The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

When i remember the feeling, as i made my first Cache, it was indescribably.

The First Coin, i found, or the first Coin i got from the Shop. The first Mystery Coin i got.....

The persons i meet, since i´m a Geocacher.

The adrenalin at the time, i made the first Nano on the middle of a roundabout traffic.

The first Cache on a tree without a protection (well it was the wrong tree) (-:

The locations i made, since i´m caching.

The money i spend for Coins )-:

O.K. here we go:

"The fearless Geocoin Secret Agent" says:

What have you done, to get a Point?!

Edited by matlock75

If you were a mystery coin, what would you be?

If you had the money right now, to make a coin and give it away (not sell it), What these coins would look like, what size, what shape and how you would give it away? In case of a cointest with many winners, what cointest would that be?

I think Both of these are great ideas. That way, we can learn more about our fellow coiners and see where their heart and mind are:D

MISSION # 3 has been completed. Posted by nashuan: How about the best story about ALMOST being caught by a muggle while caching and how you stealthily eluded detection?

MISSION # 4: Starts NOW !

Post in 300 words or less YOUR best story (Real Life Experience) when you were ALMOST caught by a muggle while geocaching and how you used your brains or stealth powers to avoid being caught.

The Agent Group will read these and pick their favorite within 48 hours.

Let the game begin.

Edited by The Geocoin Secret Agent

I was looking for a cache in a small clearing with tall grass and some bushes scattered throughout, the cache being located at the base of one of the bushes. Some hikers happened by, saw me looking and asked me if I'd lost something and needed help finding it. I told them I'd been out in the field and dropped my keys while taking something out of my pocket. They actually came out and helped me look for my keys!

I felt pretty guilty that they'd come out to help, so actually dropped my keys pretty quickly and then claimed I found them. Thanked them for their help and they were on their way. I made the find and headed back to the car... where I found that I had actually dropped my car key when I faked dropping them! The ring part on our car key is broken and so is not connected to the key chain. It must have fallen when I pulled out the key chain!

While looking for the key, some other hikers happened by, asked if I had lost something when they saw I was looking for something... Doh! But the cache location remained a secret :)

We just did a cache in a town over from us, last weekend. Wouldnt you know it, it was a cache that was placed at a popular swimming beach. The beach was filled with people and kids swimming, we thought how in the world are we going to be able to get this cache, well we put our thinking caps on and went for the go, and hoping be FTF of course, Well we went in and only had a clue and sat down in a spot where the gps was pointing us from the van. Luckyly the cordinates were right on. We sat down by the dock and sat there just talking back and forth and with me having long arms and my wife doesnt i reached under and got the cache and placed it in my lap sitting indian style. Just popped off the cover signed it, found out we were not FTF, two other people got it before us, we wondered if they did the same we did, placed the cache away and got up like we were just sitting there with our feet over the edge cooling off our feet. If you put you mind into anything you really want to get you will be able to accomplish anything.

Thank you Geocoin Secret Agnet for letting us share our stories to you.

sweetlife

There's been a few times where I've been looking for a cache and then someone notices me and then watches my every move from then on. Both times it happened it's been in a public place. One time I just put the GPS up to my ear and acted like it was a cell phone and I'm looking for better reception. The second time just recently, I acted like my GPS was one of those hand held video games and pretended to be playing a game. I got into too. Started moving left and right like I was really into the game. And I'm happy to report that I didn't get caught either time. :)

Congrats to those who won a coin. These coins are pretty cool and I hope I get the chance to see one some day.

There's been a few times where I've been looking for a cache and then someone notices me and then watches my every move from then on. Both times it happened it's been in a public place. One time I just put the GPS up to my ear and acted like it was a cell phone and I'm looking for better reception. The second time just recently, I acted like my GPS was one of those hand held video games and pretended to be playing a game. I got into too. Started moving left and right like I was really into the game. And I'm happy to report that I didn't get caught either time. :)

Congrats to those who won a coin. These coins are pretty cool and I hope I get the chance to see one some day.

