£100,000 in a geocache?

ZoomLens

A man from the UK has just won £100,000 for finding a cube hidden in the ground in a wood in Northamptonshire. Can't help but think it's like some geocaches around - only on a much larger scale.

When are we going to get our first big cache (see what I did there?) prize?

Look Here

I've been playing Perplex City for the past 6 months.

PS. anyone want to buy some unused playing cards. :)

I've been playing Perplex City for more than a year now. I was in the top 500 at one point but have slipped down to 989 out of some 53000 :) having solved 183 puzzles out of 256 :) I was keeping an eye on the latest developments...

The trouble is that you really need to immerse yourself in the game and I never seem to have enough time what with all the caching and events... oh and erm work too :huh:

Helen

I've been playing Perplex City for more than a year now. I was in the top 500 at one point but have slipped down to 989 out of some 53000 <_< having solved 183 puzzles out of 256 :huh: I was keeping an eye on the latest developments...

The trouble is that you really need to immerse yourself in the game and I never seem to have enough time what with all the caching and events... oh and erm work too ;)

Helen

I'd never heard of this!

Is it all over now the cube has been found?? ;)

Same with World of Warcraft...apparently it's huge but I'm completely baffled by it ;) ??

I've only recently become aware of geocaching! :P

Ignorance is bliss, I think...there's just not enough hours in the day!

Well Mumbo, you do have £2 from my personal fortune, so you really should look at some serious investment options. You really don't want to fritter it away, as it could be really important in your later life, and retirement.

If you invested it correctly, and reinvested the income from the investment, along with the compounding effect, you might even have enough to buy a pint by the time you retire (taking in to account inflation, of course).

I really hope that some benevolent multi-millionaires start geocaching soon!

I've been playing Perplex City for more than a year now. I was in the top 500 at one point but have slipped down to 989 out of some 53000 :laughing: having solved 183 puzzles out of 256 :grin: I was keeping an eye on the latest developments...

The trouble is that you really need to immerse yourself in the game and I never seem to have enough time what with all the caching and events... oh and erm work too :grin:

Helen

For anyone interested in this type of Geo puzzle.

Perplex City 2 has now started

A city obsessed with puzzles and ciphers. A game that blurs the boundaries between fiction and reality.

Begin an incredible, immersive adventure that spills out into the real world. Interrogate suspects over the phone, search police files for evidence, decipher coded emails and check newspapers for clues - working with tens of thousands of players around the world.

Aren't we encouraged to trade up or trade even?

Took: £100,000

Left: Mc Donalds toy

Doesn't seem right... What would you leave in return?

J

I left a puzzlecard and a hole in the ground...

I hope to set a cache for the anniversary but I'm not sure we were terribly popular with the Forestry Commission after all that digging so it might have to be in the general area rather than on the spot.

Just found this thread... should have thought to look ages ago :D