The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

The impossible has happened. GSA returned to Washington! And I think I may have seen him/her disappear into the movie theater. When a friend and I arrived to button up a series of caches, we spotted someone walking away from the likely cache spot. We assumed it was either a muggle or another cacher. So we hung back but followed trying to see a GPS or something to give a clue. We were given the slip at the movies, and not sure who it was, we shrugged it off and went to find the cache. Opened it up and OMG! theres a GSA coin. I'm still rather shocked by the whole thing.

Thank you GSA for a great twist on the ending of that fun cache!! Just in time for tonites event :lostsignal:

ada6bb15-fee0-4ad3-8702-82d7684bdb2a.jpg

whew! I'm outta breath!

I checked GSA drops today, and there was one down the street from my house! I jumped in my little pony, and got there as quick as I could!

I arrive at the park, and notice a lot of cars there. Was one of them a cacher beating me to the punch? Oh No! So I practically run the .20 mile to the cache. Up hill, with some standing water in places! I didn't care if my feet get wet, there is a GSA coin in the cache!

I get there and find the cache, open it....and it is there! GSA #114!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it! I have one! I left an unactivated BikeDog coin for the next folks!

GSA - Thank you so much!

Does the GSA hate Missouri? :laughing:

No, I don't think so, I believe the GSA is being low key at the moment, coin drops have been slow of late. Something big is about to happen, I can feel it :laughing:

You know what they say, "the calm before the storm"? Probably just taking a breather! Maybe GSA is waiting for His/Her chocolate rush for energy!

Edited by fairyhoney

My first post in the forums!!! And we are so thrilled to announce that we found a GSA coin! Our future CIA Agent will be thrilled to find it in his Easter Egg Hunt!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Way to go Pokey!!!

AWESOME ! and congrats. on finding a GSA coin :huh: So close to Wheeling if I had the day off I probaly would have headed to Pittsbugh to try and grab one for my collection :smile:

My first post in the forums!!! And we are so thrilled to announce that we found a GSA coin! Our future CIA Agent will be thrilled to find it in his Easter Egg Hunt!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Congrats!! Please take pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt. I'd love to see his reaction.

Thanks....Anthus

Does the GSA hate Missouri? :smile:

No, I don't think so, I believe the GSA is being low key at the moment, coin drops have been slow of late. Something big is about to happen, I can feel it :huh:

You know what they say, "the calm before the storm"? Probably just taking a breather! Maybe GSA is waiting for His/Her chocolate rush for energy!

Your right FairHoney- He's got somethin up his sleeve AGAIN!...Remember his last post? Mission#2

Once again- as a wise Agent once told me - Lets just sit tight!... I this is gonna be good! :(

Congrats MustangJoni- you got a workout while you were at it by the sounds of things!

YIPPEE! I found a GSA coin! The GSA or a hench-person apparently put it in a bag I had my coins in at an event (GC10P18) last weekend. Yep - I've had it for a week and didn't know it! The bag's been sitting in my cachemobile since I left the event. I put everything in the note I posted for the event. From now on I clean everything out when I get home!

This is a very cool coin! I've got #170 and can't wait to show it to some friends! Thanks for the generosity GSA, whoever you are!

I am beginning to thing the GSA has been kidnapped, there has been NO sightings for quite awhile. Maybe we all need to check the caches in our area for a ransom note. I'll put in a couple of Unactivated coins to the ransom bag, if anybody finds or hears anything. :(:):)

Edited by Frozen Buns

What a day today has been. I was just sitting here feeling sorry for myself-I had just found out that a dear friend has a very aggressive cancer--the odds are not good for him. While I was processing this information I checked my emails and guess what the Geocoin Secret Agent had come for a visit. I ran out to my cache and there was my shinny new coin. Yeah for me!!

Thank you Geocoin Secret Agent you have helped to turn a dark day a little lighter.

CuMoChi

100_6003.jpg

I would like to thank all of you for the very nice posts and for making these coins something truly special.

A very special thank you to dorkfish for her "ultra secret" special mission work that has proven to be a resounding success.

Mission # 2 is now loaded into the "mini-micro cache, super duper, double bubble" cassette player and is ready to be played. Remember it will self destruct after playing so listen sharp. The weight of the success of this mission now rests in your hands lildorkfish, good luck.

Once again, thank you geocoin community for all of the kindness and community spirit you have displayed with the finding of these coins. There are so many more missions to complete. Keep those emails coming and invites to your caching community. I'll always be watching. And maybe, just maybe make a few people smile, brighten a few days and spread a little happiness. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

The GSA

Thank You . . . for spreading the joy!

Peace

jAY miLLS

It is very cool and highly recomended for all who come to Milwaukee. My wife and I have not been there in almost eight years. Long before it was a cache.

Yes it is a very kewl place indeed and very fitting that the GSA make a visit to this location. Congratz on the grab. WOOWOO

Congrats VG on the cool coin find and a very fitting location. In my youth I used to go to the cache hide location at least once a week. Lots of fun. It is even more fun to watch the people that don't know the password. :laughing:

Thanks GSA for another great coin drop.

I'm fairly new to geocaching and this is my first post. I was checking this website and forums to find info on a coin I found. Looks like it's the same as the coins in this forum. It's got number 191 on the back. Found it in a local state park cache that I've been watching! Thanks for leaving the coin! I'll try to post a pic, but not sure if it will work!

096612a8-0d54-4619-9570-df0893d1bb0f.jpg

I'm fairly new to geocaching and this is my first post. I was checking this website and forums to find info on a coin I found. Looks like it's the same as the coins in this forum. It's got number 191 on the back. Found it in a local state park cache that I've been watching! Thanks for leaving the coin! I'll try to post a pic, but not sure if it will work!

You Lucky Dog! I wonder who you beat to it. Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting it here. Youve got one cool coin...Just so you know!

I had been talking to my husband about this coin for some time now (as well as the EGB coin) and I was just sitting here reading the forums when I was notified that the GSA had been to one of our puzzle caches! Talk about exciting! I dragged my poor sick husband out of bed (needed him to show me where our cache was because he's the one who placed it, LOL) and packed up the kids to see if we could get there before anyone else. Sure enough, we did! :laughing: Now to be fair since we were taking a coin, we did leave something nice for the people who find our cache next. Thank you so much GSA for the lovely coin!! Here are a couple pictures.

GeocoinSecretAgent.jpg

GSAcoin.jpg

I found GSA coin #118 in a cache I had DNF'd the day before Cache Across America - Georgia (GCWP4X). Very cool coin and a dang nice surprise to find since I almost didn't give it another shot today. Very beautiful area near the base of the dam, too bad I hadn't brought my fishing pole with me :) Here's a couple of pics of the cache and a tree near the trailhead. Thanks, Geocoin Secret Agent for the great coin!

T1

262d2cdf-7462-411a-b574-cf70bb2bd984.jpg

cache and geocoin

74a75dea-e63f-4e45-8d08-b6d0b817a4b0.jpg

log and GSA geocoin

b1038060-b62d-4059-9289-3ec89380ebdf.jpg

A tree near the trailhead