The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

O BOY...O BOY...O BOY....saw a GSA drop 25 miles from home last night, told wifey "shut off the grill & lets hustle "...got on the road, hoping no one would beat us there, got to the cache & WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO...there it was, a "GSA v2"...THANKS GSA..........PS: wifey did not even get a ticket..........lol :laughing::laughing:

Agent Wanna-B V2 with final mission report:

Mission was complete on schedule (per original instructions) at about 1230 hrs PDT, with the exception of posting the number of coins activated and dropped.

A total of 32 trackable geocoins, each with a different icon, were activated on Tuesday, July 22. Additionally, each was drilled, and some sort of tag or toy was added with metal split rings or cable key fobs. Each was given a mission (of sorts), most being very similar.

On Wednesday, July 23, they were released to two travel bug caches, the first being:

Cummings Lake T-Bug Stop (GCNVJQ) received:

1. SA Cache A Day Geocoin
  2. SA Curse of the Pirates Treasure Geocoin
  3. SA Generic Geocoin
  4. SA Red Cross Geocoin
  5. SA Team S&B Geocoin

The remaining 27 geocoins were released to Stargate P47122 TB Cache (GCV49Z) with specific instructions to travel to the following countries through the stargate:

Australia

1. SA 2007 California Micro Geocoin
  2. SA 2007 Evil Micro Geocoin
  3. SA American Cacher Geocoin
  4. SA HAM Radio Geocoin
  5. SA Hawai`i Micro Geocoin
  6. SA Loved This Cache Geocoin
  7. SA Magellan Armed Squad Geocoin
  8. SA Mailbox Geocoin
  9. SA Night Racer Geocoin
  10. SA Purple Haze Cacher Geocoin
  11. SA WSGA Puget Sound Geocoin

Japan

1. SA Australia 2007 Geocoin
  2. SA Live to Cache Geocoin
  3. SA Luminous Energy Geocoin
  4. SA Newfoundland Geocoin
  5. SA NOLEFAN9399 Geocoin

South Africa

1. SA FTF Midnight Cacher Geocoin
  2. SA Grey Owl's Beaver Lodge Geocoin
  3. SA I Love Geocaching Geocoin
  4. SA Pirate Treasure Geocoin
  5. SA Triple Dragon Geocoin

Switzerland

1. SA Caching in the Holidays Geocoin
  2. SA Dawn of the Faeries Geocoin
  3. SA Hunt Geocoin
  4. SA Seize the Day Geocoin
  5. SA Symbology Geocoin
  6. SA Team Jsam Geocoin

I was accompanied by Junior Agent Wanna-B Barkman, who was invaluable as he assisted by concealing the bag of coins in his sling, and by keeping a lookout for wayward muggles. Unfortunately, I was forced to employ a somnolence spray on one muggle who insisted on parking too close to the Gate. Fortunately, he remained unaware of our mission, and awoke and drove off a few minutes later.

2697196244_b976013a65.jpg

(Above) Unfortunate muggle.

Final Mission status:

1. Activate coins -- Check!
  2. Drop in cache(s) 10+ miles from home -- Check!
  3. Post number of coins activated and dropped -- Check!

In the final analysis, mission accomplished, awaiting further instructions.

(Edited for tense agreement.)

Amazing!! Great Job releasing that many coins. If I had the coins I would have too. I understand not wanting to release coins. (since the only one I have is a GSAv2) but hey if you can then why the heck not. :D

MISSION:

Make a suggestion. I want a suggestion for a top notch mission. CRITERIA: The mission must do something good for geocaching as a (our) hobby or promote geocaching in a positive way.

I will review all of the suggestions Monday.

This is the mission if you choose to accept it. To the victor goes a V2 GSA Geocoin. Good Luck.

Open to all perspective agents, even those wishing to become double agents.

MISSION:

Make a suggestion. I want a suggestion for a top notch mission. CRITERIA: The mission must do something good for geocaching as a (our) hobby or promote geocaching in a positive way.

This is the mission if you choose to accept it. To the victor goes a V2 GSA Geocoin. Good Luck.

What will your prefered method of contact be? PM, Forum Post, smoke signal(LOL)?

MISSION:

What will your prefered method of contact be? PM, Forum Post, smoke signal(LOL)?

POST HERE ONLY

My idea is to hide a cache that is handicap acessible and or kid friendly. The attributes must be selected in order to count. There is never enough for these two groups. One twist is that the GSA choses the required attributes and the first to have a cache placed with his attributes activated wins. In a way we will hide the GSA's dream cache.

Edited by Koolbrez

Host an event such as a Geocaching 101 event. Teach others of the fun we enjoy! I enjoy doing this as much as caching!

edit for spelling and such, sorry!