You Know Rifleman81, while reading what you wrote I had to lauph out loud, I have done both of these scenarios. So has my wife, when I have been on a long hike and she couldnt go along and she has had to do it as far as talking on the walkie talkieand bring it up to her ear talking like it is a cellphone and talk out loud like she was talking to someone. Otherwise she gets weird looks, While sitting back at the vehicle. This is to funny, that we have done this also. Great minds think alike.

sweetlife

We were looking for a cache in a popular rock climbing spot. As we were looking, a couple came to do some climbing right near us. We just continued to massage the rocks, looking here and there. One of the two that was above me on the rock asked what we were up to, I explained to which he says, "oh is this it? I just moved it because it was sitting in a handhold".

I guess that's not ALMOST caught. :)

Edited by rgbgal

Myself and 2 others were finishing up a huge multi-cache about midnight one night. The final led us to a drainage area (rock pile) off a parking lot for a 24 hour convenience store. The establishment was PACKED at the midnight hour.

We arrived, surveyed the area and waited for our chance. Finally the muggle traffic in the immediate area of the rock pile subsided a little and I was designated as the "agent" to make the find so I snuck in for the search. As I approached the area I knew I was being watched by folks, so I just shook my head as if to be disgusted/upset about something. Once at the area, I went to climbing over rocks, flipping them over and looking all around, paying no attention to the muggles.

Sure enough, within 10 minutes of my search I heard - "Hey buddy, whatcha lookin' for?" and I just grinned as I began my reply, the conversation went like this:

Me: "Oh, just looking for my keys."

Muggle: "Your keys? Down there?"

Me: "Yeah, guess I learned a good lesson though."

Muggle: "What would that be?"

Me: "Don't make your girlfriend mad!"

Muggle: "Oh man, I can surely feel your pain - you want some help? My buddy's got REAL good eyesight!"

Me: "Thanks, but no. I got myself into this, guess I better get myself out."

Muggle: "OK, good luck. Dont irritate your girl no more."

By this time, I had found the cache, so as soon as he turned, I grabbed it and dashed for the truck. We signed the log, waited for another moment of very little muggle activity and I raced back out and replaced the cache.

No one ever knew exactly what we were doing... :)

Mission #4

I'm not sure if this will even come close to what you are looking for but it is a true caching story and one that i hope will benefit other cachers...

When I can't get out to the trails to cache, I find a park within the city to cache in. One day last fall I was having a great fall caching day. I met some other people on the trail and noted that they just did not look 'the outdoorsy' type, meaning they did not fit in. After a while, I finished caching and was heading for the parking lot when I noted these two same gentleman again, sitting in their vehicles. I just did not like the look of them, so I waited in my van until they left. As I was leaving, I decided to stop for one more cache on the way out so I parked the van at the lot closer to the main road and got out. I was happily searching and suddenly looked up to see one of the 'gentleman' coming down the path towards me. Now, I was not 'dressed up' having my trail gear on, back pack and GPS. He came towards me and said "What are you doing?" and I said "Oh just looking around the trees, (Not a smart response but I was freaked out) what are you doing?" And he said, "Just looking for some fun!!!!!!!" I said nothing but started right past him and towards my van and it was just then that I saw the second 'gentleman' coming up the path! I quickly got myself and into the van and out of there!

Again this story probably is not about a "Muggle" but closer to a "Mugger" and if I hadn't observed these two previously and been on my guard....

When it comes to muggles I don't believe I have ever been "caught". I believe that geocaching is a sport that should be shared by all. Many people have no idea what it is so whenever I have the chance I talk about it and try to get others involved! When I go caching muggles are normally everywhere! Most of the time they don't even pay attention to me but occasionally we get that all too well known glance. When this happens, I seize the oppertunity! I introduce myself and explain what I am doing. Many people that I speak to are interested in joining our hobby and never even knew there was such a thing! So next time your out caching instead of being sneaky try to introduce yourself. Who knows how many undiscovered cachers are out there!

One of the first puzzle caches that we ever solved was not to far from our house. The cache is hidden in a rock face right near the shore of a river. So the whole PengoClan went out to find it. All three of us were looking between the crevasses of the rocks. Since we were new to caching we weren't being too stealthy. We were just so excited to find the cache. A boy was biking by on the street above the rock face and stopped to watch us for a while. He then asked what we were looking for. I blurted out the first answer that came to mind and said we were looking for snakes. We had already seen one so seemed like a great answer to me. Forgetting that it was a boy asking he got all excited and asked if he could help us. PengoDaddy gives me a tap on the back and whispers to me way to go....you know...boys like snakes and stuff like that. What was I suppose to do now? The boy didn't stick around too long, thankfully and we resumed the search for the cache and found it. It was our 15th cache find as geocachers. :):D

