The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Yeah to the Yime, congrats on your killer find!...Cool coin eh?

and now Dardevle can join the Elite too! 2 great finds... but mines still nicer! :laughing:

I have to give you credit 007BigD, so far I'd have to say that your find has got to be the nicest so far. It is definetly a pretty cool coin. I'm still excited about finding one, even after a few hours. I imagine that excitment will last for quit some time. Even farther down the road. A year or two later, looking at the GSA coin and thinking back to when a dream became a reality, finding what most considered to be a hoax. And wondering who exactly is this mysterious agent, and will anyone ever really know? The beauty of this is the mystery. If someone ever did figure who, why, when,where and how, I really would not want to know. I like to keep guessing, speculating, maybe conjuring up conspiracy theories on the whole subject.

Dardevle

Edited by dardevle

I am the mystery that will haunt the minds of cachers for eternity.

Well, you're certainly haunting mine. I had a dream about finding a GSA coin last night. That's never happened before. Even with the Geocoin Fairy -- I really (really) wanted one, but I didn't have a dream about it.

This dream was kind of confused (as my dreams usually are) and included bits from my every day life, but mostly involved rushing and fighting in an attempt to beat someone else (who wasn't even a cacher - but was someone I'm not very fond of at work :laughing: ) to a cache where there was a GSA coin.

Very weird, and unfortunately I woke up before I reached the cache so I don't even know if I was able to beat the SOB to the cache and score the coin. ;);):laughing:

;)<_<;)B)

Windrose

I am the mystery that will haunt the minds of cachers for eternity.

Well, you're certainly haunting mine. I had a dream about finding a GSA coin last night. That's never happened before. Even with the Geocoin Fairy -- I really (really) wanted one, but I didn't have a dream about it.

This dream was kind of confused (as my dreams usually are) and included bits from my every day life, but mostly involved rushing and fighting in an attempt to beat someone else (who wasn't even a cacher - but was someone I'm not very fond of at work :laughing: ) to a cache where there was a GSA coin.

Very weird, and unfortunately I woke up before I reached the cache so I don't even know if I was able to beat the SOB to the cache and score the coin. B);):laughing:

;)<_<;)B)

Windrose

I got there before both of ya. Now you can sleep better tonight. ;)

I got there before both of ya. Now you can sleep better tonight. <_<

Well at least it's some consolation that he didn't get it. :laughing: That terrain sure was extreme, wasn't it? (The last thing I remember is slogging through deep mud and even deeper icy puddles of water, with no end in sight. :laughing: )

Windrose

I got there before both of ya. Now you can sleep better tonight. :D

Well at least it's some consolation that he didn't get it. :rolleyes: That terrain sure was extreme, wasn't it? (The last thing I remember is slogging through deep mud and even deeper icy puddles of water, with no end in sight. :unsure: )

Windrose

Yep exactly like WI and MI this time of the year. I saw where you came in and suddenly your tracks just disappeared into thin air. :P That must have been when you woke up. :)

Yep exactly like WI and MI this time of the year.

I went caching last weekend and twice I broke through the snow and down into holes filled with icy water at least 6 or 7 inches deep. :D It was definately a shock (I had tennis shoes on :D ). I think that's why it was in the dream.

I saw where you came in and suddenly your tracks just disappeared into thin air. :rolleyes: That must have been when you woke up. :)

:unsure::P Well, I hope you give the coin a good home.

Windrose

Today I decided to try to grab a few caches in between my doctors appointments. Several were within a short drive so I decided to grab a few including one that has my name. I found the other one in this park pretty easily and GCKN23 Beverlys Cache was to be the last one before rushing back to the appointment. This one has been on my to do list for quite a while now because of its name. My gpsr kept jumping around and I just couldn't find the cache so I was getting a bit discouraged. I decided to look some more as how could I give up on a 1/1 cache that has my name on it? There weren't any footprints in the area either to give me a little hint! LOL Boy was I glad I continued to look!!!! When I opened up the cache container there was a geocoin that I had only dreamed of seeing let alone finding--the geocoin secret agent coin in all its glory!!! I then did the milestone dance that Nurse Nanna and I have been perfecting by myself as I decided this was quite an occasion and deserving of a celebration. Luckily no one was around as that dance is quite the sight! Then I thought oh no do I have any swag worthy of a trade for this great coin? I searched my backpack without much luck but then remembered. I had put one of my personal coins in my wallet for good luck. That coin is now in the cache for the next finder.

