Windows Vista

SCCS

Has anyone used the new VISTA O/S on windows yet. I can't get CITY NAVAGATOR 7 to load on this new windows version. I have tried everything and it's telling me I have a Mapsource Registry problem. :lol:

SCCS

Not a Mapsource problem, you have a Windows Vista problem !!! ;)

I will switch to Vista when I buy a new PC "designed" for and it comes with it for free.

To move to a new Windows OS has always meant new hardware and software. This has always ben true and I don't expect to change.

By the way, have you tried to correct the registry, explanation have been given in this forum, do a search.

I got mine to work after I did this on Vista.

Right click on the program and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Now if you aren't the admin, this isn't going to work for you.

That worked for me.

Delorme products are really severely crippled under Vista. Topo 6 won't go into 3d mode (delorme is working on a patch) and Street Atlas 8 won't run right at all no matter what I try.

I will switch to Vista when I buy a new PC "designed" for and it comes with it for free.

When I buy a new... uh.. computer it will be a Mac.

No more Windows crap!

Vista... three-dimensional windows (who the heck needs those :( )

Just launched and people started discovering bugs in it!

Good luck getting gps software working on a Mac. Trust me there isn't a bug-free OS on earth. Linux probably has the best record in squashing bugs and it's free. I have used most OS's and always go back to Windoze because everything I like works there. Ray

City Navigator 8 Works perfectly on vista, since the Longhorn days (I remember build 1000) all the way to my fresh copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. As for City Navigator 7... try running it as administrator and in WinXP SP2 Compatibility mode. Right click on the City Navigator executable and go to compatibility. This stuff is in that tab.