The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Well, I didn't see this mission in time to post to it, but I'd like to add my idea anyway as I think it is important. Other people may adopt this idea for other coins if they see my post.

One of my favourite charities is Child Find Nova Scotia. They assist in locating missing and exploited children to reunite them with their lawful parent or guardian. Through child safety programs, public speaking, child fingerprinting clinics, publication of pictures of missing children and the recognition of Missing Children's Day, they work to prevent future abduction and exploitation of children.

If I had won the mission challenge, I would have activated the coin and taken it to any event or shown it to any cacher I met. On the coin's description page I would post pictures and information on missing children in the hopes that someone might have seen them.

Hey we are here in Kendallville and we seen the Dark Knight last night, he wouldn't show his face but soon as he seen us he took off but we captured a picture of him running away. Soon as we get home on Monday we will post it. Maybe we will get lucky and be able to meet the GSA at the MWGB, or at least if we miss him he leaves us a note. Welcome to stop in and see our little teardrop camper we made, and Say Hi to Bella Our live Mascot for MWGB.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

V3 arrived today. What a beauty! Even better than the V2. I have gotten the thumbs up from the higher up to raffle it off and have a geocaching booth set up. They were very excited to hear my story,plan and the fact that it will all go to the United Way. You should have seen their faces when I decribed who the GSA was and what he is about. Can't wait till we put it out to the whole plant. Bet there will be plenty of folks asking me about the GSA and geocaching.

Now to put together the activities for the booth and additional items for the raffle. I was thinking of a ready to hide cache and swag. Maybe a gas card since I know the pains of filling up to just go geocaching. But hey it's worth every penny.

I will keep the thread posted of the progression of my mission as things happen.

Edited by Koolbrez

V3 arrived today. What a beauty! Even better than the V2. I have gotten the thumbs up from the higher up to raffle it off and have a geocaching booth set up. They was very excited to hear my story,plan and the fact that it will all go to the United Way. You should have seen their faces when I decribed who the GSA was and what he is about. Can't wait till we put it out to the whole plant. Bet there will be plenty of folks asking me about the GSA and geocaching.

Now to put together the activities for the booth and additional items for the raffle. I was thinking of a ready to hide cache and swag. Maybe a gas card since I know the pains of filling up to just go geocaching. But hey it's worth every penny.

I will keep the thread posted of the progression of my mission as things happen.

This is what the GSA V3 is all about. Excellent work Agent Koolbrez. You will soon be promoted for your work and efforts.

V3 arrived today. What a beauty! Even better than the V2. I have gotten the thumbs up from the higher up to raffle it off and have a geocaching booth set up. They was very excited to hear my story,plan and the fact that it will all go to the United Way. You should have seen their faces when I decribed who the GSA was and what he is about. Can't wait till we put it out to the whole plant. Bet there will be plenty of folks asking me about the GSA and geocaching.

This is what the GSA V3 is all about. Excellent work Agent Koolbrez. You will soon be promoted for your work and efforts.

There is officially a new level to reach for all agents.

Level 0 - wanna be's

Level 1 - Agents

Level 2 - Double Agents

Level 3 - Agent Supreme

This is amazing that the GSA has promoted me to this level for my work on the last mission. Maybe the next mission will allow for someone to be promoted also.

I also, having previous experience in the Private Eye field, wish to become part of the team. Am a bit unsure of the requirements ~ perhaps I have not looked back far enough. My special mission is any program which has to do with Cancer - Relay for Life, Walks - you name it and there are a lot - but walk in a circle right now/right where you stand this instant and try to find someone not effected by cancer in some way.

Point said - I await guidance.

MISSION UPDATE:

Official date changed to Oct. 11th

Tent, table and chairs ordered

Two temporary caches to be hidden around the plant for employees and guests to find with the assistance of local cachers. This place is huge.

