The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Congratulations to all the new SA's :sad:

Would still love an opportunity at a V2 or V3 GSA coin :sad:

I would love one too. I still have my V1 coin but it is lonely. :huh:

Then go ahead and enter into this mission. This mission obviously needs to be opened up to more. OPEN now to anyone except former mission winners.

SO, Maybe I can get to pose with the muggles at work, again. Hopefully you'll wait until 2300 PDT :huh:

My dear GSA! :sad:

Since I am a winner of a mission already, so I have a V2, I can not participate! Well, I shall post 2 pictures showing...under cover ancient agents! :huh:

picture00051.jpg

picture00043.jpg

The second photo is showing a high rank agent! :sad:

These are from the area I work! they are in a place that you can take photos!

As you can see...there are no faces! Strange? Well.....I do not think so!

Here is the story! (I hope I have your permision GSA)

In ancient Greece, they used to make statues complete, but Romans started massive production of statues, without heads or without faces!

By that way, they were putting the head or the face they wanted each time! when a person (emperor, general...) was famous, they used to put a head or just a face of him on the statue, but when the guy was not famous anymore, they were just taking the head off and where putting a new one, from someone else who was famous!

It is said that from that, the motto "took his head off" was made! I do not know if it is true, but... :huh:

The same thing was happening with the face, like the statues in the photos! clever thing, but...not so pretty to see many statues axactly the same except from the head! the ancient greek beauty was gone!

Anyway.... These statues look like secret agents!!! :D

Well we ended up on a very dangerous mission yesterday there seemed to be a selection of people dressed in odd clothing

The men tended to be dressed as penguins with funny coats on

wedd.jpg

I tried loads of times in the evening to get photos without being TOO apparent here is a few of the better ones (lots were useless as I didnt want to gert caught

IMGP1393.jpg

IMGP1386-1.jpg

hope this fulfils the mission

Bob

Well we ended up on a very dangerous mission yesterday there seemed to be a selection of people dressed in odd clothing

The men tended to be dressed as penguins with funny coats on

wedd.jpg

I tried loads of times in the evening to get photos without being TOO apparent here is a few of the better ones (lots were useless as I didnt want to gert caught

IMGP1393.jpg

IMGP1386-1.jpg

hope this fulfils the mission

Bob

That's SO cool with the older gent wearing sandals :sad:

Mission complete!

We thought we'd complete our mission while we were out and about today. I made up a sign, hopped in the car and down the road I figured out I left the sign at home. I came back home and got the sign. We hit the first place, snapped the picture and ducked around to the next isle, purchased our items, and left for site number two. Got to site number two and discovered my agent recruit (aka daughter #1) threw my sign away at the last site -- back to agent school for her. She thought we were done with the mission. So, all we got was the one shot. She only took one pic at site one. Thank goodness it was a good one.

sgamission.jpg

Thanks GSA for the mission! We had a lot of fun doing this. Looking forward to another one.

...Anthus

V1 Secret Agent 72 -Geocacher checking in :D Well I was out in Geocoin-Public on a Geocoin mission I proudly held my sign , notice all the muggle geocoins about :) I had to elude Evil Masterminds, Turtles, Dragons, Lackeys, Loridarlin was even in the crowd :sad: Moderator coins with Googly Eye's, Signel , Sherpa's Even NOMEX made a very rare appearence to take care of the Mission Impossible Bomb !! :sad: . I was glad to make it out alive ! :huh::huh:

IMGP2076.jpg

what cool coins! nice collection of masterminds!

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

OPEN MISSION STARTS NOW:

A V2 GSA coin to the cacher who activates the most coins and drops them in a cache at least 16km (10 miles) from their home in the next 48 hours.

To qualify you must post the number of coins activated and dropped here. These coins must be activated no earlier than today and dropped at least 10 miles (16km) from your home.

GOOD LUCK.

OPEN MISSION STARTS NOW:

A V2 GSA coin to the cacher who activates the most coins and drops them in a cache at least 16km (10 miles) from their home in the next 48 hours.

To qualify you must post the number of coins activated and dropped here. These coins must be activated no earlier than today and dropped at least 10 miles (16km) from your home.

GOOD LUCK.

