The Geocoin Secret Agent

The Geo-Secret Agent

Cool, cool, cool. How exciting... I sure do hope that The Geocoin Secret Agent travels far and wide... very far and wide...!!! Would be awesome to see this down here in New Zealand. Not sure if the Geocoin Fairy has every visited either - anyone know?

Edited by keewee01

It looks like there is already one out, any finders?

There are none of my coins out yet. I will drop one out in a random cache Tuesday. I will email local cachers near the city I drop the first coin. This is my mission. Finding the first coin is yours. Good Luck.

Nah... He/She just teased someone in Nevada on that cache find ~ probably just to stir up the locals no doubt! Looking forward to catching the GSA in the act in these parts! :)

I like the coin.

I have to say though that I don't like the whole idea. That just means another coin I will probably NOT get. ;)

Don't worry. You sre not the only one. From what I see they go to people who know people. Not to people who just want to play the game for the fun of playing.

Yeah, but everything is based on who you know, ya know? ;)

Typically in these "mystery coins" the person behind it sends out coins to people they know for placement in caches near them, and then they either alert the person they want to find it, or sit back and watch to see who gets it.

Don't get me wrong, I have no idea who is behind this or most of the "mystery" coins out there - just adding some insight.

I figure if I know who the person is that is doing this (and we get along), I stand a chance of coming across one. If I don't, then I don't.

Not everybody will "qualify" for every coin (cache, etc.) and I'm OK with that.

Typically in these "mystery coins" the person behind it sends out coins to people they know for placement in caches near them, and then they either alert the person they want to find it, or sit back and watch to see who gets it.

Or the person actually travels a lot! I know we have some long haul truck drivers who cache who could easily drop coins all over the US!

... That just means another coin I will probably NOT get. :lol:

Don't worry. You sre not the only one. From what I see they go to people who know people. Not to people who just want to play the game for the fun of playing.

I'll start by saying that I don't know who is behind any of the mystery coins. Also I believe I fit into the "people who just want play the game" and not the "people who know people" category. Even so, I found a TGF coin and I hope to find a Secret Agent coin as well. I might not, but it won't stop me from following the travels of the Secret Agent in the hopes that s/he will visit a cache near me. In fact I might even write to him and ask if he is planning to visit paradise. :lol: If I recall, I wrote to TGF saying how much I liked her coin, but figuring a trip here would be out of the question. She wrote back and said in fact she might be visiting the state. And that is when I really followed her travels closely. She ended up leaving 3 coins in Hawaii. One was picked up immediately by a visitor. The second, who knows, as no one ever said anything about it on that cache page. I found the 3rd at a little visited cache at 9500 ft. of elevation, more than 2 weeks after it had been left there.

What I am saying is, the Secret Agent needs to know that you would like a coin. ;) The way I figure it a cetain number of the coins are "already spoken for," e.g., you (& kealia) are correct that they will be placed such that certain people will find them. But I choose to believe the rest will be put out there for those of us "who just want to play the game." BUT since there are a limited number of coins, all things being equal Fairies and Secret Agents will place the coins in places where they are known to be wanted. Maybe if I hadn't written to TGF she only would have left only 1 or 2 coins in my state. I'll never know. But don't just assume you won't get one. And it never hurts to ask. ;)

jrr