Geo 40 Series coins - trades and sales

Fluttershy

Of course you can do what you want with them, excuse me for being naive, I figured that since it was a group project that others members of the group would be willing to trade for each others top 40 coins.

on another more pleasant note, i went out and managed to grab 14 caches tonight. :laughing:

Your incorrect assumption is no excuse for your statement that other coin owners should be ashamed of themselves for not wanting your coin. While this was a group project, there was no obligation for each participant to trade their Geo40 coins for other Geo40 coins. If they choose to, then hooray for them, but if they choose not to, they shouldn't be ridiculed or antagonized for it. :laughing:

:P

Oh, I make no excuses. I still feel that way. You can do whatever you want with your coins, but I think its extremely sad that some people seem to have only used this experience as a way to get certain hard to find coins from those other members of the group who have them.

My original post was not directed at you, so I think its funny you seem to be so offended. Before your post I had no idea who you were, and I still don't, I just know now that you and Parrolet share a coin. :laughing:

I consider myself a pretty active member of the coin trading community, and I cache too.

So, be offended if you want. I was just expressing my frustration.

also a quick clarification, Im not talking about people who say id rather have your personal instead of your record. id rather trade the record for record, but i've been trading my personal also.

Edited by Nero

Yes, It's the same coin.

and I'll be the one pushing Parrolet out of the way so that I can trade with you first. :P

just kidding Parrolet :laughing:

LOL!!

Well Paula has another coin that she knows I'd really like (she should have them by then). So I'm hoping to trade with both of you. I only need 1 record though. So if one of you would save one to trade with me please :laughing:

Of course you can do what you want with them, excuse me for being naive, I figured that since it was a group project that others members of the group would be willing to trade for each others top 40 coins.

on another more pleasant note, i went out and managed to grab 14 caches tonight. :P

Your incorrect assumption is no excuse for your statement that other coin owners should be ashamed of themselves for not wanting your coin. While this was a group project, there was no obligation for each participant to trade their Geo40 coins for other Geo40 coins. If they choose to, then hooray for them, but if they choose not to, they shouldn't be ridiculed or antagonized for it. :laughing:

:laughing:

Oh, I make no excuses. I still feel that way. You can do whatever you want with your coins, but I think its extremely sad that some people seem to have only used this experience as a way to get certain hard to find coins from those other members of the group who have them.

My original post was not directed at you, so I think its funny you seem to be so offended. Before your post I had no idea who you were, and I still don't, I just know now that you and Parrolet share a coin. :laughing:

I consider myself a pretty active member of the coin trading community, and I cache too.

also a quick clarification, Im not talking about people who say id rather have your personal instead of your record. id rather trade the record for record, but i've been trading my personal also.

Nero, I am not really offend and didn't get mine to do trades for anything special except for trades at GW5. Are you coming to GW5? If so, look me up and we can probably trade coins of either this or something else I will have. Actually if I traded everyone for their top40 I would run short of 5 because I only had 35 for myself done. I really didn't think I would want that many. Plus I know I will have another coin available soon. :laughing:

on another more pleasant note, i went out and managed to grab 14 caches tonight. :huh:

Your incorrect assumption is no excuse for your statement that other coin owners should be ashamed of themselves for not wanting your coin. While this was a group project, there was no obligation for each participant to trade their Geo40 coins for other Geo40 coins. If they choose to, then hooray for them, but if they choose not to, they shouldn't be ridiculed or antagonized for it. :)

:huh:

My original post was not directed at you, so I think its funny you seem to be so offended. Before your post I had no idea who you were, and I still don't, I just know now that you and Parrolet share a coin. :)

Keep in mind that 'people in this group' may be new to coin trading in general, and would have never had a personal coin made themselves if it weren't for the low cost of entry that a group effort afforded. So, with that in mind, if there are some collectors who are interested in having a total collection of the Geo40 coins, then, by all means, Team GasMain will be willing to trade our coin with you.

In a way, all of the coins in this series are a Limited Edition....

And, personally, I'm still learning what is 'valuable' and 'HTF'. Since there is no central 'Kelly's Blue Book' for geocoins, all I can ask for is what I find interesting or appealing. I'm sorry if *I* offended *you*.

But getting back to this thread's original topic, I will be willing to trade face-to-face for a handful of the Team GasMain Geo40 coins at GW5. Another small handful of my Team's coins are going to be involved in a year long TB race.... winner buys lunch, I think. :)

Hope to see many of you at GW5. Maybe there should be a special table during the geocoin session of the evening for the members of the Geo40 to meet and greet.

Hope to see many of you at GW5. Maybe there should be a special table during the geocoin session of the evening for the members of the Geo40 to meet and greet.

Great idea!

Seeing as I'm only a volunteer for GW5 site setup (and takedown!), I'll see what kind of influence I can have over this. If I end up moving tables around on Friday afternoon before hand, I'll keep it in mind!

I have been able to get commitments for 33 of the 40 coins. I still am looking for 2 of each of the following coins. If you are not inteseted in any of my personal coins I would still like the oportunity to try an aquire coins that you are wanting.

