The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Congratulations to all new Secret Agents!!! It was fun to read the missions that I missed during my holidays! B)

I have to tell a story, too... :D

I am not sure if I did the right thing, but I opened the little package that I received the day before my holidays.... the one that had written "Happy Birthday" on it (and nothing more). I am still not sure if this was for my real birthday (which is in September :D ) or for my "Geocacher Birthday" which was two weeks ago (a few days before I received the mysterious bubble mailer).

So today when I came back from my holidays I was just too curious to wait any longer. I had a few clues who sent this surprise when I inspected the mailer carefully, although there was no real hint on it :D And when I opened the package I knew that I was right :D:D

Inside I found a silver GSA V2 coin :D:D and two non-trackable coins from my wantlist :D

I still can't believe it! Thanks so much, GSA!!!! :D:D:D I hope I did the right thing with opening the package yet... :D

Thank you again!!! :huh::):D

Geocoin Secret Agent - I hope all is well with you, I am standing by for mission #9, it was due yesterday, I hope you haven't been taken prisoner.

Agents be sure to check in on the hour every hour, GSA may be needing our assistance.

Sorry about the delay. The KGB had me on the run for a short bit.

MISSION # 9: This mission requires the use of a digital camera. Please post here (The first 3 cachers to post win). Post a picture of yourself (tomorrow - July 8 2008) in a public place, with muggles around, holding a sign that announces you are a geocacher. The sign MUST have the date 7-8-08 on it to be a valid mission photo. Good luck Agents. Remember, the first 3 posted here are the winners of a V2 GSA geocoin.

"Yes, These can be taken just after midnight, however remember the criteria"

I will personally monitor this mission and disqualify any posts that do not meet the criteria.

EDIT: Those who have already completed a mission please do not compete.

Edited by The Geocoin Secret Agent

Geocoin Secret Agent - I hope all is well with you, I am standing by for mission #9, it was due yesterday, I hope you haven't been taken prisoner.

Agents be sure to check in on the hour every hour, GSA may be needing our assistance.

MISSION # 9: This mission requires the use of a digital camera. Please post here (The first 3 cachers to post win). Post a picture of yourself (tomorrow - July 8 2008) in a public place, with muggles around, holding a sign that announces you are a geocacher. The sign MUST have the date 7-8-08 on it to be a valid mission photo. Good luck Agents. Remember, the first 3 posted here are the winners of a V2 GSA geocoin.

I will personally monitor this mission and disqualify any posts that do not meet the criteria.

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :(

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :(

If someone feels they need to cheat, let them. However if found out, the coin will be locked.

How's that for fair?

If someone feels they need to cheat, let them. However if found out, the coin will be locked.

How's that for fair?

Ummmm midnight where?

I will be looking forward to seeing the photos. Will you reveal your identity or be incognito? LOL

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :)

How's that for fair?

:D Sound pretty fair to me!

Approximately how much muggles is enough to qualify as a public place?

Obviously with the number of emails this is confusing some. MODIFIED MISSION: I will conduct multiple missions with this same objective listed above however I will break it down to time zones:

MISSION 9 A: This mission is the same as MISSION # 9 listed above. It will be limited to cachers in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones. Since there will be multiple missions I will only send out one V2 per sub-mission. This mission starts tonight at midnight Mountain Time. tomorrow I will start Mission 9 B.

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :)

How's that for fair?

Ummmm midnight where?

I will be looking forward to seeing the photos. Will you reveal your identity or be incognito? LOL

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :D

How's that for fair?

B) Sound pretty fair to me!

Obviously with the number of emails this is confusing some. MODIFIED MISSION: I will conduct multiple missions with this same objective listed above however I will break it down to time zones:

MISSION 9 A: This mission is the same as MISSION # 9 listed above. It will be limited to cachers in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones. Since there will be multiple missions I will only send out one V2 per sub-mission. This mission starts tonight at midnight Mountain Time. tomorrow I will start Mission 9 B.

This is better however you havent answered my question. :( Approximately how much muggles is enough to qualify as a public place?

How's that for fair?

Ummmm midnight where?

Can those of us experiencing tomorrow later than others go ahead and hack the date on the image ? :D

How's that for fair?

B) Sound pretty fair to me!

This is better however you havent answered my question. :( Approximately how much muggles is enough to qualify as a public place?