Since this would take too long for a mission, how about take a newbie caching? Teach then all the fun things (including coins) caching has to offer!!

I like Rockin Roddy's idea but will throw this one in.

Contact your local newspaper/tv station to have them do an article on geocaching to promote the sport. Have them go an a hunt with you on camera. I know its been done before but hey that's how I discovered geocaching so I think something good came out of that article!!

I like Rockin Roddy's idea but will throw this one in.

Contact your local newspaper/tv station to have them do an article on geocaching to promote the sport. Have them go an a hunt with you on camera. I know its been done before but hey that's how I discovered geocaching so I think something good came out of that article!!

We just had an article in our city magazine about geocaching. Good for the game but the author was kinda of biased and printed a few untruths about the game. Like caches are "buried".

Set up a booth at one of the local festivals, arts and crafts shows or that type of thing to give out info about geocaching. Explain the sport and have examples of types of cache containers used and swag etc. If possible with a banner of your local organization prominently displayed

How about an Undercover stealth mission. GSA has been so kind as to share his coins and create new missions I propose a giving back or continuation of His mission. We (Wannabe Secret agents will do the research and find out what coins others are seeking and then send them to them secretivly with a GSA return address But we will Email our Agent in charge to whom and what we are sending them. Only He will know our total mission until it is complete. The recipients could be instructed to post in this thread. that way is could be verified. The GSA could determine winners based on responses of post or any method of his choosing. This mission would require WannabeAgents to demonstrate their research skills, Stealth skills, and care for fellow Coiners.

what about a CITO event to lure muggles into the hobby? would teach the love of the area without litter strewn about and it would pique their interest in the thrill of the "treasure" hunt.

from my experience most muggles detest seeing all the garbage laying around where it shouldnt be, but it never occurs to them to actually do something about it by picking it up and disposing of it correctly. if it was made fun then more muggles would be proud to pick up litter.

We where tuesday caching in schoonhoven the netherlands.

There is a geocacher who hides his caches fantastic.

We went to look for a other cache from him in the haven off schoonhoven,

When we walked up to the cache we saw [we thought cachers] by the cache.

But it were not cachers but a older woman and a kid who lived in the neighboorhood.

They were gardian cache watchers over the cache.

They keep a eye over the cache.

But they had no.. idea what geocaching was, they thought the municipal [hope it is the right word] had place this cache.

So we told about geocaching and told the boy that he can play to in this game and even when he likes can place a cache.

We told him and grandma everything we know and give them the dutch and geocaching.com internet side.

I told him that in his neighboorhood every year a event was where he can meet other cachers.

We told him or caching name, show how we log and that he could see the logs on internet.

We told him he could mail us when he needed more help.

And we told him that this geocaching game was world wide, wow the kid was very enthousiatic.

:laughing: So i think we have a new geocacher in spe. :)

How about a GSA hide a cache mission Where GSA selects a Park near the wannabe Agents home Coords and then the Wannabe Agent goes out on a mission finds a spot & Sends those Coordinants TO the GSA who then Makes the New Cache Page (Ammo Cans) And the agent to be can then place the cache.

Or the GSA could just post a list of parks for Hides along with Hide typ and Size, and the agent wannabees could do the rest.

Edited by BrierPatch

Hello to all! :)

I am thinking something.....

How about to go to a camp for children during summer, or even in a school during winter, (take permision first), and try to make children understand this new game! Children loves mystery trips in forests, in places with green, to find treasure boxes (caches)....just like treasure hunt and pirates!! they can learn about TB's and GC, about signature items, about trades, and even show them some to see how beautiful they are!

Make sure that they understood that not all can be taken but some belong to others and have a goal!

After that, you can answer their questions, and why not, make some questions too, to examin them if they "got the lesson"! :laughing:

The next day, with the help of their teachers, leaders... you can take them for some real action!!! You can start from a place with many caches, that is "friendly" for children (a park for example), or even place some new caches in an area!

Create teams, which a grown up (teacher, leader or an experiensed geocacher (prefered) ), is leading , and give them papers with instractions, cordinates, photos etc, of the caches to find!

Hmm....each team can deside their team's name!

Each team must find first a different cache, and be sure that not any team can see the other!

Now, if the caches will be multi caches, it will be the best! Like treasure hunt! Otherwise, just put the cordinates of the next cache, in the previous one!

The team that will find the bigest number of caches, and had done the best job (loging good, trade fair etc), will be the winner! A small cup, that is saying ..."To the 1st geocaching team", would be great, and if you want medals....I think there are some pretty cool geocoins for that! :)

To all who will participate, an event geocoin and some signature items will be given!

