Firmware update for NA eXplorest XL, v2.10

I have felt like a red headed stepchild ever sense I purchased the Magellan eXplorest XL because of the lack of firmware support and the lack of back roads and trails on their ToPo 3D software, but it looks like that Magellan has posted a new freeware update for North America XL with version 2.10.

http://www.magellangps.com/support/softwar...ates/XL_210.asp

Now I need for my GPS adviser * embra* ;) to please look into this update and inform all of us of the particulars about this latest offering and should I jump in and install at this time.

Thanke embra befor hand.

First :

Magellan has to fix the site, clicking on the link to download the zip. file

takes you to a site map . . . . not the download!

Norm

I have felt like a red headed stepchild ever sense I purchased the Magellan eXplorest XL because of the lack of firmware support and the lack of back roads and trails on their ToPo 3D software, but it looks like that Magellan has posted a new freeware update for North America XL with version 2.10.

http://www.magellangps.com/support/softwar...ates/XL_210.asp

Now I need for my GPS adviser * embra* ;) to please look into this update and inform all of us of the particulars about this latest offering and should I jump in and install at this time.

Thanke embra befor hand.

Edited by RRLover

Awww...

The "what's new" link says only a couple of bug fixes:

Fixed bugs:

* Fixed a problem where the Test card feature under Advanced Utilities caused the unit to do a soft reset.

* Fixed a problem with Direct Route North America ver. 3.0

Usually I'd say dive in. If you haven't been bothered by these particular bugs--and there's nothing else included--I'd wonder what the point of upgrading would be. With the recent European firmware releases, I'd expect that this was the North American equivalent, so I'd expect that one would gain waypoint projection and whatever else was in the European release. (What version was that...?)

Since the old 1.05 firmware is available on the rhamphorhinkx site, it would seem that you have the luxury of trying it on for size, and downgrading if'n you don't like it.

Yeah, I also find the download link isn't doing anything at the moment.

Edit: I have to eat those words. I clicked several times and didn't seem to get any response. I went off to do something else, and all of a sudden the decompressed files popped up in a Windows Explorer screen. I guess it was downloading in background.

Edited by embra

Safari & Firefox were no-gos for me, but I relented and used IE and was able to dwnld.

Yeah, I also find the download link isn't doing anything at the moment.

Edit: I have to eat those words. I clicked several times and didn't seem to get any response. I went off to do something else, and all of a sudden the decompressed files popped up in a Windows Explorer screen. I guess it was downloading in background.