The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Someone else got one too. I want to say CCL or Frivlas, but my mind is still simply mush, due to lack of sleep. So if not one of the two mentioned, I'm pretty sure "a" female cacher got one as well.

Alas, twas not me. My 5 and 7 year old boys spent the day looking unsuccessfully for coins and envelopes at the event and the poker game. :-(

Wow...

We have a local TB hotel on our watch list - no action all weekend. Until this AM.

The GSA hit a few caches relatively near our house! (Needless to say) I woke up hubby and sent him out in the snow to see if this was the real deal.

Sure thing - signed the log, and a coin was left. Dropped a few TB's and picked up that coin.

Here is the photo of the cache - and coin:

gsa.jpg

IL/WI State Line TB Transfer Terminal

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...11-82f69db6c095

And, here is our little guy enjoying the new 'treasure' this AM!

Joelgsa.jpg

VERY neat, and a fantastic coin! (#129)

After making the find, my better half got himself stuck in the snow near the cache. Took him 20 minutes to get himself out. (Broke a snow scraper in the process) But it was worth it!

Thank you GSA!!

Just so you know GSA we are leaving California on Tuesday and driving home along I-70 back to Georgia.....so if you want to find some caches along our route to make our drive home all the more enjoyable feel free to! B)B)

Or you can just head on to Middle Georgia after Feb 24th when we will be home. :huh:

Congrats to everyone who has found one so far.

I recently left Hawaii and arrived in the midwest to fulfill a mission. I have recently made a few coin drops. Who will be the lucky finders?

One drop yesterday in Calgary, Alberta. But where?

Cool. So there were three deaddropped at the GeocoinFest. Who got the third one. I will be looking out for them in New Jersey (hope the snow is gone now!)

I just sent three coins with a geocaching friend to give to a Coinfest attendee. The Cacher that is attending Coinfest will drop three plain envelopes with a GSA coin inside at random places while at Coinfest. Who will be the lucky recipients of the first three Geocoin Secret Agent Geocoins?

Post a picture of your find or a note on this thread if you would please.

I truly hope whoever finds these coins really enjoys them.

The GSA

Thank you GSA!!! I was lucky enough to ended up with one the plain white sealed envelope .... But, I didn't open it right away .... I stuffed it under my arm and forgot about it for a while. In the mean time, Dorkfish aka Karma and I ran into each other for the first time. I was excited to meet her after emailing her and trading coins with her. As we were talking, I remembered the envelope .... I opened it and out came a GEOCOIN SECRET AGENT coin! Woot! My brother said the look on my face and the look on Karma's face was priceless!! I couldn't believe it ...... THANK YOU GEOCOIN SECRET AGENT!!! who ever you are.....

What makes this really funny is I thought I knew where it came from... but, when I tried to thank the cacher, they clearly didn't know who I was or what I was talking about. In fact, my brother and I laughed about how weird I must have sounded to the whole group of cachers that were standing there when I began thanking the person. I didn't even know any of them. They all must have thought I was CRAZY, lol. OK the laugh is on me this time!! I felt very silly!!!

GeocoinFest was a blast!!! Getting a Geocoin Secret Agent coin made my day!!! TYVM!

Sorry for the delay in posting.... After leaving the Temecula Valley Geocaching Event, My brother and I drove all night long (12 hours) to get home... I was to tired to post Monday and slept all day long. On tuesday, had no electricity due to a storm we are having so I couldn't post. And, worst of all, I was woke up by a phone call this morning with the news of the murder of one of my dearest friends. I thought I'd better post now before I put it off again...... R.I.P Jennifer.

I just sent three coins with a geocaching friend to give to a Coinfest attendee. The Cacher that is attending Coinfest will drop three plain envelopes with a GSA coin inside at random places while at Coinfest. Who will be the lucky recipients of the first three Geocoin Secret Agent Geocoins?

Post a picture of your find or a note on this thread if you would please.

I truly hope whoever finds these coins really enjoys them.

The GSA

Thank you GSA!!! I was lucky enough to ended up with one the plain white sealed envelope .... But, I didn't open it right away .... I stuffed it under my arm and forgot about it for a while. In the mean time, Dorkfish aka Karma and I ran into each other for the first time. I was excited to meet her after emailing her and trading coins with her. As we were talking, I remembered the envelope .... I opened it and out came a GEOCOIN SECRET AGENT coin! Woot! My brother said the look on my face and the look on Karma's face was priceless!! I couldn't believe it ...... THANK YOU GEOCOIN SECRET AGENT!!! who ever you are.....

What makes this really funny is I thought I knew where it came from... but, when I tried to thank the cacher, they clearly didn't know who I was or what I was talking about. In fact, my brother and I laughed about how weird I must have sounded to the whole group of cachers that were standing there when I began thanking the person. I didn't even know any of them. They all must have thought I was CRAZY, lol. OK the laugh is on me this time!! I felt very silly!!!

GeocoinFest was a blast!!! Getting a Geocoin Secret Agent coin made my day!!! TYVM!

Sorry for the delay in posting.... After leaving the Temecula Valley Geocaching Event, My brother and I drove all night long (12 hours) to get home... I was to tired to post Monday and slept all day long. On tuesday, had no electricity due to a storm we are having so I couldn't post. And, worst of all, I was woke up by a phone call this morning with the news of the murder of one of my dearest friends. I thought I'd better post now before I put it off again...... R.I.P Jennifer.

OMG, I am so sorry for your loss. What trajic news :( My thoughts are with you.

I really enjoyed spending time with you at the event and I wish we could've spent way more time hanging out. Your little doggie is absolutely adorable. I was totally blown away when you opened that envelope. You are so lucky to have received that coin. Good luck on your quest to find out who gave you the envelope, lol :(

Wow, cool. I hope the operative makes a mission to the LowerMainland someday.

