Triple Dragon Geocoin

ozymandiasism

At this point, I’m sure most of you have heard about my adventure on creating the triple dragon geocoins. Problems after problems, and months after months of work spent and wasted. Finally, I got in touch with another coin manufacturer and started from scratch. So far, the results have been fruitful. I am happy to say that the Triple Dragon Geocoins sampling is now in process and I should be able to see some nice coins in a couple of weeks! Finally! Very exciting stuff!

I have always revised the artwork for both front and back of the coin. Here are the images:

382239214_f9c60c57d1_b.jpg

Click here for a bigger image

Sales should start in 3-4 weeks, but if you have not Reserve Your Triple Dragon Geocoin, do so and don't miss out! (I know there are only two-tones and antique finishing available on the reservations site as I have not made a final decision on plating)

Coin stats:

Diameter: 1.75"

Thickness: 3mm

Weight: ~1.7oz

Metal: (I have not made a final decision on finishing, but 5 plating would likely be available)

Two-tones

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

Antique Gold

Black Nickel (This coin will only be sold in a set)

Other features:

Trackable on geocaching.com

Custom prefix tracking code (DWXXXX)

Custom icon

Estimate Shipping Date: Early March, 2007

Please contact me at derek@dwprods.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!!

d

All right... I have received the samples from the mint. They are still not up to par.

Due to the holiday, I will be negotiating with the mint on Thursday.... Quite frankly I don't know how many more rounds of changes it will take.... but this is quite frustrating....

Thanks again for everyone's patience and I will keep you updated on any positive changes.

d

PS happy chinese new year everyone!

Hi there,

Hope everyrone is doing well today! After a few months of working on the Triple Dragon Geocoins, I can finally say that they should be ready in the very near future. I am still working on the next round of revision but if all things go well, these puppies should be on sale by mid-April!!!!

Availbale finishing for Triple Dragon Geocoins:

Two-tones

Antique Gold

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

Satin Silver (Only available in sold set)

Estimated shipping date: Mid-April

This is a picture of the work-in-process Triple Dragon Geocoins

417075092_14e2465000_b.jpg

Please bear in mind that images for these triple dragon geocoins do not represent the final products. I am still working on the next round of revisions to perfect some of the details. However, they will be very close to them so you would have a good idea of what they will look like. Also, these coins will be sandblasted!

Pricing

1-5: $8.95

6-10: $8.75

11+: $8.45

set: $45.00

If you have not reserved your Triple Dragon Geocoins, you can do so here.

**If you are interested in any antique finsihing, please be sure to specify on the comment field when you reserve the coins.**

Reservations for the Mini Seashell Geocoins will start in the next few days as well!!! Stay tune for more information!!!

Thank you very much for your patient and support! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at derek@dwprods.com

Have a great day!

d

http://www.dwprods.com

OK. As of today..... mass production for the triple dragon geocoins have begun!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :anitongue::anibad:

I should have pictures of the new coins by the end of next week! :D

One revision: The background will not be sandblasted as I hope it would. The coin mint cannot guarantee a smooth finishing. So I have decided not to sandblast the background afterall.

Estimate shipping date: April 16

Presales should start in the next couple of weeks. For those who have reserved the triple dragon coins would be able to make purchase before the general public.

If you have not made your reservations, you can reserve them here

Thanks again for you patience!!

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

FINALLY! The Triple Dragon Geocoins are now in mass productions and they should arrive in a couple of weeks! The estimated shipping date is April 16.

Here’s the picture

444650568_b4c067b11b.jpg

[/url]Buy your Triple Dragon Geocoins today!

Thank you very much for your patient and support! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Have a great day! And have fun caching!

d

My Triple Dragon Geocoins arrived this afternoon and I am really pleased; they look fantastic! :(

I think the Antique Silver is my personal favorite, in fact I've already activated it. :(

Awesome job Derek!

heya Tom,

Discovered your coin already! :)

As I said, I'm very glad they got to you so fast... I dropped these coins at the post office in the middle of Sunday night... I guess dropping them off at a postal distribution helps the process :mad:

Whew... I spent 30min at the PO today sending the international packages out.... that was painful.... and I spoke with 2 postal workers about the rate hike and how they would categorize the #000 mailers... and both of them do it differently.... one of them said it would large envelop and the other one said it would be considered a package.... they told me that they would "learn as they go"... which really don't give jme much confirence... :mad:

well, I guess we'll see.... anyways... all the inital sales packages have gone out!!!!!! YAY!

Edited by ozymandiasism

i'm not sure if anyone touched on this in another thread or not, but, is there a story that goes with the double dragon and the triple dragon geocoins?? mythological or symbolic significance?? just curious, since someone just gave me a triple dragon geocoin as a present, and i wanted to add more information to the coins webpage description. thanks.

i'm not sure if anyone touched on this in another thread or not, but, is there a story that goes with the double dragon and the triple dragon geocoins?? mythological or symbolic significance?? just curious, since someone just gave me a triple dragon geocoin as a present, and i wanted to add more information to the coins webpage description. thanks.

Well, I have always been a big dragon fan, hence the dragon design. As fas as the asian landscape background on both the double and triple dragon geocoin.... Being born in Hong Kong, I remember seeing a lot of chinese watercolor paintings with those awesome mountains.... and rivers... and temples and hosuees and trees and leaves.... and I wanted to put them on the back of the coin to give the dragon coins a n Asian theme