Giveaways ordered and provided by company. Compass keychains to each person that finds a cache. Additionaly all employees that find a cache will be given a ticket to win a brand new GPSr that I personally get to choose and pay for with company card. The GPSr will be given out at the end of the day.

Raffle will start two weeks prior to the event.

Items so far for the raffle:

GSA V3 Coin

TX 888 Coin

It all about the numbers Coin

Canadian pass the puck micro geocoin

Canadian Cacher Micro geocoin

Canadian Nomad TB

(2)Wenchuan earthquake awareness pathtags

Original Cache hunter pathtag

Foundit it! PTC 08/08 pathtag

TB tag

2 ready to hide caches, Lock and Locks (enough quality swag to fill both)

Additionally for each 100 tickets sold ($1 each) $10 gas card up to $100 in gas.

Three local cachers including myself to help with a few more waiting in the wings if needed.

Propaganda will start filling the information LCD's in the plant next week.

Registration will begin for the picnic next week. 1400+ anticipated to attend.

That is all for now. Thanks to all who have donated thus far. Thanks to my company for supporting this effort and kicking in some nice stuff. Thanks most to the GSA for putting me on this mission. This has been so fun and exciting. It has started from a simple raffle and 101 booth for charity to this huge undertaking that I really enjoy and have poured my heart into. As my quote says "If you don't remember the journey was it worth the trip". This is one journey that has really been worth it all and one I will always remember. Will continue to accept donations. E-mail me. More will be posted as things get down to the wire.

AS Koolbrez

Updated to add the Canadian package that arrived today and a couple of pathtags I originally left out by mistake.

Edited by Koolbrez

MISSION UPDATE:

Official date changed to Oct. 11th

Tent, table and chairs ordered

Two temporary caches to be hidden around the plant for employees and guests to find with the assistance of local cachers. This place is huge.

Giveaways ordered and provided by company. Compass keychains to each person that finds a cache. Additionaly all employees that find a cache will be given a ticket to win a brand new GPSr that I personally get to choose and pay for with company card. The GPSr will be given out at the end of the day.

Raffle will start two weeks prior to the event.

Items so far for the raffle:

GSA V3 Coin

TX 888 Coin

It all about the numbers Coin

Canadian pass the puck micro geocoin

Canadian Cacher Micro geocoin

Canadian Nomad TB

(2)Wenchuan earthquake awareness pathtags

Original Cache hunter pathtag

Foundit it! PTC 08/08 pathtag

TB tag

2 ready to hide caches, Lock and Locks (enough quality swag to fill both)

Additionally for each 100 tickets sold ($1 each) $10 gas card up to $100 in gas.

Three local cachers including myself to help with a few more waiting in the wings if needed.

Propaganda will start filling the information LCD's in the plant next week.

Registration will begin for the picnic next week. 1400+ anticipated to attend.

That is all for now. Thanks to all who have donated thus far. Thanks to my company for supporting this effort and kicking in some nice stuff. Thanks most to the GSA for putting me on this mission. This has been so fun and exciting. It has started from a simple raffle and 101 booth for charity to this huge undertaking that I really enjoy and have poured my heart into. As my quote says "If you don't remember the journey was it worth the trip". This is one journey that has really been worth it all and one I will always remember. Will continue to accept donations. E-mail me. More will be posted as things get down to the wire.

AS Koolbrez

Updated to add the Canadian package that arrived today and a couple of pathtags I originally left out by mistake.

Great work Koolbrez!!!

Kay, Im here...Awaiting deployment! :)

:rolleyes:

I know, its not funny, but every dang time I come to this thread Im a day late and a dollar short! So am I early this time around???

Agent 175 is sipping coffee and awaiting his next mission...even though he's been on break for the last month!!! :ph34r:

Good work fellow agents! Glad to see a good Agents work is never done!

B)

007BigD, Welcome back. It seems there must be some major secret training going on somewhere that's keeping our leader occupied or Dr Evil may know about his whereabouts.I'll be putting on my spy hat pulling out my pipe and spy glass and going through our leaders last post looking for clues.