*sigh*. The great white north has its negatives.

Not True the Secret Agent made his way to Calgary in teh last couple of days...

Now the question is with all the snow up here did he leave any foot prints. I am headed out to the cache now to see.

Wow, cool. I hope the operative makes a mission to the LowerMainland someday.

*sigh*. The great white north has its negatives.

Not True the Secret Agent made his way to Calgary in the last couple of days...

Now the question is with all the snow up here did he leave any foot prints. I am headed out to the cache now to see.

The caches that the GCSA visited are in a fairly remote wooded location, so I set off this afternoon to see if I could get lucky and find me a coin. When I got to the cache there where foot prints all over the place, it appeared that someone else had beaten me to the cache.

After checking his log it appeared that he was unable to find a coin, so knowing that there where two caches in the area with Similar names I continued down the trail checking each of the caches along the way.

When alas I was rewarded with the following:

da9f2a7d-3bac-4cbb-8488-30a2e7f8aae5.jpg

The question was would the GCSA leave footprints in all the snow... None that I could detect. Thanks GCSA.

Bish0p

Edited by bish0p

The caches that the GCSA visited are in a fairly remote wooded location, so I set off this afternoon to see if I could get lucky and find me a coin. When I got to the cache there where foot prints all over the place, it appeared that someone else had beaten me to the cache.

After checking his log it appeared that he was unable to find a coin, so knowing that there where two caches in the area with Similar names I continued down the trail checking each of the caches along the way.

When alas I was rewarded with the following:

da9f2a7d-3bac-4cbb-8488-30a2e7f8aae5.jpg

The question was would the GCSA leave footprints in all the snow... None that I could detect. Thanks GCSA.

Bish0p

Congrats Bish0p! Thanks for the little story. :rolleyes: No footprints... hmmm... maybe I can call on him/her as a "Leave No Trace" speaker at my next event. :wub:

Went out caching this afternoon and found one of these coins. I was really surprised to see it in a new cache placement of Shilos, hmmm. I left one of my personals (#146) in exchange for it. Thanks GSA for visiting the Peach State!

Left camera in the car so took a picture here in the office with my dog Abbey.

GSA.jpg

Edited by AtlantaGal

Went out caching this afternoon and found one of these coins. I was really surprised to see it in a new cache placement of Shilos, hmmm. I left one of my personals (#146) in exchange for it. Thanks GSA for visiting the Peach State!

Left camera in the car so took a picture here in the office with my dog Abbey.

GSA.jpg

Well I saw your post, and immediately checked his profile to see what other caches he has hit today. Unfortunately he hasn't logged any caches yet. Maybe Tomorrow will be a lucky day. Aiken's only 3 hours from you!

PS your dog looks so soft and cuddly!!!

Edited by UOTrackers

I was going to wait and log my caches later so I could see how this coin got into the cache, but I had a few TB drops from today ripped out of my inventory already (I hate that) and not virtually dropped into the caches I left them in. Since these were TBs and coins I brought back from the bug bin at Coinfest, I wanted them to get the 1800+ mile credit. So I logged my caches... and I also grabbed the TBs back so they could get their proper miles ;)

Today was our LUCKY day!!! We have been keeping an eye on the GSA, and what do we see? He has made a stop in our area!!! What LUCK!! We were so excited, we just RAN out the door, forgetting to lock it behind us! LOL!! Here is our log:

Holy Moly! We were keeping an eye on the GSA, and what do we see? He found a cache near us!!!!! NO TIME TO WASTE!! We RAN out the door, forgetting to lock it behind us! (Good thing everyone knows we have a 160lb. Great Dane! LOL!!)

I think we broke alot of speeding laws on the way there, but hey, it's only illegal if you get caught, right? LOL!!

Found the cache in record time, grabbed the coin with our greedy little hands, ran for the car, and speeded back home to enjoy our prize! THANKS GSA!! REALLY cool coin!!!

Here is our prize: (Drumroll please!)

99154d60-97b3-42f3-9a37-647d504569f4.jpg

Coin #161! Thanks GSA!! This will be a treasured part of our collection!!! :laughing:

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

This beautiful gift came at a very opportune time as I was feeling a little low, hearing about a dear friend's mother dying, making me reminisce about my mom and the decision that we both had to make pertaining to our own Mothers dying!! Thanks from the bottom or my heart

Seriously, not to get others down. The Geocoin Secret Agent has magical traveling powers and manage to show up in our state in the nick of time because they are predicting that "S" word- You know, the stuff that belongs in the mountains as it makes for terrible driving for we lowlanders :) !!!

Congratulations to Fairyhoney! :)

now ... I wonder if the GSA is gonna make a drop in good old WV? It would be neat to get a chance to add to my Geocoin Fairy and Mystery Christmas coins. Dropping off in PA and VA are close, but it just isn't the same. Heck - we've even got the FBI fingerprint facility out here - if that doesn't attract a Secret Agent I don't know what would! :D

Congratulations to Fairyhoney! :)

now ... I wonder if the GSA is gonna make a drop in good old WV? It would be neat to get a chance to add to my Geocoin Fairy and Mystery Christmas coins. Dropping off in PA and VA are close, but it just isn't the same. Heck - we've even got the FBI fingerprint facility out here - if that doesn't attract a Secret Agent I don't know what would! :)

You may have a shot it that..

he (or she)was just in Pa earlier this week !!

:) " Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?"

Seriously, though, How does The Geocoin Secret Agent get the info needed to "place" his//her coin?

I understand that being a secret agent and all..... Just had that thought wandering through out my cranial matter last night!! :)