The Geocoin Secret Agent is one really great person whoever he or she is (and I really have no clue). The last couple of weeks have been pretty sad around my house and I really needed something to brighten my day and cheer me up. Thanks GSA for putting a smile back on my face B)

d42b24f4-5b94-4eb7-81ac-ef00c156e3a4.jpg

Well since there are coins #197 and below from what I can see, I am guessing there are 200 or 250 coins made so that means if they are just placed in the US, then there should be 3-4 coins in each state if GSA does it evenly. I hope Michigan will be visited soon. Coins been placed in about 25 of the states so far.

Some of us in Canada have been lucky enough to be visited, so it probably just depends on where the GCSA decides to go. B)

Congrats LadyBee on your find B) Where's the picture of the dance :P

The dance-you want to see the dance. Well Nurse Nanna's part is on youtube! :P

That was a single dance but we have been sharing milestones so with the two of us its much more involved LMAO

Congradulations on your find of a G S A coin. I can not stop staring at mine. B)

Your dance LadyBee4T, sounds like it was a site to see. Mine was more of a up and

down jumping motion. Maybe a little hip swivel stir the pot motion too. NO elegance here. B)

Dardevle

Edited by dardevle

Congrats LadyBee on your find B) Where's the picture of the dance :P

The dance-you want to see the dance. Well Nurse Nanna's part is on youtube! :P

That was a single dance but we have been sharing milestones so with the two of us its much more involved LMAO

Checked out Nurse Nanna's dance B)B) I wonder if the GSA was lurking in the shadows watching :P

Congrats LadyBee on your find :huh: Where's the picture of the dance :)

The dance-you want to see the dance. Well Nurse Nanna's part is on youtube! ;)

Checked out Nurse Nanna's dance :D:wub: I wonder if the GSA was lurking in the shadows watching :)

We did the couple version at an event last weekend that was my #700 and her #900--cross between the Rockettes and an Irish jig! :):wub: (and me that needs knee surgery too) Soooo I sure hope that GSA wasn't lurking in the shadows somewhere but he/she is welcome to join us at the next milestone dance as we will have perfected it by then everyone hopes. (At least no one has asked us to sing too!)

GSA must of paid Michigan a visit because I got a coin too!!!!!! Here is my log. Was on my computer checking some emails when I saw that the Secret Agent visited this cache! I ran out the door in pj's with my dad and rushed right over. Ran as fast as I could through the trails to the cache and found it. I sat in the snow panting seeing my breath come out of my mouth. As I opened the container, I saw my dream come true. There next to the log book, was the all famous GSA coin #126. I would like to thank GSA from the bottom of my heart for giving me the chance to find this wonderful coin. I will be posting pictures as soon as I can.

Man I love reading the posts of all these lucky folks :D , SoC I can just picture you trying to be the first to the cache, :) and I really hope the Secret Agent was watching Beverly dance, what a hoot :D , I keep saying prayers to the caching gods that one of these beautiful coins will show up down here on the Mexico border, :D I don't think I can jump on an airplane and get anywhere quick enough to beat the local cachers :D . Oh, well, I'll just keep dreaming and praying. :)

Absolutlely Great!- 2 more beautiful coins goes out into the hands of people that will Cherish them forever!

I know Im lookin at mine right now...its only 2 inches from my left hand!...and it may even go with me this weekend! :)

Sure is nice to see all the Hopers and dreamers turnin into Hootin and Hollerers! :D Congrats LadyBee and Son of Cyclops!

I have a request from a 10 year old that the GSA returns to SWPA (nope, it's not my girls, they are 4 and 11...and we're satisfied with the one that we already have). Dennie, one of the D's from 3 D's & a Pokey, saw our coin and was thrilled with it. They tried for the latest one in the area, and were beat to it by Yime. They are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot post here themselves...they asked me to post a note for them, so here it is. He is a black belt spy wannabe...he wants to work for the FBI or CIA and has seen just about every spy movie out there. He has fists of fury and a heart of gold (very protective of our dragon girls). I am sure that a coin would just inspire him to become the world's greatest secret agent ever.

WooHoo!! I found one in Mazatlan while out caching on a day off of the cruise

ship. I found it in: "Neto Mexico Mazatlan Faro" (GCJ7VA). This is considered

to be the highest natural lighthouse of the world. I took some pictures from the

top after finding the cache and this awesome coin. I hope they turned out ok

and aren't too big:

Secret_Agent.jpg

secret.jpg

You can see the two cruise ships in the background. Ours was the smaller of the

two in the back, "Vision of the Sea".

I was shocked to find this coin in Mexico. Amazing how you are able to get around

to all these locations. Thanks for hiding them out there for us to find.