Oh Man! We're leaving for a camping trip tomorrow, which usually means lots of caching, but we have an event on sunday that we want to make our 1000th find, so no caching for us until then :lol:

Awesome cointest though! Get those coins out there people!

OPEN MISSION STARTS NOW:

GOOD LUCK.

Geez...wish this one was last week when I activated over 30 coins and sent them all overseas to start their journeys. Perhaps I can try to track down a couple more to put out locally.

Great mission GSA!!!

OPEN MISSION STARTS NOW:

GOOD LUCK.

I will check my supplies and get on it. I was trying to save coins for GeoCoinFest but I doubt anyone will trade away their GSA coin so I might as well try this way!

Sorry, I'm late - again, BUT , here goes . . .

fun011.jpg

fun010.jpg

Nesha331 , the other muggles and Fairyhoney.

I know that travel bug in your hands!

Yeah, My residents simply loved Nesha 331 :D ( later, I let her sit at the piano - even though she didn't play much)

Back on topic . . . I wonder if I can get my butt in gear enough to activate and turn some coins loose ;)

Edited by fairyhoney

This has been two great days :D

Yesterday, for my 30th birthday, my wife had secretly talked to friends and family and collected money for me to make my first personal coin ;) and today I recieved a GSA V2 in my mailbox :D

The first Norwegian agent is ready for service!

Thank you GSA!!!

This has been two great days :D

Yesterday, for my 30th birthday, my wife had secretly talked to friends and family and collected money for me to make my first personal coin ;) and today I recieved a GSA V2 in my mailbox :D

The first Norwegian agent is ready for service!

Thank you GSA!!!

It was your birthday yesterday?? Oh, Happy birthday my friend!!!! My best wishes!!! Your wife did something so nice and special for a present!!! WOW!

So, your first personal coin will be a special one for many reasons!!! :D

Yes, physically released. So far no winner and today is the deadline.

hmmm, I wonder if there is no more interest in missions.

I think there are several would be agents still working on this mission but still may be undercover. Several hours still left until it is tomorrow unless you set a certain time to end it today?

Do we physically have to release the coins? I have several I need to activate and I could drop them electronically for mileage purposes, but dont want to release them into the wild. Please advise.

I'm thinking if you can push the deadline out to Monday morning, you'll have plenty of completed coin drop missions. :anitongue:

Edited by ThePetersTrio

Do we physically have to release the coins? I have several I need to activate and I could drop them electronically for mileage purposes, but dont want to release them into the wild. Please advise.

I'm thinking if you can push the deadline out to Monday morning, you'll have plenty of completed coin drop missions. :laughing:

I'm sure that ThePetersTrio is right :anitongue:

Agent Wanna-B V2 with mission report:

Mission is in progress and on schedule per original instructions. An unspecified number of coins have been activated, drilled and tagged, and are ready for release today. The first small wave of coins has been dropped (with minor injury to the Agent-in-Training) and will be logged in to their initial cache at the conclusion of this report.

2696276934_099d93ddc2_o.jpg

(above) First wave of coins released.

The 2nd and final wave will be released at or around 1200 PDT today. Logging and final report to TGSA will be complete no later than 1800 PDT today. Final numbers and caches used will be revealed at that time.

Bummer. I only have one coin that I want to physically release. OH well, guess I will have to wait for the next mission.

This Agent would be willing to fulfill this mission, unfortunately time is against me. Unless the deadline can be moved forward I shall fail this mission :anitongue:

Hello GSA! :laughing:

I am sure there are plenty who would like to have at least one of your beautiful coins, and win one or more missions!

Unfortunatelly I can not try with this mission. :-( I do not have a lot of trackable coins to release, and some I really afraid to release them! I have to be honest!

Also, there are only 2 caches close to the city of Rhodes that you can actually drop coins, and the others are far away! Just because of the strange working hours I have and my brother in law has (we are a team of 3 memebers, all under my codename! Me, my sister and my brother in law, who has the GPS and he is the driver!), it is almost imposible to visit caches far away from me! And according to the big fire we have the last 2 days on the island and even villages are evacuating....I can not go to many places! :anitongue:

In case someone visited Rhodes, The forests in Agios Isidoros, Profylia, Laerma, Lardos... are on fire! The winds are very strong and there is even a possibility that the village Askleipio and Apollona will be in danger too! if you see in a map of Rhodes, you will realise how big the fire is! A big part of the middle and the southern part of the island is on fire! :-(

Laerma village is evacuated..... it is... :-(

After the huge earthquacke, now we have a huge fire.... :-(

I am sorry my friend! I hope you understand!