As I already posted one, this is just because. When caching with mightyzinn and we need to distract muggles quickly, we simply have him go out and dance around for people. That kid sure loves to sing and shake his bottom. Its pretty effective to send him out and have him start pointing, yelling and jumping up and down like he sees something in the sky in the opposite direction. Heck, if I mention that we're going to get busted, he usually starts running around in circles like a chicken who has misplaced his head, which in itself is enough to distract anyone long enough to save the cache :)

Of course, after making a find, he always wants to share the knowledge of the cache with *every* muggle possible :D

LordYatchman and I went to find a cache in a park that was part of a series. The gps told us that GZ was a small deck overlooking the river. The problem was that a family of three were there fishing. We tried to wait them out and then finally decided to go for it. They of course asked us what we were doing after watching us look at the deck very intently for a few minutes. I told them we were going to be building a deck and were looking over this deck’s construction. We made it very convincing. I walked over to the edge watching the gps and said its 27 feet and then described the type of wood and staining. Then looked under the benches for the bolting method all the while talking to Tom about the deck. This also allowed me to go under the deck and inspect the joists where I finally found the cache. I had some paper so I took notes on it too! :) As we walked away they told us “good luck with your deck.” We thanked them and then on to the next cache. The deck was actually constructed very well!!! :D:D

LordYatchman and I went to find a cache in a park that was part of a series. The gps told us that GZ was a small deck overlooking the river. The problem was that a family of three were there fishing. We tried to wait them out and then finally decided to go for it. They of course asked us what we were doing after watching us look at the deck very intently for a few minutes. I told them we were going to be building a deck and were looking over this deck's construction. We made it very convincing. I walked over to the edge watching the gps and said its 27 feet and then described the type of wood and staining. Then looked under the benches for the bolting method all the while talking to Tom about the deck. This also allowed me to go under the deck and inspect the joists where I finally found the cache. I had some paper so I took notes on it too! :) As we walked away they told us "good luck with your deck." We thanked them and then on to the next cache. The deck was actually constructed very well!!! :D:D

Too Funny, Lauphed the whole time while reading your story. I have to to tell my wife this one since I am a construction worker, she will get a big kick out of this one as much as I did.

Thanks

Barry of sweetlife

I had been to find a cache at a local park and turned away when I realized it was on the playground which was FULL of kids. A few days later I was back in the area and decided I would try again. Like before, the playground was crowded with kids and their parents all sitting on the benches looking over them.

Knowing that a grown man climbing on playground equipment would look rather strange to the parents, I had to come up with a cover to accomplish my mission. I quickly reached for my clipboard, put some misc papers on it, grabbed a tape measure and headed towards the playground.

I began my search immediately, walking around and under the equipment looking at the likely hiding spots and pretending to make notes. I spotted the cache, retrieved it, and signed the log. When I was about to return it, I was confronted by one of the Moms wanting to know exactly what I was doing. I introduced myself as Robert Price - County Playground Inspector and told her that it was my job to check all of the equipment and make sure that the nuts and bolts were not coming loose and that everything was safe. She was actually thrilled that the county had such a position and thanked me for doing my job.

She returned to her bench and I returned the cache to it's hiding spot, continued to take a few more notes and then headed on my way. Another mission accomplished! :)

Another fantastic story Creacher.

This one was kinda like this one when we were going a Flash Mob event in Appleton Wisconsin. There was a guy walking around in a orange vest and was walking around like he was taking notes, like he was a city worker, it was cool to see him and watch him from a distance, before everyone started to show up, we actually had people asking us that were not invloved in geocaching asking us what was going on and all I could think of at that monet and to have a quick answer that it was just a bunch of friend getting together and hanging out. Wonder what people in the surrounding bussiness that when we were all there and 15 minutes later no one was around. Had to lauph at your story Cheacher and reading yours we happened to think of this one, so we thought we would share it with you all. Altho we already wrote one here is another one anyways.

sweetlife

MISSION # 3 has been completed. Posted by nashuan: How about the best story about ALMOST being caught by a muggle while caching and how you stealthily eluded detection?

MISSION # 4: Starts NOW !

Post in 300 words or less YOUR best story (Real Life Experience) when you were ALMOST caught by a muggle while geocaching and how you used your brains or stealth powers to avoid being caught.

