Mini Seashell Geocoins

ozymandiasism

So this is my next awesome project — The Mini Seashell geocoins!!

These little treasures are small. 1” by 1” and 4mm thick to be exact. A piece of gemstone will be attached to the base on the inside of the shell. As always, these geocoins will be trackable on geocaching.com, have custom prefix and custom icon

What do these little buddies look like? Well, we have a drawing for you here!!

382053829_944e78783b_b.jpg

These mini geocoins will fit in most film canisters and mini caches. Although I have yet to determine the final finishing and gemstones types on these seashells (isn’t it always the case!), it is likely that only a couple of plating options and gemstones to be available (in some sort of combinations).

Reservations for these cute Mini Seashell Geocoins will begin in the next couple of weeks and estimate shipping date will be early April.

Enjoy! :huh:

Very nice, unique design.

Really?

Maybe they will be finished like the seashells from the geocoinclub last year?

I was thinking that too. This one looks cooler, but its been done once already.

I agree - down to the pearl (which you'll want to be sure stays attached, unlike the GCC coins). And just to clarify - I'm not picking on the person, project, or design. I only meant it just isn't all that unique. Maybe everything old is new again ... in internet time, 6 months can be a lifetime!

I still have a coin and pin set if anyone wants it ...

Really?

I agree - down to the pearl (which you'll want to be sure stays attached, unlike the GCC coins). And just to clarify - I'm not picking on the person, project, or design. I only meant it just isn't all that unique. Maybe everything old is new again ... in internet time, 6 months can be a lifetime!

Oh really? I did a search a couple of months back and didn't find any seashell geocoins. hmmmm... I also always been away from the forum too...

Really?

Oh really? I did a search a couple of months back and didn't find any seashell geocoins. hmmmm... I also always been away from the forum too...

AHHH. Found a picture of it on the e-place. Yeah... it is a smiliar idea but I have to say it's a different design <_<

Thank you fior bringing that to my attention though. I do appreciate that!!!!

AHHH. Found a picture of it on the e-place. Yeah... it is a smiliar idea but I have to say it's a different design <_<

Thank you fior bringing that to my attention though. I do appreciate that!!!!

Let me know if you want to trade on of the GCCcoins and pins for one of your micros. Everyone should have a collection of seashells!

You need a nice little theme to put on this one, something like "Caching's a Beach", or "I shore love caching". Rotten puns, I know, but that's one of the things I do best :)

yeah... I thought about that too :mad: Started coming up with a bunch of themes but they all sounded pretty silly and wordy.... so I settled with just something simply :mad:

I think the seashell coin sounds very cool, so please don't take this as a criticism of your design...it's just late, and I got inspired to play with something that would definately be "different" than the GCC shell.

I'm posting it, but its very rough, and as I said, its just a random late-night idea :rolleyes:

shelledit.jpg

Edited by lindsychris

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend! An update... these mini seashell geocoins are coming along just fine and I shall receive some samples in a couple of weeks or so. Reservations for these little treasures are now open!

Coin stats:

Diameter: 1”

Thickness: 4mm

Weight: Determined upon receiving samples (these coins will be light)

Base Metal: Zinc Alloy

Seashell Types:

Dark Seashell

Black Nickel with red stone

White Seashell

Satin Silver with black stone

Aged Seashell

Antique Copper with black stone

Other features:

Trackable on geocaching.com

Custom prefix tracking code (DWXXXX)

Custom icon

Estimate Shipping Date: Mid-May, 2007

These little buddies are small. 1” by 1” and 4mm thick to be exsct. These mini geocoins will fit in most film canisters and mini caches. A piece of imitated gemstone will be attached to the base on the inside of the shell. As always, these geocoins will be trackable on geocaching.com, have custom prefix and custom icon

To reserve the Mini Seashell Geocoins, go here

There are still some Hong Kong Geocoins and Non-trackable Double Dragon coins available. To order, click on the website

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at derek@dwprods.com!

Thanks and have a great day!

d

OK.... these are some of the picturs of the top (or the front) of the mini seashell geocoins... We're using a temp. mold right now. As soon as I Oked them, they will make a perm. mold to avoid too many screwups. Now they can work on the bottom (or the inside) of the mold!!!!! LOL

They look awesome!!!

427819182_e664149bb7_o.jpg

427819226_cbaa6c235d_o.jpg

427819244_cbd604da2f_o.jpg

Edited by ozymandiasism

I got these sample images form the coin mint this morning and all I could say was... WOW.

They look GREAT!! and look so nice!! I should be receiving the samples by the end of next week. Can't wait to get them in my hands!!!! :laughing:

Here are some of the pictures:

White Seashell: Satin Silver finishing with Hematitie imitated gemstones

444157064_62cf23f781_o.jpg

Dark Seashell: Black Nickel finishing with Light Siam imitated gemstones

444163687_d7b9cfdeb7_o.jpg

Aged Seashell: Antique Copper finishing with Light Siam imitated gemstones

444163741_d7dc952c58_o.jpg

Sideview

444163787_c9c5967483_o.jpg

Track on geocaching.com

444163767_b78e0f6863_o.jpg

I have to say that the coin mnit did a great job on these coins!!! to reserve these Mini Seashell Geocoins, click HERE

thx!

That is one nice copper coin. The only way to get the Copper is to get the $45.00 package, YIKES ??? Would any one else like to chip in on the $45.00 set? That would get three of use 1 coin of each finish.

I'll go in on a 3rd with you!

:ph34r:

I'll go in on a 3rd with you also.

Windrose

That is one nice copper coin. The only way to get the Copper is to get the $45.00 package, YIKES ??? Would any one else like to chip in on the $45.00 set? That would get three of use 1 coin of each finish.

I'll go in on a 3rd with you also.

Windrose

Thank you, if you could please email me your addresses I will glady ship them to you when they arrive.

Very nice. For some reason, I thought that the "gem" would be an imitation pearl.

Thank you!

Yeah, I thought about using pearl.... but that would be rather... ordinary. I wanted to do something a bit more interesting.

Also, for 5mm diameter stones, they only have a few selections.... and pearl is actually not one of them, which is somewhat surprising to me.