I really wish I could do more! Maybe in an other mission that even previous winners can participate.... :ph34r: I hope you understand!

12 coins drilled, tagged, activated, and released:

coin								ref #	   activated   released

E&Cplus3's 2008 Compass Rose AS	 TB2BR6R	 22/07/2008  GC10MCR
E&Cplus3's Tengwar AB			   TB2EQ9A	 22/07/2008  GCQNXZ
E&Cplus3's Thor's Hammer AC		 TB28WGV	 22/07/2008  GCTGQR
E&Cplus3's Tengwar AS			   TB2EQEV	 22/07/2008  GC10MCR
E&Cplus3's Cape Breton AS		   TB1J0MT	 22/07/2008  GCT0QC
E&Cplus3's Two Hemispheres		  TB22VKR	 23/07/2008  GCQNXZ
E&Cplus3's 2006 Dutch			   TB1EQCC	 23/07/2008  GC1APAJ
E&Cplus3's Thor's Hammer AG		 TB28WBH	 23/07/2008  GC1APAJ
E&Cplus3's Thor's Hammer AS		 TB28W6B	 23/07/2008  GCT0QC
E&Cplus3's Triple Dragon AS		 TB1BNZP	 23/07/2008  GCTGQR
E&Cplus3's i love geocaching BN	 TB22HQY	 23/07/2008  GC19G0M
E&Cplus3's Beaver Dude 2008		 TB2CD8F	 23/07/2008  GC19G0M

Secret Agent spy photos to follow.

I accepted the mission with hope I activated three coins and in camo I left the patch out into the world bravely, in stelth the coins have been dropped (2 in GC1C7ET) I gave all I Had but when I look at what a great Job Agent E&Cplus3 has done I must only hang my head in shame. Agent failed.

I accepted the mission with hope I activated three coins and in camo I left the patch out into the world bravely, in stelth the coins have been dropped (2 in GC1C7ET) I gave all I Had but when I look at what a great Job Agent E&Cplus3 has done I must only hang my head in shame. Agent failed.

No worries, Agent BrierPatch! 3 coins on the spur of the moment is great! Truth is, I've been planning to do this for more than a month. It took this mission to get my Secret Agent butt in gear and actually do it!

It was also a great excuse to go out and do 6 new caches. :anitongue:

Agent Wanna-B V2 with mission report:

Mission is in progress and on schedule per original instructions. An unspecified number of coins have been activated, drilled and tagged, and are ready for release today. The first small wave of coins has been dropped (with minor injury to the Agent-in-Training) and will be logged in to their initial cache at the conclusion of this report.

2696276934_099d93ddc2_o.jpg

(above) First wave of coins released.

The 2nd and final wave will be released at or around 1200 PDT today. Logging and final report to TGSA will be complete no later than 1800 PDT today. Final numbers and caches used will be revealed at that time.

YOU GO girl :anitongue:

OK, this mission will run it's course and then there will be one more with an extended period of time.

I will start the new release mission after this one ends. There may be a few different variables on the new mission so please read before you act.

The new mission will also be coin activating and dropping related. Stay Tuned.

We will be watching very carefully so we don't miss this round!

Agent Wanna-B V2 with mission report update:

Mission is in progress and on schedule per original instructions. An unspecified number of coins have been released as part of the 2nd wave.

2696164877_c1c381dcd2.jpg

(above) Cache where 2nd wave was released.

Mission status:

1. Activate coins -- Check!
  2. Drop in cache(s) 10+ miles from home -- Check!
  3. Post number of coins activated and dropped -- In Process . . .

Logging and final report to TGSA will be complete no later than 1800 PDT today. Final numbers and caches used will be revealed at that time.

