HTML in cache logs

As far as I am aware, HTML is not allowed in cache logs, and is thus even for premium members, am I correct? If so, would this not be a fesable addition to the website? Spam etc. could be a problem, but as far as geocaching.com goes, as far as I've seen, is host to a fairly responsible community, who would not take advantage. This feature can indeed be limited to such uses as changing color and font, at the discretion of Groundspeak. I feel as a user that it would enhance my experience of geocaching.com, allowing me to express myself more clearly in my posts, for instance, changing the color to red for milestone caches. All sensible feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

;)

My gut reaction is that I don't want the logs on my cache pages to become someone's idea of an art project. I also know from experiance that the average person has trouble knowing when to close tags and usually leaves them open but HTML tidy should take care of that.

After seeing at what UBB code is aviable I think that the UBB code covers every change I'd ever want to see in a log.

My gut reaction is that I don't want the logs on my cache pages to become someone's idea of an art project. I also know from experiance that the average person has trouble knowing when to close tags and usually leaves them open but HTML tidy should take care of that.

After seeing at what UBB code is aviable I think that the UBB code covers every change I'd ever want to see in a log.

Agreed. Thanks for the quick and concise replies folks, good to see that the forums in this community work. Thanks a lot <_<

I know that the following code currently works in cache logs:

red=[red][/red] orange = [orange][/orange] green=[green][/green] blue = [blue][/blue] purple = [purple][/purple] there may be more colors

bold =

italic =

size = a small text size, but not a larger one.

Strike-through = [/s}

Underline =

Comic Sans MS I haven't been able to get any other fonts

This stuff all looks dreadful in the emailed notification where it comes through as code.

Edited by Isonzo Karst