As always one is for my collection and the second one is for my dads (Buffalo Wings) collection.

Trades needed

#07 - Damenace

#10 - nielsenc

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - GeoSmurfz

#30 - wij Drie

#35 - 501 Gang

#37 - sooner22

Team Sand Dollar

I sent you an email aready. I'm waiting on trading to non-Top 40 owners till I'm sure the ones that wanted to trade Top 40's are done.

You responded back and asked me to keep you in mind when I open trades to non-Top 40 people.

I do already have both yours and your Dads coins though.

So my commitment is no trade right now.

OK I do have some of my coins left for trading, however I do wish to trade for coins other than top 40. I do not want a complete set. I only want a few and already have/am getting those I desire. So if those of you who do want a full set or want mine cause of the cool fish on it :huh: you can email me via my profile and we can work something out. I am trying to build my collection a little more and having 40 coins that look very similar isn't very appealing to me. But at the same time I understand why some want a whole set too. It's all a matter of preference. :)

I am one of those who would like to collect a whole set of these coins...doing good so far and want to thank those who have traded with me so far, except have not heard back from the following folks:

-nielsenc

-GeoSmurfz

-sooner22

Please help me out...I'm open to trading non-vinyl coins for your Top 40 issues.

Look at my trading list at the bottom of this post.

Edited by Go JayBee

I am slowly starting to get back on my feet so I will be looking to acquire a handfull of these coins. Of those who I have already set up a trade with, the coins have been dropped off at the PO.

I will be sending out emails this weekend seeking a trade, this email will be a request to trade record for record. If you are not interested in record for record, rest assured I will not take it personal.

-nielsenc

Away on business until 3/12.

-GeoSmurfz

Hasn't received their coins yet.

I have not received yet. But have paid for on March 2. I heard that the one that was shipping them is off until the 12th. Not sure if this is true or not. But once I get the coins I will start responding to emails that I have and trades that I have set up already.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

I am still seeking the following......

#01 - Fluttershy

#05 - Sillygirl & jrr

#06 - GPX Navigators

#07 - Damenace

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - Geosmurfz

#29 - coreynjoey

#30 - wij Drie

#31 - Team Gasmain

#37 - sooner22

I know a few are still waiting to pay or receive there coins.

I have been able to get commitments for 33 of the 40 coins. I still am looking for 2 of each of the following coins. If you are not inteseted in any of my personal coins I would still like the oportunity to try an aquire coins that you are wanting.

As always one is for my collection and the second one is for my dads (Buffalo Wings) collection.

Trades needed

#07 - Damenace

#10 - nielsenc

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - GeoSmurfz

#30 - wij Drie

#35 - 501 Gang

#37 - sooner22

Team Sand Dollar

This list was to encompass those geo40 coins that I have not been able to get a firm commitment for. I have exchanged emails with a 4 of you on the list so these possible trades are in flux.

I also realize you may not be interested in additional variations of our coins. Hopefully I will be able to find something you do want in trade and be able to complete this collection. If not they are only coins.

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

Trades needed

#13 - UOTrackers

Team Sand Dollar

This list was to encompass those geo40 coins that I have not been able to get a firm commitment for. I have exchanged emails with a 4 of you on the list so these possible trades are in flux.

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

Hey Loran, As soon as Ihave them in hand the trade is as good as yours!!! You know I'm addicted to those sand dollars!

I have news for those of you who are interested in the one and only international Geo40 coin.

We also don't have our coins received yet but we will soon (i hope). I will let you know as soon as possible. I'll make a post in this tread on this forum.

I'll start the trading after i recieved the coins. And i will also tell you more about the Dutch idea behind this Geo40-coin. Stay tuned for more...

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :blink:

Not the greatest but finally have a pic of ours. You get the idea - more or less. If the weather was warmer I'd be outside playing with the camera. :blink:

We've got plans for this coin, but still have some to trade if others want it. We would like to trade for other coins as we have enough records in the house. :blink:

0ab0bf20-62b5-4262-9745-b1b99438d12d.jpg

I have an idea of what I want to do with my Top40 geocoin. For the one that I am keeping for myself. But to do what I want I need to find out what songs people got their songs from. I have made a list of everyones songs that they are using but can't figure out all of the songs that they were used from. So if people could email me this info. Please.

Their geocache name (so I can match it with the list)

The Song that they got their song from

Also who sang the song

Thank you.

Also to everyone that has emailed me about trades I still have not gotten mine yet. As soon as I do I will start responding to emails. Thanks to all that want to trade for this coin.

edit to say: I know alot of people don't look in this forums alot. So I may email people after a few days to find out if I don't get emails from everyone.

Edited by GeoSmurfz

Has anyone had any contact with Sooner22 regarding any trades? I don't even recall seeing they posted in the original thread requesting to be part of it.

I am trying to get them all, and I think they are the only ones I haven't had any sort of response from.