The Agent Group will read these and pick their favorite within 48 hours.

Let the game begin.

It's just amazing to me how this thread was hijacked, redirected, reposted, talking about everything OTHER that what the thread is about. Nice Job guys!

~J

PS - Paula had nothing to do with my posting this comment. :D

Sure looks to me that the posts are exactly what the GSA asked for and since he is the OP everyone IS doing a nice job keeping to what he wants. :):D:D:D

It's just amazing to me how this thread was hijacked, redirected, reposted, talking about everything OTHER that what the thread is about. Nice Job guys!

~J

PS - Paula had nothing to do with my posting this comment. :D

I agree with LadyBee4T... GSA was OP and this is a cointest of sorts started by GSA for a GSA coin :)

Unless... CinemaBoxers is stealthy like making a find right now while we're all wondering what we've done wrong... this all being a stealthy distraction!!! :D:D:D

~J

PS - Paula had nothing to do with my posting this comment. :)

I agree with LadyBee4T... GSA was OP and this is a cointest of sorts started by GSA for a GSA coin :D

Unless... CinemaBoxers is stealthy like making a find right now while we're all wondering what we've done wrong... this all being a stealthy distraction!!! :D:DB)

After writing a couple comment on a couple of storeies people posted, we thought that this was geared towards me, altho I dont see what I may have done something wrong here. :D

Barry of sweetlife

~J

and that's a concern why????

Seems to me the OP is okay with the direction the thread is taking..

~J

Looks like all the posts are on topic......... With the exception of yours........

~J

Ignore this post. This person has nothing to do with this coin or this thread. Actually I am not sure why he feels he has any investment in this and honestly do not care.

Please continue with the mission.

Funny this topic was chosen, since I almost had a muggle encounter yesterday while I was out placing some new caches along a greenway. I came across a small bridge that was perfect for a cache, so I put down by backpack (with two ammocans inside) and crawled under the bridge. As I was trying to find a good spot to stick one of my caches I heard faint footsteps getting closer above me. Now I considered just being quiet and staying under the bridge, but then I realized that my backpack was still sitting in the open at the foot of the bridge! I could only imagine the looks on their faces if they opened it up to find it stuffed with ammocans! Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an small old electrical box laying in the dry creekbed. Perfect, there's my excuse! I darted out from under the bridge, grabbed the electrical box, started brushing off the dirt, and walked towards my backpack. As it turns out, the footsteps I heard were from two homeless people on their way to the shelter - so they didn't think anything about someone scrounging for stuff in the woods. As soon as they were out of sight I went back to placing the cache, and found a spot quickly for it. Ok so the hard part was done, or so I thought. I still needed to get coords for the cache, but that can't be too difficult, right? Well as I was standing at the end of the bridge trying to average out my coords, a policeman on a bicycle came speeding over the brigde and gave me quite a startle. He must have thought I was crazy, just haning around there walking in circles staring at something in my hand. Luckily he didn't seem to think that was too unusual either, and just went about his business. Further down the greenway I'd have another close call with him though. Well, that's my story. Thanks so much Geocoin Secret Agent for making these new versions, you're very generous! Agent #063 is still here and always ready for new missions!

Once I tried using the old 'tie the shoe' thing while looking for a micro on the ground... that worked well until mightyzinn was kind enough to, quite loudly, point out that my shoes don't actually have laces...

My son rocks :)

lol...kids say the funniest things at the wrong time..

Well, my story is not that long a story, because it can be told easily.

It was a cache calles Ice Age that I was looking for, it was placed on a driving circle, where cars are going around while heading for the right exit. There was no way to get there without beeing seen, that`s why I decided to put on my warning west and pretend to be doing some cleaning over there. Unfortunately the cache had been stolen, that`s why I didn`t find the cache. But it sure has been fun and a dangerous thing to do...

Tschakko

Just the weekend before last I made the trek to The Womanly Caucasional Roots of Bull Creek ( http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a-e89442dc04bc) to replace a cache that dissapeared.

Along the 1.5 mile hike we ran into another hiker and he asked if I knew how much farther it was...I looked at my GPS and I told him "About 534 feet as a bird flys" and we kept walkin. When I got to Addys grave I began looking for a new spot and guess who stroles up the hill and decides to not only of all things TALK to us, but sit next to Sweetpea and carry on a conversation for days on end!!! I said screw it and made my way to the new location.

