is gc email working?

Wile E. Dragonfly

The pocket queries were generated almost an hour ago, yet they havn't arrived in my email yet. I also sent a test email through gc off of my profile page, and that hasn't arrived yet, either. Email sent to my address is arriving, so it is not my email provider (google). We're wanting to go out caching this weekend and are leaving in a few hours. Any ideas of what is going on? Thanks!

I did finally get the email I sent to myself through Groundspeak. But, sadness, no pq yet. Also, no emails saying that there have been replies to my posts on the forums, either. I havn't been out caching in a long time, the holidays have been really busy for us (and a job interview for Wile E. too)... we were looking forward to getting out and releasing a couple of new bugs. Looks like I'll be printing off the caches before leaving work. Oh well, back to the days before I was a premium member!

Looks like I'll be printing off the caches before leaving work. Oh well, back to the days before I was a premium member!

I don't mind doing the manual thing, I've just gotten spoiled with how easy they've made it with querries and GSAK. I'm betting on my situation being a Yahoo issue and I'll end up getting a bunch of them at once.

I've been having trouble on and off for a little over two weeks now (most gc emails are delayed by hours, some never even arrive). The last update from TPTB that I'm aware of was in the Announcements section on the 26th, but it only describes problems with Yahoo mail. This seems to be something much larger in scope, because people with other email providers are also having problems getting mail. I'm hoping we can get some official word from TPTB on whether there is another issue and if there is a fix in the works.

Well, as of now, I have recieved 3/5 pq that I requested, but of course, not the 2 that I really wanted. Oh well, I printed 18 caches out... most of which are non-micros and in parks since we'll be taking the Monster dog.

This is the first problem that I've had, but I agree it is frustrating. I think I'm moving my automatic pq request up a couple of days so that I have a greater chance of getting them next week. Hope that TPTB figure this out soon...

This is the first problem that I've had, but I agree it is frustrating. I think I'm moving my automatic pq request up a couple of days so that I have a greater chance of getting them next week. Hope that TPTB figure this out soon...

This is good advice. Other than any other issues that could be going on, it's safe to assume that everybody is running/scheduling PQ's for Friday to get ready for the weekend. Scheduling them for off-days will likely help you out as well as the load on the servers.

I have confirmed that there are issues with outbound email at this time. I have a call out to support to try and get this resolved. Trust me I want this resolved as quickly as you do.

This is on the same subject but we are working on code to allow you to download a completed Pocket Query on the web site. We're hoping to have this done by the end of the month. That way regardless of whether email is working quickly you can download your Pocket Query once it generates.

I have confirmed that there are issues with outbound email at this time. I have a call out to support to try and get this resolved. Trust me I want this resolved as quickly as you do.

This is on the same subject but we are working on code to allow you to download a completed Pocket Query on the web site. We're hoping to have this done by the end of the month. That way regardless of whether email is working quickly you can download your Pocket Query once it generates.

THANKS - That will be a great feature!!!

That way regardless of whether email is working quickly you can download your Pocket Query once it generates.

Excellent.

Today's my day to receive 5 PQs.

The 1st generated at 4:49 this morning, and I still have not received it (14:43 PST).

The 2nd generated at 7:49, and I received it in 3½ hours (11:18)

The 3rd generated at 8:11, and I received it in 20 minutes (8:32)

The 4th and 5th averaged about 3½ hours as well.

Edited by Markwell

<snip>

Looks like I'll be printing off the caches before leaving work. Oh well, back to the days before I was a premium member!

You don't have to print them. Do the "preview pocket query" option. Then open each listing page, Under "Click icon to download" select GPX file, and download each cache individually. From there, you can open GSAK and use a wildcard *.gpx to open all the individual files into the database. Takes a lot of clicking, but it actually goes pretty quickly. Definitely beats printing them all! ;)

Sounds like a great feature! Thanks!

:lol:

Any update on this issue?

I am still not receiving PQs, but now, more seriously, I am not receiving owned-cache notice emails either. This could be more of a problem since those emails are often the only indicator that we get of caches that are in trouble (need maintainence) or may be causing trouble for someone else (need archiving/relocating).

Aside from not having as much time as anticipated for caching this weekend, the PQs that I requested did all come through... just after I left. =) Not that big of deal, we found some fun caches anyways.

Thanks, Jeremy, for checking into this and for working on the download off of the website option! I'm sure that will help on the server strain... Though, a question regarding this improvment. Will we still have the option of receiving the queries by email, like for scheduled weekly pqs?

I hope that everyone had a great weekend caching!

OK, not complaining, but I submitted five pq's this morning (8:30), it is now 6:03 PM and I have not received a single one.

All 5 of your PQs were generated a little after 4 PM Pacific time and all were sucessfully delivered to your email address. Please let me know if you didn't receive them.

:rolleyes: Elias

Mine are in limbo today, too.

Your 3 queries yesterday were generated around 7 AM Pacific time and all were sucessfully delivered to your ISP's mail server. Your 3 queries for today also generated around 7 AM and those too were successfully delivered to your ISP's mail server.

If you didn't receive them, let me know and I'll be happy to send you a PM of the delivery logs in case you'd like to follow up with your ISP.

Mine are in limbo today, too.

Your 3 queries yesterday were generated around 7 AM Pacific time and all were sucessfully delivered to your ISP's mail server. Your 3 queries for today also generated around 7 AM and those too were successfully delivered to your ISP's mail server.

If you didn't receive them, let me know and I'll be happy to send you a PM of the delivery logs in case you'd like to follow up with your ISP.

I am having severe problems with thi as well. Generated a number of queries on 21st and 22nd but still have not received the e'mail from 'Head Office'! Is there any way of confirming that the querie is being actioned....the preview is all ok but thats as far as it goes. Any help gratefully received....I have a new PDA sat here which is just gasping for downloads!!

I am having severe problems with thi as well. Generated a number of queries on 21st and 22nd but still have not received the e'mail from 'Head Office'! Is there any way of confirming that the querie is being actioned....the preview is all ok but thats as far as it goes. Any help gratefully received....I have a new PDA sat here which is just gasping for downloads!!

I don't have an easy way to see the history of all your PQs, but I can see that we sent at least one on the 21st, one on the 22nd, and one so far today. All of them were delivered within a few seconds of being generated. I'll send you a PM with the log entries.

In general, unless there's an issue with an ISP's mail server (for example, Yahoo throttling us), PQ emails are usually delivered within a minute or two of being generated. So if on your PQ page it shows that a PQ has been generated, then you should have received the email no more than just a few minutes after the Last Generated time.

Thanks for the reply and all your evident hard work , however......still zilch!!

As you say Gmail is usually really effective but not this time. So where do I go from here?

Valliant Knight.

Go to Settings and double check your Filters and Labels to make sure they're not doing something funny. Also, are you forwarding your Gmail account somewhere else? Beyond that, I'm not sure what else to check.

I'm only a casual Gmail user, so maybe someone else here with more experience might have some suggestions.

I was having trouble getting PQs also. I hadn't received the last several I generated although I was receiving logged caches from my watchlist. I also didn't have the option to download the PQ with my finds anymore. Then today I noticed a note across the top of the PQ page that said I couldn't download any PQs until I agreed to the terms of service (I guess that's what that was). After clicking "I agree" the button for "my finds" came back. Is this something that will periodically pop up? I had to re-verify my email address a little while ago. Could the two be related?

Thanks.