More than one

More than one

Do conjoined siamese twins count singly or doubly? :(

I think you also need to rule out "muggles" that are staged friends of the poster, as compared with honest muggles found in public spaces such as malls, restaurants, etc.

More than one

Do conjoined siamese twins count singly or doubly? :(

I think you also need to rule out "muggles" that are staged friends of the poster, as compared with honest muggles found in public spaces such as malls, restaurants, etc.

Very nice touch Mr. Flye. Correct, follow Mr. Flye's advice.

:D What guarantees to we have as GSAs-in-training that we will not be detained or compromised by exposing ourselves publicly? :)B)B)B)

Ummmm midnight where?

B) What guarantees to we have as GSAs-in-training that we will not be detained or compromised by exposing ourselves publicly? :(B)B)B)

That's why I asked if the future GSAs will be incognito! :):D But I really hope NOT to see the photos of anybody exposing themselves... B)

exposing ourselves publicly? B):(B):D

B):):DB)

:D

LOL...

er...exposing ourselves as geocachers/GSAs-in-training publicly...

Dang. B)

Well as soon as i figure out the time difference I'll decided if I can participate....pacific time "I believe is a 3 hour difference from me so that would be 3 in the morning....umm "I don't think so". Can't wait to see the pictures, nevertheless! :D

It took a while to convince my dad to go out to a supermarket that is nearly across the street from where we live and take a picture of me there at 11 pm Mountain Time but I finally did. When I got there I was surprised to see that there were not too little people less than an hour before closing time. While taking the picture a few people eyed me and my sign probably thinking that I was a little crazy. Oh well... anything for a GSA coin!

gsaPhoto-1.jpg

Edit: put a link to a smaller resolution photo by accident

Edited by dimkasmir

It took a while to convince my dad to go out to a supermarket that is nearly across the street from where we live and take a picture of me there at 11 pm Mountain Time but I finally did. When I got there I was surprised to see that there were not too little people less than an hour before closing time. While taking the picture a few people eyed me and my sign probably thinking that I was a little crazy. Oh well... anything for a GSA coin!

gsaPhoto-1.jpg

Edit: put a link to a smaller resolution photo by accident

Oh, THAT's Good :) , If I were a 2nd edition agent, I'd definitely select You as my co agent! Wow, and it is only midnight Plus 29 minutes! It is dark where I am from No markets nearby, just my animals and Me in my jammies.

Hey, You are that young cacher who designed a coin, aren't you :(

Fairyhoney

Well I forgot to write the date on the sign, and the pics aren't me ( I hate getting photographed). However the first photo is of my wife (momiji) and daughter (kusakids) (with a dog (Geo!)) getting booted out of starbucks (she was trying to lock the door). The second photo is of my daughter (and the dog) taken while waiting. The second was taken a bit before midnight, the first was taken at midnight.

b2823623-dd65-446a-8ee5-cb09478c8b39.jpg

54d07603-84fc-4b41-afd3-0c297962f678.jpg

OK, now this is really getting confusing, now that I go back and reread all of the posts about this mission. We didn't even get off work until midnight Mountain time, and the pictures were taken at midight Pacific time, which is 3am our time, and there aren't many muggles out at 3am our time, so Capt Howdy's and my photos probably don't even count now do they?

I was hoping someone would post of a pic of them in a biker bar type place holding up the sign. Those would be some funny looks. You might not make it out alive though.

That would be fun...I was going to go down to our world famous Calgary Stampede (The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth) for the fireworks at midnight but I was worried about all those cowboys kickin' the %^$# outta me (plus it's way past my bedtime)

I selected 2 photographs to award a V2 coin. I did notice there was photos from the Central Time Zone and one from the Eastern Time Zone. Not yet agents to be, your turn is coming soon.

The winners have been notified via email and may post here if they wish.

MISSION 9 B: This mission is open ONLY to those cacher in the CENTRAL TIME ZONE. One post per caching family please. Please keep your photographs limited to no larger than 640 x 640 pixels.

Starting now and ending midnight tonight CST. Post a picture of yourself in a public place with at least 2 non-cachers in the photograph. Hold a sign that indicates you are a geocacher with today's date. The photograph has to be clear enough to read the information on the sign. A small group of agents will review the photos and select a winner. The criteria is simple: Announce you are a cacher and be creative. The more outragous the photo the better your chances. To the selected winner: A V2 trackable GSA coin.

Please no previous winners.

This is the mission if you choose to accept it.