Now Sweetpea hates placin caches with me cause I take so long at the GZ, so she just sat there- I was gone for about 30 minutes or so and left her and Emerald talkin with this old fella. I placed the cache (Emmagems first find) did all the stuff I do at a new location and headed back.

When I arrived at Sweetpea and the old guy, He asked "What were ya doin?...Buildin a fort?" :D I said Nope and explained what I was up to.

When we left we headed to another newer cache and just so happened to be in the Campground th eolder guy was stayin in...The cache was 2 sites from his!!! Turns out, he actually found it and dug through the cache earlier that day!!!- He didnt take it, so he was a good muggle! :)

O.K. that´s really hard for me. My english isn´t the best one, so it could be a little bit confused (-:

A Cacher friend of mine and me did some Caches one day in 2007. The Cache was under a bench. Under this Bench was a Micro hidden. I took the Micro in a short moment, the Muggel didn´t see to us. Then i took the blotting pad from my pal. He tok the Logbook also the Microcan. We made some feet to the little stream. Then the Muggel come to us and asked: "What are you doing here". (It was a really oversleep place). So he told him, that we´re from a official group, who have to find out, if there some fishes in it. Also where the wellspring is. And i tell you, there aren´t fishes in it! The man looks to me, than to him and back to me. And he sayd: "Ahaaaa"! And i told him, yes man, it´s really important to us. We wanna put some fishes in it, and make a breeding over here. He looks to me, to the guy and sayd: "What? You wanna make breeding here? Really"! Yes, sure! Why not. He told us, you can´t do this! We told him, that we´re very desperate to do this. My friend said really much thinks, i didn´t understand. I´m sure, the Muggel can´t too! I sayd some thinks to the muggel, so the pal of me, could put the Can in the back of the muggel back under the bench again.

Hey man, i tell you, it was so funny, but i can´t laugh at this moment. The Muggel was so confused, that he debunked our plan by sure. But so, i think he didn´t. Yes, i´m sure, he didn´t! This was the jolliest thing that ever happend up to this moment.

That´s my story (-:

Matlock75

Edited by matlock75

~J

and that's a concern why????

Seems to me the OP is okay with the direction the thread is taking..

It seems that since it IS his/her coin(per say) that they should be able to make a cointest out of it. MAYBE they want ot get to know us in a coiness way :D ?

And WELCOME back, Tschakko :D

Another funny incident came to mind. There was another puzzle cache which I solved, and it was our very first FTF. The cache is now archived GCVD2N, Plaques d'Immatriculation du Québec. I was very excited to have solved it since it had been sitting there for a couple of weeks. I decided to go on my lunch hour to attempt the FTF. Found the location but it was out of reach (up in a tree). I was not about to leave without signing that log book so I started to climb the tree. (For some reason climbing trees was much easier when I was a kid). Being in work clothes it looked a bit out of place and then I realized that a couple of people were watching me. I got distracted with them watching and I fell out of the tree. (wasn't too high) I started to talk to myself and yell a bit. The two people didn't quite know what to make of me and left pretty fast. But I got the FTF!!! I didn't really mind if they thought I was a bit nuts. :D:)

Hello to all! I am back home and ready for action! Congrats to the 3rd winner! :D

Oh..it seems that I missed something? Well, SGA said to ignare so... :)

Hmm... I am very careful when I am going for geocaching! If I am with my father and his motorbike and there are muggles close to the cache, well....something happens to my father's bike and he must fix it!!! :D In that way, we can wait until they are all gone! B)

Of course, sometimes I have some unexpected visits while I am geocaching but...

Story No1:

I was out to find a cache! I am mostly a winter geocacher, just becasue during summer is very hot and the majority of the jobs here are seasonal (summer jobs!) It was close to my house, in Monte smith!

At first I believed that the cache (a micro) was on the ground, according to old photos too! (It is not in the ground now!)! As you can imagine I was searching between flowers...when I heard a voice saying.."What are you doing here?" I was freezed! The place has antennas and satelite plates, where the whole island takes the signal for TV Channels!

I turned and look at him! He was a guy who was repairing the antennas! There was no car there, I looked and was nobody around, but he was inside a tiny rook under an antenna and he was working! You couldn't see him!

anyway...I smiled at him and simply said... I am looking for snails!

-Here? You are looking for snails here?

- Yes! there are snails here!