I was wondering the same thing. I went through all the posts and couldn't find one for them. I'm thinking that's not the actual cachers geonick?

I am looking for any and all Geo 40 coins! I have already traded for some, and bought a few. If you have a Geo 40 coin to trade, please feel free to go shopping on my trading list in my sig line.

Thanks in advance!

I'm deciding between two coins that I want, and then I will email you an offer. :P

I am looking for any and all Geo 40 coins! I have already traded for some, and bought a few. If you have a Geo 40 coin to trade, please feel free to go shopping on my trading list in my sig line.

Thanks in advance!

Wow, that was more than awesome! I now have 12 new geo40 coins traded for, and my trading list has been pruned back. Thanks everyone!

Just a note... I was unable to make it to the post office this evening, as my daughter was in a musical. I hope to get all the trades mailed tomorrow.

(I think I got back to everyone... if you didn't hear from me, please email again.)

:huh:

I have decided to go ahead and set a small number of coins aside for those of you seeking a complete set of Geo40 coins. I was going to see what I had left after GW5 before I made any trades, but what the heck.

Some of you have already made a trade with me. For the rest of you.... If you are looking to complete your set of Geo40s, and you need the Parrolet/rasj coin, send me an email. I can't promise I have enough for all of you right now, because I really want to reserve the bulk of my coins for face to face trades at GW5, but I'll see what I can do. First come, first served. Only email me if you are seeking to complete the set. If you are looking to trade for this coin for any other reason, please wait until after GW5.

I'l also toss this out there too just to keep it interesting. Don't even bother looking at my "seeking" list. I don't want to know what you have to trade me. Once I get your email, If I have coins left, I'll send them to you. If you choose to send me a coin in return, I'll find out what it is when I open the envelope. :huh:

#01 - Fluttershy

#05 - Sillygirl & jrr

#06 - GPX Navigators

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - Geosmurfz

#29 - coreynjoey

#30 - wij Drie

#37 - sooner22

I would like to obtain these last ones.

Well, somehow my friend found the icon that we are *supposed* to have.... and it's uploaded to the GC servers, but still not associated as far as I can tell.

http://www.geocaching.com/images/wpttypes/931.gif

931.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/images/wpttypes/sm/931.gif

931.gif

Any idea when these will go live?

The adapter icon shows up for me in the "my inventory" list, but when I go to the coins page, there's just the standard generic icon.

Well, somehow my friend found the icon that we are *supposed* to have.... and it's uploaded to the GC servers, but still not associated as far as I can tell.

http://www.geocaching.com/images/wpttypes/931.gif

931.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/images/wpttypes/sm/931.gif

931.gif

Any idea when these will go live?

The adapter icon shows up for me in the "my inventory" list, but when I go to the coins page, there's just the standard generic icon.

I emailed Bryan @ Groundspeak. We'll see if he can straighten this out.

-- Scott

#01 - Fluttershy

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - Geosmurfz

#30 - wij Drie

#37 - sooner22

Ok, try THIS ...

I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail, but as soon as I get them...

I'll send you mine, GO B)

The list is getting smaller but there are still a couple I have not made contact with and a couple that I still need to resolve.

Trades needed desired.

#07 - Damenace (Contact made but trade not established Yet)

#35 - 501 Gang (Contact made but trade not established Yet)

#10 - nielsenc (Contact made trade in the works)

#13 - UOTrackers (Contact made trade in the works)

#30 - wij Drie (Contact made trade in the works)

#27 - GeoSmurfz (No Contact Yet)

#37 - sooner22 (No Contact Yet)

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

#01 - Fluttershy

#05 - Sillygirl & jrr

#13 - UOTrackers

#27 - Geosmurfz

#29 - coreynjoey

#30 - wij Drie

#37 - sooner22

I have my Top 40 to trade, or Black Nickel Nero Coins.

Edited by Nero

My coins arrived today! Those who I have already spoken with about trades I will be sending out emails most likely tomorrow sometime (pending massage schedule). If you bought one through my pre-sale I will have these in the mail tomorrow also.

By the way, did you all look through all of your coins carefully? We went through them to find an interesting code for each of use to keep. As I was searching codes, I found this one...don't look at the code, I photoshopped that, but I didn't mess with the color! I'm curious how many other errors there were?

RECORD01.jpg

By the way, did you all look through all of your coins carefully? We went through them to find an interesting code for each of use to keep. As I was searching codes, I found this one...don't look at the code, I photoshopped that, but I didn't mess with the color! I'm curious how many other errors there were?

RECORD01.jpg

Whoa - that is cool! I looked at the first few but I was looking for my name not colors. Doubt I would have seen that. Neat coin. :o Now I have to look some more. :D

Edited by GPX Navigators

I didn't look very closely at any of the coloring, I have been checking them for general quality. It was interesting that the first coin I pulled out had 57 as part of its tracking number... of course I did put it aside for fellow recording artist 57Chevy :o

I haven't looked through them all, I just check them as I take them out for shipping. If i see one that would be good for someone else, then I set it aside and take another for the shipment.