Texas County Challenge Coin and a cointest! - Win a free coin!

MustangJoni

We are pleased to announce the Texas County Challenge Coin. This coin pays tribute to the biggest 5/5 in the state of Texas! The Texas County Challenge, owned by M-T-P, will take you through 254 counties and it has been estimated that you will drive 40,000 miles to complete this cache!!

This coin is available in polished gold & polished nickel. A limited edition is also being minted for the first five to complete the challenge and the cache owner.

The Texas County Challenge coin is another great design by Will Nienke. He has designed other highly collectable designs such as: The Mexico Coin, The Route 66 Series (Oklahoma and Missouri), Louisiana, and many more.

Get your piece of caching history today at:

Gold: http://www.trackabletreasures.com/index.ph...amp;productId=3

Nickel: http://www.trackabletreasures.com/index.ph...amp;productId=2

Set: http://www.trackabletreasures.com/index.ph...amp;productId=5

Coin details:

Front text: "Texas County Challenge - 254 Counties - 254 Caches"

Back text: "Texas County Challenge - GCRX6F"

Finish: polished gold & polished nickel

Price: $8.95 or 1 of each metal: $16.95

Diameter: 1.75"

Thickness: 3mm

Trackable: Yes

Icon: Yes

TCCgoldfront.jpg

TCCgoldback.jpg

Edited by MustangJoni

Nice concept - so it's not limited to people who have completed the cache (or is there an alternate version for those people)?

No, we are doing an LE for the first 5 to complete the challenge. The non-LEs are open to the public. We offered this on the Texas boards first, then posted here this afternoon.

The cache being commemorated is awesome! I think it would be so amazing to be able to complete this cache. Texas has many varied terrains. You can cache in the desert, then in an hour or so, be in the Hill country, then along the coast! I love Texas!

Hmmm, I thought Texas was flat. :blink:

We don't have cars either. We ride horses where ever we go! LOL

We do have a lot of flat areas. We also have the Hill Country, which is around Austin. It is beautiful there! We have the Piney Woods, we have beaches, we have desert, we have huge urban areas. And a lot of cows!

This cache is the highest point in Texas.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f1-e53268bbf072

It isn't a 14er, but puts a nice set of lines on the topo!

Just a hint Mustang Joni You may want to block out the tracking number on your picture, unless its just a sample number. But it doesn't look like it. Just thought I would help... :blink:

Thanks so much for your order! We appreciate it!

That isn't the tracking number though, it is the GC number for the cache we are highlighting.

Again thanks!

Just a hint Mustang Joni You may want to block out the tracking number on your picture, unless its just a sample number. But it doesn't look like it. Just thought I would help... :huh:

That isn't the tracking number though, it is the GC number for the cache we are highlighting.

Again thanks!

Yeah... I might be retarded...

Just a hint Mustang Joni You may want to block out the tracking number on your picture, unless its just a sample number. But it doesn't look like it. Just thought I would help... :huh:

Again thanks!

Yeah... I might be retarded...

No you aren't! I got an email from someone else that thought the same thing! Not a biggie!

Okay, lets have a little "cointest" LOL

Winner gets their choice of a gold or nickel Texas County Challenge coin.

Let's play "Name the Cowboys New Head Coach"

The Dallas Cowboys will be announcing a new head coach any day now. The first person to name him, wins their choice Texas County Challenge coins.

One guess per person. The first guess with the right answer wins. One guess per person!

Any guesses until it is announced are good.

Okay, lets have a little "cointest" LOL

Winner gets their choice of a gold or nickel Texas County Challenge coin.

Let's play "Name the Cowboys New Head Coach"

Unfortunately, it's been awhile since I've lived in the "unofficial" part of east Texas, so I don't get to hear any Cowboys gossip. I guess I'll go with Wade Phillips because Wikipedia says he might get wish.

Where in Texas is MJ? :rolleyes:

Okay, here is a little puzzle. Where in Texas am I? Translate the puzzle below, and you will find a location.

There is something interesting at that location! Let me know what the puzzle says and what is at that location. First person to post this information will win their choice of a nickel or gold Texas County Challenge Coin!

Good luck!

N O N E X O F E T T R I Z Y H T F E S R H T R I E T Y O X E H T W F T I W E I W R O S F O T T T T Z Y W N Y E T O I S R W O N I O

Congrats Red Otter and Cinema Boxers. These should be shipped on the 21st! I haven't heard from POS yet?

Also, for those outside the US, we are only charging the domestic rate! What a bargain!

Sorry you did not hear from me. We have been sick around here. I PMed you right now.

Wow....I am shocked! Thanks for the contest and I am looking forward to the very nice coin.

Congrats to Red Otter & Cinema Boxers! :huh:

We are down to 15 nickel coins left! I'm sending some to an event this weekend, and I'm betting there will be no more left after that!

Edit to add: We may make more available later, because I've held a few in case there were any shipping issues.

Edited by MustangJoni

Looks like they are very close to awarding a FTF on the cache that this coin commemorates! Txoilgas, who is a great cacher and friend, logged a cache in his 254th county yesterday. He estimates that he drove 15,000 miles (so our estimate of 40,000 was a little off, we were just guessing anyway!)

The cache owner will do a little verification, and give TOG the coordinates to the final. Then it will be a done deal!

This is quite an accomplishment! Kudos to TOG!