- but it is dirty!!!

(well...it was not very clean, he was right, but..)

- Dirty? Why iti s dirty? Snails eat only grass!!!

Well...I do not know what he thought about me, but he left saying...I hope you will not eat them!!!

EAT THEM???? :D

I didn't find the cache that day! It was one of my DNF of that cache that I admitt...I didn't log! :D

The funny thing? If you go there, you might find snails! No kiding!!!! B)

My next story was when I was a muggle!!! :) I was playin some Disc golf and wa sat the hole just below my cache. I was gettin ready to throw when I see some fella's talkin to my buddies. I hear somethin like " mumble mumble, Geocache, its just up here"

I look to see and there stood 2 fellas lookin at their GPS, I had never met another cacher before that point and by th epics I checked of the locals I yelled to him "CAPTN'KEN!!!!" He looked at me funny like "Huh" :D and I told him he was in search of My Cache!!!

We talked for quite awhile and he invited me to lunch with him...He was the first cacher I had ever met and it was a true pleasure to actually meet a real life cacher on the trail!!! :D Since we have talked many times at events...I havent seen him for awhile!!! :D

He sure was outgoing to us Muggles!!! :D

Well, my story is not that long a story, because it can be told easily.

It was a cache calles Ice Age that I was looking for, it was placed on a driving circle, where cars are going around while heading for the right exit. There was no way to get there without beeing seen, that`s why I decided to put on my warning west and pretend to be doing some cleaning over there. Unfortunately the cache had been stolen, that`s why I didn`t find the cache. But it sure has been fun and a dangerous thing to do...

Tschakko

I guess my caching backpack is under stocked with stealth items. Note to self...add safety vest, tape measure, clip board, etc :)

Story No2:

Cache in Rodini!

Just because there is a road near the cache, even if it is in a rark, there are some motorcicles or small cars passing, sometimes!

So...I was very close to get caught, almost 2 times!

What I mean?

the first time I was going with my father (Yes! He is an assistant geocacher! :) ) To drop a coin! When he was about to use the brakes and stop, we saw that there were some tourists near the cache! I didn't know if they were geocachers or not! Since I do not know what to say....hello are you geocachers?...I told my father to continue! Well...we almost fell from the motorbike! The tourists laugh, but I showed my father the road with my hand, like I was giving him directions, where to go etc! Huh! Thank God everything was ok!

An other time, I was near the cache area, actually I had just loged, and droped a coin (this is the cache in normal size that is closer to me! The others are micros, so I am dropping coins there!), when I heard a bike comming! I managed to hide the cache and put a couple of rocks, but it was still open and unhidden! You could see it! Well....I hide the site of the cache with my body, so the biker could not see the cache, and I took positios like I was peeing! (Sorry ladies! I hope you will forgive me)! well...you know!!! The biker turned and looked my back, said something that I didn;t heard and left! Oh boy!!!!

My next story was when I was a muggle!!! B) I was playin some Disc golf and wa sat the hole just below my cache. I was gettin ready to throw when I see some fella's talkin to my buddies. I hear somethin like " mumble mumble, Geocache, its just up here"

I look to see and there stood 2 fellas lookin at their GPS, I had never met another cacher before that point and by th epics I checked of the locals I yelled to him "CAPTN'KEN!!!!" He looked at me funny like "Huh" :D and I told him he was in search of My Cache!!!

We talked for quite awhile and he invited me to lunch with him...He was the first cacher I had ever met and it was a true pleasure to actually meet a real life cacher on the trail!!! :) Since we have talked many times at events...I havent seen him for awhile!!! ;)

He sure was outgoing to us Muggles!!! :)

;):D Hello David my friend! well...This story reminds me when I had to put a new cache container (micro), in Enidreio (aquarium) in Rhodes!! The owner asked me to do this because the old one was missing! I went with my father, but there were many muggles there! As I posted, my father's bike had to be "fixed" once again!!! when they were all gone, I tried to go to the cache, but I saw a couple comming! I stayed near my father looking worried of what happent to the cache! My father was checking and rechecking the breaks, the engine..... :D

The couple stood for a while, and where looking us! after about 5 minutes, the man said something to the woman, and the left! Once again I tried to reach the cache but other muggles were comming! Oh boy!!!!

When the area was about to get clear, the couple came back!!! the sat near the cache and were looking us!! I felt a little strange, but.... I didn't know what to say to them! If I was leaving without putting the cache, if they were geocachers they would had a DNF!!!