Then, we can help them to register in geocaching.com, and why not, try to keep their teams!

At last, to each team will be given a TB, to release with a goal of their choise, and they can watch its journey!!! :)

If you have money.....you can even have a lottery and the winner kid can win a GPS!!! :)

Oh boy!!! I wich I could do that!!! B)

So, what do you think about it??? :)

What i am doing what good is for geocaching world??

###I set geocoins and tb free into the world so everybody can enjoy there beauty.

###In the last year i have set atleast 4o coins free.

###There are 2 coins ready to travel around the world.

### I enjoy the caches who cachers have made for me. [geocachers]

### I write positive logs and thanks always the cacheowner.

### If there is trash in the cache i take it home.

### If there in not enough goodies i place more in the cache.

### I report to the owner when something is wrong with the cache.

### I own now my first cache, do regular cache controles and check the cache if there are enough goodies.

###i make people addictive to geocaching and geocoins. if this is positive ... i don't know. :laughing:

### Everybody who wants to learn about geocaching can come with us, so we can explain.

###i set geocoins free from other geocoiners.

### i move find geocoins and tb within 2 weeks in a other cache.

### I report when a geocoin or tb is missing.

### I place geocoins and tb in save caches.

### we take our trash with us home our throw it in a dust-bin

### i am a secret agent when i log a cache so nobody see me.

*** We behave ourself in geocaching world like we want that every person also behave, respect for each other and nature***

But i think most geocachers do so. :), so what we do is not special.:)

Edited by Geo.Error

In order to promote the sport/hobby of geocaching to the public here is something else to try. Is there going to be a geocaching event nearby in a fairly large area maybe like a park? If so talk to the event organizers and see if you can get the info about the event in front of the public ie muggles by maybe getting it into the newspapers to invite the public at large to the event. Some papers around here have columns about what is going on that weekend. If no event like that is scheduled then have one of your own. Then take Rockin Roddy's suggestion and have a geocaching 101 class. LOL

I like the fact that geocaching is such a great family activity. Although I do not have any children of my own, my extended family get together once a year and I take my nieces and nephews out caching. This past year the area we met did not have any caches, so I hid one at the resort for my family to find and personalized the cache with swag that I knew they would enjoy (and I made sure they had items to trade even or up, so I made out well too :laughing: ). The next mission should be pictures and stories of familes out caching and exploring areas that they never knew existed. There have been recent threads that talk about Geocaching being such a "family friendly" sport ... let's show that it still is!!!

Agent Tooey reporting in. This Agent suggests a visit to Google Earth, select an area at random, investigate the caches in that area. Conduct further investigations to determine the inventory of cache owners. Select three owners whose inventory shows few activated and travelling coins.

Now select three unactivated coins, activate them and release them with a mission of your choice, send adoption papers to the three selected cachers.

Report ends.

Ok! Hiding caches seems to be a popular idea. Hide a cache and Take a picture of the cache container and whoever has the most creative Secret Agent container wins.

This one would be cool! I've got some pretty unique hides that get great logs and would be right up my alley... I'm one of those evil hiders folks seem to hate so much cause they are looking for a quick smiley and not wanting to work for the find...

A cointest like this would get my mind working on my next evil cache!

We where tuesday caching in schoonhoven the netherlands.

There is a geocacher who hides his caches fantastic.

We went to look for a other cache from him in the haven off schoonhoven,

When we walked up to the cache we saw [we thought cachers] by the cache.

But it were not cachers but a older woman and a kid who lived in the neighboorhood.

They were gardian cache watchers over the cache.

They keep a eye over the cache.

But they had no.. idea what geocaching was, they thought the municipal [hope it is the right word] had place this cache.

So we told about geocaching and told the boy that he can play to in this game and even when he likes can place a cache.

We told him and grandma everything we know and give them the dutch and geocaching.com internet side.

I told him that in his neighboorhood every year a event was where he can meet other cachers.

We told him or caching name, show how we log and that he could see the logs on internet.

We told him he could mail us when he needed more help.

And we told him that this geocaching game was world wide, wow the kid was very enthousiatic.

:blink: So i think we have a new geocacher in spe. :blink:

update: just got mail from the kid.

Addiction is started.

He has choosen his geocaching name .

He and his grandma are searching for a other cache in the neigboorhood.

Not found yet, but i think it will be soon.

The caches in his place schoonhoven are very creative hide, so they are difficult for first finders.

Give him some other caches and tips.

:antenna: Wow, what is this fun, or most i feel me quilty, addiction is .....bad....is it not. :rolleyes:

One of your agents from Maine here with a suggestion...

