Great Service in SA, Myth or Fact? Fact I says...

M@X Meerkat

Hey there all,

Everyone knows that service is rather lacking in this country. Generalisation I know, There are exceptions and I just dealt with one of them, Alfred from egadget. Sent a web request for some info and prices and he got back to me within an hour, even going so far as to phone me personally to speak to me. The prices he gave are the best I have seen so far in SA and I thought I should spread the word.

PM me if you want his contact details and / or website address.

Cheers

Mark (Alpha Male - M@X Meerkat)

What were you procuring?

Web based purchasing in SA is extremely frustrating as companies are loathe to publish their prices... it's always "send a request", "phone for price" etc. etc.

I was looking for a data cable for my SporTrak. It was not listed on the site so I contacted them to find out if they could get it. The price I was given was around 50% cheaper than all the other prices I was quoted so far.

I like my Magellan but the support and availability in this country is not the greatest. Will be switching to Garmin when I can afford it.

About 2 months ago my GPS died on me so I took it back to Cape Union Mart (The place where I bought it), they promised me 5 working days until it would be returned. I came back a week later, but the GPS was not ready yet as AVNIC had just returned from Christmas leave and had a backlog of broken units. I spoke to the manager of the store who personally phoned AVNIC immediately and organised a brand new GPS including the new maps right away. Thanks Cape Union Mart and AVNIC for fantastic service.