Agent Wanna-B V2 with final mission report:

Mission was complete on schedule (per original instructions) at about 1230 hrs PDT, with the exception of posting the number of coins activated and dropped.

A total of 32 trackable geocoins, each with a different icon, were activated on Tuesday, July 22. Additionally, each was drilled, and some sort of tag or toy was added with metal split rings or cable key fobs. Each was given a mission (of sorts), most being very similar.

On Wednesday, July 23, they were released to two travel bug caches, the first being:

Cummings Lake T-Bug Stop (GCNVJQ) received:

1. SA Cache A Day Geocoin
  2. SA Curse of the Pirates Treasure Geocoin
  3. SA Generic Geocoin
  4. SA Red Cross Geocoin
  5. SA Team S&B Geocoin

The remaining 27 geocoins were released to Stargate P47122 TB Cache (GCV49Z) with specific instructions to travel to the following countries through the stargate:

Australia

1. SA 2007 California Micro Geocoin
  2. SA 2007 Evil Micro Geocoin
  3. SA American Cacher Geocoin
  4. SA HAM Radio Geocoin
  5. SA Hawai`i Micro Geocoin
  6. SA Loved This Cache Geocoin
  7. SA Magellan Armed Squad Geocoin
  8. SA Mailbox Geocoin
  9. SA Night Racer Geocoin
  10. SA Purple Haze Cacher Geocoin
  11. SA WSGA Puget Sound Geocoin

Japan

1. SA Australia 2007 Geocoin
  2. SA Live to Cache Geocoin
  3. SA Luminous Energy Geocoin
  4. SA Newfoundland Geocoin
  5. SA NOLEFAN9399 Geocoin

South Africa

1. SA FTF Midnight Cacher Geocoin
  2. SA Grey Owl's Beaver Lodge Geocoin
  3. SA I Love Geocaching Geocoin
  4. SA Pirate Treasure Geocoin
  5. SA Triple Dragon Geocoin

Switzerland

1. SA Caching in the Holidays Geocoin
  2. SA Dawn of the Faeries Geocoin
  3. SA Hunt Geocoin
  4. SA Seize the Day Geocoin
  5. SA Symbology Geocoin
  6. SA Team Jsam Geocoin

I was accompanied by Junior Agent Wanna-B Barkman, who was invaluable as he assisted by concealing the bag of coins in his sling, and by keeping a lookout for wayward muggles. Unfortunately, I was forced to employ a somnolence spray on one muggle who insisted on parking too close to the Gate. Fortunately, he remained unaware of our mission, and awoke and drove off a few minutes later.

2697196244_b976013a65.jpg

(Above) Unfortunate muggle.

Final Mission status:

1. Activate coins -- Check!
  2. Drop in cache(s) 10+ miles from home -- Check!
  3. Post number of coins activated and dropped -- Check!

In the final analysis, mission accomplished, awaiting further instructions.

(Edited for tense agreement.)

Edited by FluteFace
This has been two great days :laughing:

Yesterday, for my 30th birthday, ...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Congratulations to the new Agents and good luck to everyone on the upcoming mission :laughing:

... my passenger side window was bashed out and my purse was stolen. In my front yard! So my day concluded rather awfully!

Oh my goodness :laughing: Poor SCYoli. Talk about a brazen thief.

Edited by TokyoBlossom

The coin release missions are a great idea, but to be honest, I have lost the last two coins that I released right out of the first cache :laughing: I love to have my coins released and let them travel, but I cannot afford sponsoring someones collection with my coins right now. I have decided not to release any coins until one of them reappears... sad, but true :laughing: Even more as I already have some coins that I wanted to release soon, they are already activated and were waiting in my caching bag for the right moment. They will stay there a little bit longer now :laughing:

Thanks again GSA for your generosity and for this missions, it is always fun to read, even if I don't play!

:laughing:Wow, what a great thread to have found! I eagerly await the next mission so my little team of Secret Agents can participate. Congratulations to all of the winners so far and Thanks to all that pumped up the count for trackables out in the wild. We are just getting started and have been purchasing a few at a time; I can't imagine what it took to get 32 of them ready at once and delivered to various caches. From the entire team; THANKS FOR INVESTING IN GEOCACHING! Edited by sharom12