The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

This is SOOOO cool!!

I'm sitting at the 'puter, planning an excursion into the ONF to introduce a friend and his son to geocaching when: ~BING~ "You've got mail"... open the geocaching notice about someone finding one of my caches... Railroad Bridge to NoWhere...ho-hum...

and then!!! there it was: my cache had been found by none other than the GeocoinSecretAgent him/herSelf!!! Well, now... our forest excursion now definitely has got to have a new leg! yeah, the cache needs maintenance that's it... It is SOOO hard to wait until AFTER church to head out...finally lunch is over and off we go: hammer out a couple quick finds on the paved roads then it's off into the depths of the ONF on a Super Sandy Sunday... goin' where only a 4WD would dare go. No trouble with finding the cache. It's in good shape... not been visited by a bear... hmmmm this is odd: absolutely NO footprints to be found... but open the cache: there it is: the INFAMOUS GSA GeoCoin... let's see... should I leave it for the next uber-lucky cacher... yeah right! I AM the next uber-lucky cacher. Pocket the treasure after snapping a couple quick photos. Head to the homefront and share the coolest coin with all the derschlings. Thanks GSA for visiting our neck of the woods! If you EVER need anything, just holler! I'd love to be the next GSAIT (GeocoinSecretAgentInTraining).

5a339af2-757f-4946-8d72-4c2d911829e9.jpg4e6b4414-5a99-419d-a043-5e966ae2b19a.jpg

On the way to south Texas and saw a person with a hat pulled down sitting on the side of the road. Went past then thought I would be a Good Samaritan and go back and see if the driver needed any help. Just as the car comes within site I see a black trench coat flying out behind the guy as he runs towards the car, jumps in and peels away just as I pull up and stop.

Had to wonder what he was doing, relieving himself, hiding a body, or was he a spy making a drop for one of those secret services.

What to do, I look around and no one is in site, I jump out and start looking around but don't see anything. Start to dial 911 then think I might better phone someone and see if anything had been on the news.

Called Fox-and-the-Hound and asked and he said no news but what are your coords? Coords? I hadn't even thought about that, gave him coords and he said, Mom, there is a cache 30' away, you may have seen The Geocaching Secret Agent. I got the coords and oh my, there is a large container right where he said, opened it slowly and there on the top was a Secret Agent GeoCoin. I looked left and right and there was no one around, so I quickly signed the logbook, which was underneath. Oh, I forgot to mention, my son Chris aka Fox-and-the-Hound will be deaf in one ear for a while as the shriek I yelled was quite unexpected. :huh: Just feel so lucky to have been in the right place at the right time...Thank you GSA B)B)B)B)B)

Now my car will always stop to investigate....Had to show pic in cartoon style to camo the identy :D

secretagentcartoon.jpg

This is SOOOO cool!!

I'm sitting at the 'puter, planning an excursion into the ONF to introduce a friend and his son to geocaching when: ~BING~ "You've got mail"... open the geocaching notice about someone finding one of my caches... Railroad Bridge to NoWhere...ho-hum...

and then!!! there it was: my cache had been found by none other than the GeocoinSecretAgent him/herSelf!!! Well, now... our forest excursion now definitely has got to have a new leg! yeah, the cache needs maintenance that's it... It is SOOO hard to wait until AFTER church to head out...finally lunch is over and off we go: hammer out a couple quick finds on the paved roads then it's off into the depths of the ONF on a Super Sandy Sunday... goin' where only a 4WD would dare go. No trouble with finding the cache. It's in good shape... not been visited by a bear... hmmmm this is odd: absolutely NO footprints to be found... but open the cache: there it is: the INFAMOUS GSA GeoCoin... let's see... should I leave it for the next uber-lucky cacher... yeah right! I AM the next uber-lucky cacher. Pocket the treasure after snapping a couple quick photos. Head to the homefront and share the coolest coin with all the derschlings. Thanks GSA for visiting our neck of the woods! If you EVER need anything, just holler! I'd love to be the next GSAIT (GeocoinSecretAgentInTraining).

5a339af2-757f-4946-8d72-4c2d911829e9.jpg4e6b4414-5a99-419d-a043-5e966ae2b19a.jpg

Beautiful backdrop for a GSA coin find!! Good job! Congrats!

On the way to south Texas and saw a person with a hat pulled down sitting on the side of the road. Went past then thought I would be a Good Samaritan and go back and see if the driver needed any help. Just as the car comes within site I see a black trench coat flying out behind the guy as he runs towards the car, jumps in and peels away just as I pull up and stop.