Secret Agents around the world may need to unite.

I'm still alive. I am just detained at this time. I will be back in action by November. More work to do for the Christmas Season at that time so keep this thread alive.

Yeah, there is still chance of my becoming a Secret Agent, slim chance I'll admit, but NEVER give up hope :rolleyes:

and me, i keep missing out on these missions, so im still just a wannabe.

I'm still alive. I am just detained at this time. I will be back in action by November. More work to do for the Christmas Season at that time so keep this thread alive.

We were starting to worry about you!! November, eh? That should give us some time to watch some James Bond, maybe read a little Sherlock Holmes....gonna be ready!

Mission update.

This next weekend I will hold my 101 booth at the picnic. Things are all set and ready to go. Tent set up will happen later this week and we will hide the caches on Thursday. We are expecting a big turn out. Man, am I excited! Wish me luck!!

You'll do just fine! Are you going to place a few temporary caches for the visitors to "get their feet wet" on?? When we host 101's, we place an ammo box and a micro to let the visitors see what a find is like, we even place a logbook in so they can sign the log (adds to the adventure). One of us (we usually have at least 2 or 3 cachers manning the booth) will lead a small group out while the others hand out flyers and talk with visitors! We also take along our binders of coins, a few TBs and some demonstration containers to place on the table as well as a full ammo can (so you can show everyone what a typical real cache might look like). Maybe some of the natural camo is always good too!

The most important thing is HAVE FUN!!! 101's are probably my favorite type of events, I LOVE talking with potential cachers and sharing the fun I find in this activity! Talking about something you have fun doing will be easy, you'll have them loving it just like you do, my friend!! Just explain it out as basically as possible so anyone (including children) can understand....and don't forget the flyers lol!

GOOD LUCK my friend!!

You'll do just fine! Are you going to place a few temporary caches for the visitors to "get their feet wet" on?? When we host 101's, we place an ammo box and a micro to let the visitors see what a find is like, we even place a logbook in so they can sign the log (adds to the adventure). One of us (we usually have at least 2 or 3 cachers manning the booth) will lead a small group out while the others hand out flyers and talk with visitors! We also take along our binders of coins, a few TBs and some demonstration containers to place on the table as well as a full ammo can (so you can show everyone what a typical real cache might look like). Maybe some of the natural camo is always good too!

The most important thing is HAVE FUN!!! 101's are probably my favorite type of events, I LOVE talking with potential cachers and sharing the fun I find in this activity! Talking about something you have fun doing will be easy, you'll have them loving it just like you do, my friend!! Just explain it out as basically as possible so anyone (including children) can understand....and don't forget the flyers lol!

GOOD LUCK my friend!!

Thanks to all well wishers. We are having caches placed, flyers, displays, basically all of the above. I do plan on having lots of fun. But most importantly I get a chance to help a local charity in such a neat and unique way. BTW the company has purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend GPSr to give away as a door prize. Whom ever finds the cache with the entry tickets in it can place an entry into the drawing for it.

Secret Agent in Distress!!!

Well, actually his situation is unknown...I have had Secret Agent Coin Man TBBAF1 ( http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...ba-5308a7a81e16 ) in my possesion, only he is not the same Secret Agent I dropped off at the cache.

I got an email from a Road Crew worker who had accidentally found my cache stating after he was done with the area, he had noticed 2 traveling hitchhikers making off with the cache he had just found! After his confiscation of the cache he emailed as to the happenings of my Secret Agent Bug Drop and returned it the following day...never to find a cache again! :huh:

When I arrived for examination, all looked good- It still contained the travelers~Only Secret Agent Man was Mamed...Or was he???? At this point one can not tell whether or not Secret Agent Man is undergoing a Secret mission or has been Man-napped! Either way his current location is unknown and all that left was his TB tag attached to his "Make-shift" undercover replacement! (one "can" only hope)

I am comming to you for help GSA... to possibly route another Secret Agent to stealthfully travel caches in search of his lost mate!!! I tried unsuccesfully to locate anoter item of Secret Agent Worthiness and have failed! :( I come to you as last resort to get this Secret Agent traveling again! Unknown at this point if there are any others GSA's traveling, but I am willing to prepare a new candidate to travel in place of the unworthy Secret Agent Coin Man traveler which was left by the Traveling Muggles that be!