-paul

HiDude_98

I was checking my email and guess what? I get a message for a cache on my watchlist. The GSA has been to Lancaster, SC!! I had to wait until after school to go after the coin he left. My kids were all excited. We got into the van and off to the cache. It was a very muddy hike back on the trail, but the payoff was worth it. We found and took the GSA coin. Thanks GSA for visiting our town. Attached is a pic of the girls back home and cleaned up a bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mom...ls/100_0187.jpg

I was checking my email and guess what? I get a message for a cache on my watchlist. The GSA has been to Lancaster, SC!! I had to wait until after school to go after the coin he left. My kids were all excited. We got into the van and off to the cache. It was a very muddy hike back on the trail, but the payoff was worth it. We found and took the GSA coin. Thanks GSA for visiting our town. Attached is a pic of the girls back home and cleaned up a bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mom...ls/100_0187.jpg

Those girls are toooo cute. Congrats on your find.

The watchlist pays off big time! Away from my computer yesterday afternoon, I didn't check back until 6:55pm - argh! The GSA hit a local cache! This cache happens to be in a local establishment that closes at 7pm. I call and talk to a clerk and yes they're about to close the doors and yes there was a stranger in earlier who had asked to see the "geocache puzzle pieces" and they will re-open at 11am. Oh no! Anyone watching the GSA's profile would know there was a coin here and could possibly beat me to it. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I showed up in front of the door at 10:55am half expecting a line of cachers waiting to get in. I'm the first one here! Door opens at 11 and the prize is mine! The cache is full of swag. I leave a jailbreak geocoin. TFTC! see picture

PS. I later asked the clerks if any one remembered the stranger and I got conflicting reports, one thought sure it was a man, but the other said it was a woman. In fact the only thing they agreed on was that the stranger was there for several hours reading comic books! :o

Here's an update on those super cool secret agents hanging out at my house. They're all still doing really good. Agent 54 disappeared for awhile. I kept hearing this strange noise whenever I walked by my desk, but when I got real close it would stop. It sounded something like this only really fast "do I hear a three, three, three, three.....now we have four, four, four, four...." One day I was walking by & I heard this again & then I hear "Sold!" I began searching around the area and discovered Agent 54 inside of a padded envelope. I guess he was really getting into the ebay auction thing.

I'm happy to say that Agent 54 left last week in route to his new home. He was really excited to start his journey and meet some new cachers & their coins. The other agents were a bit sad but they threw him a party. Once the coffee started flowing everyone was in high spirits. Since then the rest of the agents have been sitting around doing alot of whispering. I just went to check on them and Agent 005 has disappeared. No note this time. Agent 95 & 99 informed me that he has left for his secret mission. I wish him luck on his travels, wherever they may take him. :D

Congratulations to all the new GSA finders. Enjoy your agents!

Here's an update on those super cool secret agents hanging out at my house. They're all still doing really good. Agent 54 disappeared for awhile. I kept hearing this strange noise whenever I walked by my desk, but when I got real close it would stop. It sounded something like this only really fast "do I hear a three, three, three, three.....now we have four, four, four, four...." One day I was walking by & I heard this again & then I hear "Sold!" I began searching around the area and discovered Agent 54 inside of a padded envelope. I guess he was really getting into the ebay auction thing.

I'm happy to say that Agent 54 left last week in route to his new home. He was really excited to start his journey and meet some new cachers & their coins. The other agents were a bit sad but they threw him a party. Once the coffee started flowing everyone was in high spirits. Since then the rest of the agents have been sitting around doing alot of whispering. I just went to check on them and Agent 005 has disappeared. No note this time. Agent 95 & 99 informed me that he has left for his secret mission. I wish him luck on his travels, wherever they may take him. :D

Congratulations to all the new GSA finders. Enjoy your agents!

Go 005!!!! Go 005!!!!

Add another Canadian province to the GSA's hit list. :D

I haven't been at school past midnight very much this term, but tonight I ended up staying a LOT later than planned reading forums, catching up on e-mail, and doing other stuff. I had wanted to be in bed by midnight, but come 1:45am I was still in my office. At least, I was till a log by the GSA for my cache Reach Higher (hidden just off campus) arrived in my inbox. :D I didn't need another excuse to leave, especially when the cache is on my bike ride home. And considering how many muggles are around during the day, 2am was the perfect time to stop.

Thankyou GSA! This coin will take a proud spot in my collection. :D

59c895f9-fe65-4f18-a874-39d4a76f08ae.jpg

09fb7a70-f3e4-4288-a930-d9676232d2c3.jpg