Had to wonder what he was doing, relieving himself, hiding a body, or was he a spy making a drop for one of those secret services.

What to do, I look around and no one is in site, I jump out and start looking around but don't see anything. Start to dial 911 then think I might better phone someone and see if anything had been on the news.

Called Fox-and-the-Hound and asked and he said no news but what are your coords? Coords? I hadn't even thought about that, gave him coords and he said, Mom, there is a cache 30' away, you may have seen The Geocaching Secret Agent. I got the coords and oh my, there is a large container right where he said, opened it slowly and there on the top was a Secret Agent GeoCoin. I looked left and right and there was no one around, so I quickly signed the logbook, which was underneath. Oh, I forgot to mention, my son Chris aka Fox-and-the-Hound will be deaf in one ear for a while as the shriek I yelled was quite unexpected. :( Just feel so lucky to have been in the right place at the right time...Thank you GSA :huh::huh::(:blink::huh:

Now my car will always stop to investigate....Had to show pic in cartoon style to camo the identy :D

secretagentcartoon.jpg

Ohhhhh.....How cool, Frozen Buns!!! lol Congrats!!

I just wanted to say Thank You to The Geocoin Secret Agent and echo Congratulations to every lucky person in finding their own little piece of him/her.

May The Geocoin Secret Agent never grow tired or cynical and may he/she continue to brighten the days of so many!!!

I have been known to grow tired from time to time, however after my recent missions to the east and Europe I have been discussing with a good friend the possibility of making a second coin. My first coin seemed to be very popular with some cachers. This was a pleasant surprise. Of course, the more I hear from all of you the more I could be steered to making a second coin.

Edited by The Geocoin Secret Agent

I just wanted to say Thank You to The Geocoin Secret Agent and echo Congratulations to every lucky person in finding their own little piece of him/her.

May The Geocoin Secret Agent never grow tired or cynical and may he/she continue to brighten the days of so many!!!

I have been known to grow tired from time to time however after my recent missions to the east and Europe I have been discussing with a good friend the posibility of making a second coin. My first coin seemed to be very popular with some cachers. This was a pleasant surprise. Of course the more I hear from all of you the more I could be steered to making a second coin.

I love your coin and I found it during a very dark, sad time. I hope that you can continue to bring smiles to others faces as you did to mine that day!

I have been known to grow tired from time to time however after my recent missions to the east and Europe I have been discussing with a good friend the posibility of making a second coin. My first coin seemed to be very popular with some cachers. This was a pleasant surprise. Of course the more I hear from all of you the more I could be steered to making a second coin.

Our GSA coin is the top coin in our collection. How could anyone possibly not appreciate further efforts!

Hello GSA

I didn't leave you out, I merely had tons of other pressing business (make supper, watch the Red Wings....lose, bummer). I appreciate all you and every mystery coiner has done for our community, the joy you have spread with your generosity...AWESOME!!

You inspire me to try to better someone's day, you show how special this community is! I've said many times, this coin forum is like a big FAMILY! When someone is down, others come to their aid and help to bring them back up!! Who'd have thought a COIN could make a dreary day bright...and all from the generous giving of some very caring souls!

If ever you find yourself in my trenches, sneak me a message and I'd be happy to treat you to a nice meal and some relaxation (hey, maybe a cache or two...we have plenty to keep an agent as yourself happy)! It's not much, but I happily offer it, my way of saying THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU ALL!!

After a very long day at the university I had to go to my cache to check it, as some mysterious person had logged it this afternoon...

GSA_1.jpg

GSA_2.jpg

Can you believe it? Two mystery coins for ME in ONE WEEK???? :D:D:D

Thank you, GSA!

(Sorry, I had a really long day at university and I am soo tired now, I tell you the whole story later...!)

OK, I still have to tell the whole story... so here it is!

