How can I list my DNFs?

kbootb

You can list other people finds but not their DNF's I find that strange :D

I keep a list of my DNF's So I can try and find them all if they are available. (Just 1 to add from the weekend :D that was found 2 days after IN THE DARK!!! dont you just hate it when that happens :)<_<)

Edited by Deego

It's strange to me that other people's DNF's are somewhat coyly hidden. Some of my best caching experiences have been DNF's! I always find it odd when you see a find log and it's the cacher's 3rd attempt and they've logged no DNF's I would be genuinely interested to know whether I'm 10 times worse than most cachers at finding the things or whether it's just that I'm more honest. <_<

It's strange to me that other people's DNF's are somewhat coyly hidden. Some of my best caching experiences have been DNF's! I always find it odd when you see a find log and it's the cacher's 3rd attempt and they've logged no DNF's I would be genuinely interested to know whether I'm 10 times worse than most cachers at finding the things or whether it's just that I'm more honest. <_<

We have 59 DNFs - how bad is that??? Quite a few we will have subsequently found.

I agree though - I've lost count of the number of logs we've seen where the finder has said they've searched xxx times and have eventually found it but they have never logged any DNFs. We have also had contact with a lot of cachers who wanted clues for our caches because they couldn't find them, but there are no DNFs. Maybe we are just too honest.

Where we have had a chance to look for a cache and couldn't find it, we log a DNF, even so, I think our DNF score may be hard to beat! At a guess, I think the majority are micros where we often apply the 5 minute rule and then move on.

It's strange to me that other people's DNF's are somewhat coyly hidden. Some of my best caching experiences have been DNF's! I always find it odd when you see a find log and it's the cacher's 3rd attempt and they've logged no DNF's I would be genuinely interested to know whether I'm 10 times worse than most cachers at finding the things or whether it's just that I'm more honest. :)

We have 59 DNFs - how bad is that??? Quite a few we will have subsequently found.

I agree though - I've lost count of the number of logs we've seen where the finder has said they've searched xxx times and have eventually found it but they have never logged any DNFs. We have also had contact with a lot of cachers who wanted clues for our caches because they couldn't find them, but there are no DNFs. Maybe we are just too honest.

Where we have had a chance to look for a cache and couldn't find it, we log a DNF, even so, I think our DNF score may be hard to beat! At a guess, I think the majority are micros where we often apply the 5 minute rule and then move on.

We have 43 DNF's logged Toni, we have found most of them since though, so our percentage must be much higher than yours as you have been caching 3 years longer than us :D:o:D

We always log our (when I eventually get round to logging) DNF's or at least write a note of some description to say we have been there, maybe we couldn't look as there were too many folks about, but we always do something, to say we have been in the area, <_<

43 DNF's I have never looked at those before I an actually quite surprised, crap cachers us :P:)

Mandy :D

I’ve got 32, 20 of which I found the next time round; 6 I didn’t find a second time ‘cos they weren’t there and still aren’t; 3 MIAs that the owner checked immediately as a result of my DNF posting*; 1 ‘cos it was too dark but I’ll be back and 1 that three other cachers haven’t found recently either so it’s probably gone. Which leaves one that’s 300 miles away that I know is there. Aaaaagh.

*I can’t see why people won’t log DNfs though. Because they don’t want them to appear on their record page? Who cares? Who looks? At least if you log something the owner is made aware of a potential problem and others are less likely to be made to waste time looking for something that’s not there. Some people even change the DNF log after they find the cache. At least put a note there if you suspect a problem: I always check mine after the fisrt negative post – except this one.

50 DNF's for me and no congratulatory thread <_<. I'm proud to say there are some really easy caches I've failed on. It strikes me a lot of cachers are embarrrassed to record DNF's but I also think there are fewer DNF's due to incompetence because of the use of phone a friend.

I made use of a PAF on a 1:1 cache last week and STILL managed a DNF even though there were 2 of us looking!!!

That was 10 still remaining as DNFs that are still to be found.

There were about 10 others which we have gone back and found or were missing. That's out of abou 160 finds.

Haven't had a DNF since August.

Strange, there are 2 DNFs on this list I have no recollection of at all. Both on the same day...must have wiped the bad experience from my mind.

Edited by kbootb