This time they stayed for some time, and then they left! I saw them leaving and after some meters they were turning to see if we were leaving! when they were gone, I managed to put the cache!

After that...a mirracle happent! my father's bike was fixed!!! :DB):)

We left and after about 100 meters, we saw the couple going back to the cache area!!!

Oh boy!!! I was almost sure Ithey were geocachers now!!! We both were thinking that we were muggles!!!! :):D:(

In all honesty there has never been a case that I have been almost muggled while caching! I am too stealthy, kinda like the wind, you can hear it and sometimes smell it but you cannot see it!

I was starting to do the Tootsie pop thing to get a jump on things and I chewed it up! :)

Good luck too all!

Edited by dardevle

I had just left my shift at work and decided to grab a cache on the way home (8am). I pulled up to the area near the cache and began to look around when a couple of guys doing landscaping on a new dentist office decided to ask me what I was doing. I quickly told them that I was checking on the fire hydrant for proper flow pressure (I was still in my fire uniform). They stayed by me for several minutes asking about what landscaping they could put near the hydrant that would not interfere with it and how much ground the fire department owned near all the hydrants.

After fending off several questions, I reverted back to my geocaching persona and found the cache.

Keep up the mystery GSA.

Mr.Explorer3

I think my best moment came when I was out trying to find "As if I needed this" which is in a small local park near me. I was there for my first attempt and wasn't sure which side of the creek it was on. My caching partner and I were down in the creek trying not to end up on our rears because of slippery rocks and a local jogger stopped by to see what we were up to. He caught me off guard checking the GPS so there was no trying to hide it. I told him that we were out researching different types of mushrooms and fungus which were all over the trees that lined the creek. He seemed a bit puzzled and looked down at my garmin so I explained to him that it's a type of PDA that I kept most of my info on. He thought it was really neat, wished us luck and went on his way. I have no idea where the story came from but it just flowed out without thinking twice about it. It's funny sometimes what muggles will fall for. :)

There is an old thread about what you tell muggles if approached and are asked what you are doing. I didn't post it because it was not my own answers, but Custheyder suggested saying:

"The wife said I need to bring the kids home for a proper funeral"

"I'm searching for a digital camera my kids dropped while blackberry picking the other day"

The second one had the effect of the old chap fetching a strimmer and scyth clearing it all back for me. Cache wasn't there though. It was 10m further down ... flakey signal.

Cust.

Link to the original post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't done too many caches myself, but was out last weekend doing a string of three or four along an old railroad bed. Whenever I go out though, I always bring a camera and tripod. When I'm really close to ground zero, I drop my stuff, but will often set the tripod up with the camera at the ready. I did this last Saturday and suddenly heard a family biking their way down the path. The cache was located about 25 feet off the trail and I'm walking around with and looking into this "thing" in my hand. As it turned out, they didn't stop, or even glance over, but it came to me since it looked like I was all set up to take a photo of a tree or something that I could simply have made off like I was using a light meter to fine tune my photo.

I'm probably going to have to retire this not yet used excuse though as more and more people aren't going to know what a light meter is and this "odd gadget in the guy's hand" might actually peak a little curiousity rather than camoflage the situation. I've always liked the cell phone with bad reception trick, but now that phones are getting smaller and smaller, even that excuse will start to wear thin.

Thanks GSA, I've been so glad to see you back :ph34r:

:D Congrats to everybody who has completed the mission and get his award. :D

I want to tell our story, you know we have a dog Error, he goes almost evertime with us cache.

So when we are seeking for the cache and there show some mugglers by the cache.

We yell evertime..... Error were is your tennis-ball, daarn dog where have you leave your ball.

Error looks always very suprised... how do you mean tennis-ball... i had no tennis-ball.

But the Mugglers look ... oke i understand now why those people are standing in the bushes.

and walk by.

poefffff... that went well... so far :lol:

:( Thanks The Secret Geocaching Agent for making me and other coiners so very very happy :ph34r:

Oooh, where have I been all the time??? I completely missed that there were missions going on here :ph34r: I have to keep my eyes open here...!

Congratulations to all winners of the recent missions, and to Geo.Error for her new Coin!!!

I just looked at this thread, too! Wow, I've been missing out on a lot of fun. Congrats to all who have received this coin!