I was sitting at university, doing some experiments with little black leaf beetles and it was going to be a loooong day. I was having a cold and not feeling very well. During a little break around 3 pm I checked my e-mails and nearly fell from my chair when I saw the notification e-mail that a certain "The Geocoin Secret Agent" had visited MY cache :D !!! Wow... I had to go there and get that coin! I knew that there were at least 3 people watching my cache, but most people here don't know the GSA, so there was some hope, because I couldn't just leave :D I had to finish that experiments, no matter what was happening out there :D 5 pm... 6 pm... 7 pm... getting really tired and hungry, and of course wanted to go to my cache to get that coin!!! But still not finished... I was able to leave the lab at 7:30 pm, got the train at 8 pm. Sitting in the train, thinking "I am soo tired... want to go to bed... sooo hungry... need something to eat.... sleep... eat... hmmm.... STOP.... THE CACHE... THE COIN!!!!.... hungry... tired... COIN... need lamp... camera... have camera with me... have little keyring lamp... my own cache... should be enough to find the coin... hungry... tired... coin... :D " The cache is just a few hundred meters away from my home, and I had to make just a short detour on the way from the train station home. I parked my bike outside the park (no bikes allowed in the little park), and entered the totally dark park. Usually there are lamps, but on that evening -I don't know why- none of these lamps where switched on. I couldn't see if there were any muggles around, I could just hope that nobody sees me at the cache with my little lamp and my camera. Luckily the shutters on a nearby house were all closed already, so that they couldn't see me. I hurried to the cache as fast as I could, opened the little box, and there it was... the GSA coin :D I had a look at the logbook, but nothing. But as the coin says, "The only tracks you'll find of mine are the geocoins I leave behind" How true! Nothing there revealed that the GSA had been here the same day. Just the coin :laughing: I quickly made the two pictures, left the park, hurried home, too tired to be really happy (that came later :D ), had a small snack, a short visit here in the forum, and went to bed (and took the coin with me :D )

Now the coin is sitting here together with the Geocoin Fairy Coin, a great pair :D and a very special coin in my collection.

Thanks again, GSA!!! :D:D

I have been known to grow tired from time to time, however after my recent missions to the east and Europe I have been discussing with a good friend the possibility of making a second coin. My first coin seemed to be very popular with some cachers. This was a pleasant surprise. Of course, the more I hear from all of you the more I could be steered to making a second coin.

Well said TokyoBlossom!

GSA, you've done SO much for the geocaching community... spreading fun and excitement with your coins and your stealthy moves! With the help of some magic, I was recently able to find a different mystery coin and treasure the fun and excitement that find brought me!

When I visit the forums the first threads I read are the mystery coin ones.... I love the stories and pics from the excited recipients. So, please.... keep the fun coming!

Edited by chancerider

When I visit the forums the first threads I read are the mystery coin ones.... I love the stories and pics from the excited recipients. So, please.... keep the fun coming!

Hear, Hear!!! This is exactly what we do!! You make a lot of folks days with your coin , and they make ours by sharing their stories!!

Congrats to the latest finders! GSA, your second coin would be just as well accepted and appreciated as the first! Thanks for the many smiles you guys bring to the geocoin world! :blink:

We totally agree, finding your coin has been a highlight of our geocaching career and hearing the stories of people finding a new coin would be extremely generous on your part and make a lot of people very happy:)

A second Secret Agent coin? That would be amazing. Agent 137 has been feeling a bit lonely sandwiched between 2 Geocoin Fairies... The CreepyCrawlyCachers invited him out, but he says he can't trust them...

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

Well now, it appears a second coin just may be a necessity. Time to start planning out a new secret mission and begin recruiting agent assistants.

I just noticed this is post #777. Hmmm, I wonder who likes that number?

We LOVE that number!! lol And we would be more than willing to help with a Secret Mission!!!

Well now, it appears a second coin just may be a necessity. Time to start planning out a new secret mission and begin recruiting agent assistants.

Agent #063 is up for any challenge you can prepare! Although after the misadventures at the kayak event this past weekend, I think this agent has had enough of the H2O experience for awhile. (see GC16Y82)

I'm ready!

Found a package in the mailbox a couple of days ago with a Bering Sea return address. Inside was a GSA coin. Woohoo!

I checked with the neighbors but nobody remembered seeing anyone suspicious near the mailbox. That's not surprising though given the GSA's talents.

Thanks so much GSA.

Looking forward to seeing a v2 coin. Agent #047 reporting for duty.

Konnichi wa, GSA --

If you ever make it to Northern Japan (Honshu), let me know. I'll take you to the local infamous food spots -- "Cheese Roll", "Cow Beer", "Paddy's", etc and hit a festival if we can (always really good & interesting "carney" food at the festivals). There are some tasty treats around here!

I saw this coin in a few collections and now a second GSA coin is cool,maybe I will be lucky enough to find one as I diden't get to add the first one to my collection. :ph34r:

Happy Happy Joy Joy :ph34r::ph34r: More lucky finders!

I would love to see more and more people feel as lucky as I do.

I can't find the words to describe how wonderful the joy brought by continuing to spread The Geocoin Secret Agent geocoins all over the world will be.

We are all so grateful for The Geocoin Secret Agent's generosity and just like everyone else said, I too am ready, willing, and able to help serve in any future missions.