Secret Agent Coin Mans mission was to meet up with the Elusive GSA...What I am hoping to accomplish here, is that he can meet up with the GSA and travel free once again, undergoin what ever mission his owner pleases... Owner of Secret Agent Coin Man?...SandTracker!!! I was stoked to show him around when he arrived and this guy has seen a few of us!

Heres a pic of Secret Agent Coin Man with me high above UC Berkely at the Bears Stadium before he went AWOL!

f7199233-005d-407a-bed8-4734c8552c10.jpg

And here he is now...Just NOT of the Secret Agent Coin Man type!!! Maybe he had a few too many with the Bumbees and they talked him into hittin the road with them! :lol:

c67bd915-df77-4cda-86ca-bc6dde91171c.jpg

Mission Proposed! :P ... Now, when else you gonna get to see the GSA travel??? :P

Agent #176, Over and Out! B)

Edited by 007BigD

Just a quick note to say My mission is complete. I would post more today but just as I arrived home from the picnic My wife and I had to get her niece from a hotel room where she tried to OD on sleeping pills and get her to the emergency room. I am totally drained for the most part and am awaiting a few more pics before I post the complete details. Look for it tomorrow. Let's just say "It was a good day at the picnic".

AS Koolbrez

BTW Our niece is OK.

Edited by Koolbrez

Where to start??? Saturday was a blast. The Geocache booth and raffle did very well. Over sixty people visited 1 of 3 caches hid. Some found them all. There were many people stopping by and being inquisitive. Everyone had a great time. It was so much fun to watch them look for the caches, to tell them stories of caching adventures, showing them pics near cache locations, how neat TB's and geocoins are and showing them the variety of cache containers that could be hid. How well did the raffle go? I'll keep you in suspense for now. Some thank you's are in order. For if it were not for these people I would not be posting this right now.

My company-- Thank you for allowing me to share this hobby of mine with my fellow workers and the GPSr to bring them my way.

mraycii and bfiesler-- Thank you my voulnteers and friends for the geocaching displays, taking people to caches, your comradery in this sport and your belief in making this happen. I know you had as much fun as I did.

:D

Geok's,Arf2-D2,BrierPatch, and cache_in_hand--Thank you so much for you kind donations towards my mission. This truly makes one a believer in the kindness of others in the geocaching world.

:(

GSA-- Saving the biggest THANK YOU!!! for last. Thank you for getting me started on this mission in the first place. This whole experience has impacted me in ways that dig deep into my soul. I have had so much fun doing this. You have fueled the fire within me to continue doing what I have done. I know the money raised will be put to good use in our area.

:)

Oh, but you do not know how much was raised. Well, all in all, the amount raised through this mission was...

.$394

I have a slide show being put together with some pics of the event. I still will like to get just a couple of pic added. I will have to post it later. :D

If there are any mystery coiners out looking to surprise someone, anyone listed in this post I believe are so ever deserving.

Once again. Thanks to everyone!!!

My mission is now complete (or is it???).

AS Koolbrez Out!!! :lol:

Oddly enough I just happened to find a TGF coin this past summer in Alaska. I'm positive I don't know who placed it, in fact I had no clue about the elusive TGF coins until I came home and did a google search.

It will remain with me until such time that I meet another cacher that will truely appreciate it. That being said, I sure would love to stumble onto a GSA coin to compliment the one I have now, perhaps a double display case and subsequent re-release?