Create a namesake cache or coin for a fellow cacher. Either have the cache suited to their ability or pick a coin from your stash that would mean something to the chosen one.

This agent has done 24 coins in that manner (The Lost Coins), and was also part of a group of three to put out over 30 caches geared to cachers with limited mobility. (Maine Rose Series)

I'd love to see the trend continue...

My idea would be some work, but I think a lot of fun, too :rolleyes:

Ok,

- at first the wannabeagents will have to pick up as many trackables as possible

- then they will move them as far as possible, trying to fullfill their mission

- then the amount of kilometers or miles the trackable was moved will be added up

- an extra 200 km will be added for each trackable-mission that was fullfilled by the wannabeagent

- to proof the amount travelled the wannabeagent will provide a link to each trackable moved in ONE post in this thread

- finally the agent with the most km/miles will be declared new agent :blink:

This will make a lot of trackablw-owners happy as well as get us out caching some more :antenna:

Another Maine Agent here - develope a cache which will be historically instructional. A multi- stage which brings you to locally significant or historically signification locations to collect number for a final stage. The final stage could be a historically significant location (with appropriate permission of course) or a local library (yes, partnering with a local library for a inside cache in a "hollow book" based on the Dewey Decimel system can be cool).

Create the cache and then publish it. Folks will learn, non-cachers will be engaged and perhaps if you use the library they have a speakers program. You could use the "Speaker's Program" to open the door to talk about Geocaching, use of the library public access computers and to outline caches placed in your community of town. The librarian could make a display of books to loan about Geocaching and if you are lucky enough there is a GPSr loaner program in or near to your town (some libraries do have these with Etrexs), then those too could be highlighted.

Thanks for this mission. I believe promotion of your town through the Local Conservation Commission Lands, placement of caches with permission and the local library and speakers bureau is very important. (I took the time to soliciate a door prize and do a speakers talk at our local library a few months ago <Orrington ME Public Library> and Cache Maine helped me.

Start at home and the ripples of your wake will get bigger and bigger!

One of your agents from Maine here with a suggestion...

Create a namesake cache or coin for a fellow cacher. Either have the cache suited to their ability or pick a coin from your stash that would mean something to the chosen one.

This agent has done 24 coins in that manner (The Lost Coins), and was also part of a group of three to put out over 30 caches geared to cachers with limited mobility. (Maine Rose Series)

I'd love to see the trend continue...

And I am very PROUD to be one of the Agents who helped with the Maine Rose Series! Woot!

Children are the future of geocaching so I think it would be great to take a child caching, teach them about caching and help them choose and place a cache. I have helped kids place caches and it is so nice to see them get excited about going to check on it. They learn so much from it. Picking up the trash, taking care of something and it makes them feel so good when people go to their cache and says nice things about it. Caching isn't about the numbers or the icons, it is about finding that perfect spot that others will say thanks for bringing me here. So I would say a good mission would be take a child, find that perfect spot and place a cache.

Here is an idea? Have a World Wide Geocoin Secret Agent Flash Mob event like the WWFM events? See how many events can get published on gc.com by a certain date for like a 15 min event. Everyone who attends must try to dress up like the secret agent, have a group picture taken and posted on gc.com, coins can be exchanged there? A GSA cache must be published in the general area of events (optional?). I think the WWFM events really did a lot for Podcacher in promoting geocaching and would get the most people into it plus I think it would become a big hit and probably become a yearly thing?

P.S. since we have already won a v2 coin, if this wins then I would be glad to drop the coin in one of our local caches or let someone else who posts here have it?

'Hide' a cache in a location that could easily be discovered by non-cachers. The cache container may or may not contain the usual swag, but SHOULD include several copies of an info pamphlet describing our sport and encouraging the finder to seek out more info on the GC website. It should also encourage the finder to sign the log and respect the cache and any other caches they may find in the future.

A couple of my caches have been found by non-cachers who have signed the log and thanked me for the wonderful discovery. I have no idea if any of them have since become cachers, but I like to think so. If they haven't, at least they learned a little bit about geocaching and didn't make off with the container or its contents.

Ok! Hiding caches seems to be a popular idea. Hide a cache and Take a picture of the cache container and whoever has the most creative Secret Agent container wins.

This one would be cool! I've got some pretty unique hides that get great logs and would be right up my alley... I'm one of those evil hiders folks seem to hate so much cause they are looking for a quick smiley and not wanting to work for the find...

A cointest like this would get my mind working on my next evil cache!

Hee hee! That sounds like a challenge, even if it doesn't become an official GSA challenge! I imagine, however, that we'll have to start a thread in one of the other forums for this.