Micro for the Golden State

Dr. Whoever

About 10 of my caching pals and I have been toying with this idea for a while now and had some artwork drawn up.

We are wanting to get another CHEAP and plentiful coin out that will fit anywhere. MICRO seemed to be the answer. Looking for ideas, re-do's, etc?

Is this one good as is?

Would this one be out in caches instead of books at events?

OK Californians, is this something we would like to have out in the caching world?

Looking at getting these out (if it's a go) at around $4.00 each and of course a discount for package sets.

Send in all of your comments please.

9e83fd11-2546-4abc-89b1-f105f49416ee.jpg

Considering it's a 1" coin, I think the wording on the front could be completely omitted. Also since you have the flag that depicts CA already, the state image isn't absolutely necessary either. I think with these two edits, and in hard enamel, this could be a sharp micro.

Hmm, not bad. How about the words over the metallic blazing sun?

Considering it's a 1" coin, I think the wording on the front could be completely omitted. Also since you have the flag that depicts CA already, the state image isn't absolutely necessary either. I think with these two edits, and in hard enamel, this could be a sharp micro.

Golden State 2007 inside the sun in raised metal would work.

Golden State 2007 inside the sun in raised metal would work.

Both great ideas, I'll get some revisions done after work today. Yeah. I still have this darned day job

Keep the ideas coming. This will be a very nice and affordible little gem PROMISED

... How about "Sunshine State" instead.

Because then it would need to be a Florida coin...

I like the original design, and would just make the lettering dark--maybe the dark blue already used.

Dave_W6DPS

Agreed, Sunshine is FL, Golden State should stick and maybe raised lettering with a dark (blue or black) center with raised edges. I ran this past a group of cachers I work with and they thought maybe shrinking the state to fit inside the center of the shining sun.

More thoughts and ideas welcome.

Thanks

We've had one in the works for a while. We've been bouncing ideas off of local geocoin collectors and have the design pretty much done. We were planning on offering them for sale like we did last time (in cheap bulk packs at cost), but if there is going to be another 2007 California Micro, then we'll probably not offer this one for sale and mint a smaller number for us to release and trade.

--Marky

We've had one in the works for a while. We've been bouncing ideas off of local geocoin collectors and have the design pretty much done. We were planning on offering them for sale like we did last time (in cheap bulk packs at cost), but if there is going to be another 2007 California Micro, then we'll probably not offer this one for sale and mint a smaller number for us to release and trade.

--Marky

NOOOOOOOOOO! :rolleyes:

--Marky

This one is just an idea. Let's go with the one that's in the works already. we'll put this one on the back burner for a while

When they get off the back burner- I want one :) ! But I think you should leave the state symbol-I Like It!

Maybe do the writing in black so its easier too read or at least on the gold.

I like the sun, but am fond of the compass sign- I know there is a lot of compass coins, but it looks good and fits the occasion.

Maybe instead of "Micro geocoin" you could call it the Cali Micro geocoin, or the Micro Cali coin.

Just some thoughts, but I do like the state symbol on there. - Hope this helps