Anyone make just a few personalized trackable coins

jAY miLLS

Interested in acquiring 2-3 or so trackable coins with personalized team name (Jay Mills) on it. Am new to the sport and think these would be great to take to events for discovery but remain in my possesion. Any ideas? Please don't flame me if this is a newb question, one isn't born with knowledge and if you want to knwo you have to ask. Thanks. Peace, and safe cache hunting. <_<

you COULD certainly have just a couple coins minted, but you'd still have to pay the same die and artwork fees, so you'd be looking at probably...$50-$75 per coin, conservatively.

I more cost effective idea might be to make something with your team name on it yourself, and attach a travel bug tag to it so it would be trackable.

The tags are only around $4-$5 each, and be attached to just about anything.

you COULD certainly have just a couple coins minted, but you'd still have to pay the same die and artwork fees, so you'd be looking at probably...$50-$75 per coin, conservatively.

I more cost effective idea might be to make something with your team name on it yourself, and attach a travel bug tag to it so it would be trackable.

I am not particularly interested in using unique artwork and am more than willing to use a stock die. I just want a coin with the team name mostly for show and to use at events. I would actually be very happy with just one but a couple extra would be nice. Your idea is possible and I will give that some thought but it is not exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the reply.

I am not particularly interested in using unique artwork and am more than willing to use a stock die. I just want a coin with the team name mostly for show and to use at events. I would actually be very happy with just one but a couple extra would be nice. Your idea is possible and I will give that some thought but it is not exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the reply.

I remember seeing some coin in the forums that you could have your team name etched into it... I'll try and look for it, if i find it, i will post it here

Some coins, like Idaho, had a spot on the coin where you could have your team name engraved in it. (I know you're from Wisonsin, that was just an example.)

Or, there are a couple of different "Achievement" or Milestone coins out there with an area to engrave your team name. Any local trophy shop can engrave your name once you get the coins. I believe both oakcoins.com and coinsandpins.com have coins of this type of coin available.

I'm not sure if there is a 50 finds coin or not, but I know there is one for 100 finds.

I just ordered 4 coins last week and the laser etching was part of the deal. When I paid, I typed in what I wanted on the coin. I had 2 with my Team name and 2 with my name on them , I just went back to where I ordered them from and it didnt look like it was very clear that they would etch them. I emailed them and will post when I get a response.....They will be perfect for what you are lookin for- They are really nice looking coins too. ----Hope I can Help

I just ordered 4 coins last week and the laser etching was part of the deal. When I paid, I typed in what I wanted on the coin. I had 2 with my Team name and 2 with my name on them , I just went back to where I ordered them from and it didnt look like it was very clear that they would etch them. I emailed them and will post when I get a response.....They will be perfect for what you are lookin for- They are really nice looking coins too. ----Hope I can Help

AH-MAN- Im a Dough-head- It is the coin that is posted in the above threads- Boy I didnt know that it was only a intro thing. Sorry for any false hope, But- It really doesnt hurt to ask them, they have the means- Maybe you could sweet talk them a little.

AH-MAN- Im a Dough-head- It is the coin that is posted in the above threads- Boy I didnt know that it was only a intro thing. Sorry for any false hope, But- It really doesnt hurt to ask them, they have the means- Maybe you could sweet talk them a little.

Thanks, I sent them a message. WIll have to wait and see if I get a responese. And thanks to everyone else also for their imput.

If the $ isn't a problem, then why not get a bunch made for yourselves and get them placed in caches around the United States or get a contest going of some kind :rolleyes: just an idea, of course!!

Try geocoins.net. They have some metal tokens that can be inscribed with you team name.

Still have to use a TBug tag, or inscribe the TBug number on them to make them trackable. But, they are very nice. We just got some made for our geo pup.

Thats a good idea. Just need to find a non-trackable coin that has room for team name and TB # without taking away from the design. Something to ponder in any case. Thanks.

If the $ isn't a problem, then why not get a bunch made for yourselves and get them placed in caches around the United States or get a contest going of some kind :rolleyes: just an idea, of course!!

The money is an issue or I would already have 100 coins now :huh: But really I only want at least 1 but preferably 2-3 just for events and such. Thanks for the reply.

Try geocoins.net. They have some metal tokens that can be inscribed with you team name.

Still have to use a TBug tag, or inscribe the TBug number on them to make them trackable. But, they are very nice. We just got some made for our geo pup.

Thats a good idea. Just need to find a non-trackable coin that has room for team name and TB # without taking away from the design. Something to ponder in any case. Thanks.

A custom coin can be done that you design as well that allows for your TB code to be placed on the coin wherever you want if you can't find a stock design you like.