Green Gecko and My Precious

Rupert2

I think I know why ...

How about sending each of us private email then? It would be about 20 emails but, heck, cut-n-paste is your friend.

I dunno - I think that other people speculating and "maybe-ing" really isn't a good idea. That just leads to gossip and creates more problems than it solves. Perhaps emailing green gecko privately, perhaps with the link to this thread, would be a better idea. Especially if it were worded along the lines of "gee, we really will miss you and loved your caches; did we do something wrong, is it something we can maybe fix or help with?"

Speculation on others' parts feels way too much like "Accident rubbernecking", and is the quickest way to make sure he (the only person with the real answer) will stay away.

I think I know why ...

How about sending each of us private email then? It would be about 20 emails but, heck, cut-n-paste is your friend.

I dunno - I think that other people speculating and "maybe-ing" really isn't a good idea. That just leads to gossip and creates more problems than it solves. Perhaps emailing green gecko privately, perhaps with the link to this thread, would be a better idea. Especially if it were worded along the lines of "gee, we really will miss you and loved your caches; did we do something wrong, is it something we can maybe fix or help with?"

Speculation on others' parts feels way too much like "Accident rubbernecking", and is the quickest way to make sure he (the only person with the real answer) will stay away.

Well I heard this from the horses mouth. and it is on the other fourm is were I posted what I heard.

I think I know why ...

Well I heard this from the horses mouth. and it is on the other fourm is were I posted what I heard.

I've been in the other forum, but for some reason I can not find the thread for GG's archived caches. Can anyone help me and let me know what thread? Thank You..

Butterflyangel

I think I know why ...

I still think that secondhand (or third-, fourth-, fifth-, etc.) info is not the best way to get information. Too much danger of the whole "Telephone Game" problem - no matter how much we try to impart "Just The Facts, Ma'am", everyone puts their spin on what they heard and pretty soon it gets spun into something totally different. Best to just post a link to a thread where GG himself gave his reasoning.

EDIT: I've checked out the indianageocaching forums myself. Greengecko / My Precious has NOT posted there to give his reasoning. The thread about his caches is 4 pages of speculation by other people.

Edited by PAWSitraction

I think I know why ...

I still think that secondhand (or third-, fourth-, fifth-, etc.) info is not the best way to get information. Too much danger of the whole "Telephone Game" problem - no matter how much we try to impart "Just The Facts, Ma'am", everyone puts their spin on what they heard and pretty soon it gets spun into something totally different. Best to just post a link to a thread where GG himself gave his reasoning.

I agree, that's what I'm saying on the other forum.

It's not really our business, it's a matter between GG & MC.

I think I know why ...

Well the info I got was from GG own fourm/ site! he posted it himself about what happened.

so would you call that 2nd hand??

I think I know why ...

Exactly. And if GG wants to explain why he archived all his caches, then he'll say something. Otherwise, it's just unseemly gossiping.

I think I know why ...

Exactly. And if GG wants to explain why he archived all his caches, then he'll say something. Otherwise, it's just unseemly gossiping.

He allready has on his site

that is were i got my info.

I think I know why ...

SECOND REQUEST FOR A LINK TO A THREAD / POST ANYWHERE BY GREEN GECKO GIVING HIS REASONS, PLEASE.

And yes, if all you're repeating here is something you read or heard that we cannot access, then it's still unsubstantiated gossip. Sorry, but that's the way it works.

<hijack>

Hey Paws, Just making sure you guy's seen the thread for the Spring Picnic at Potato Creek, the cache page is up and running!! Get your reservations early. We are going to be in Section "E", Family Electric. Hope to see you there :blink:

Gonna try, but no guarantees! I just got a new job and I'm not eligible for any vacation time for at least 6 months. I'm hoping I can finagle a day off for GeoBash!

</hijack>

I dont mean to be nasty, but what is the big deal of My precious, green gecko, who or what ever his name is, leaving. His caches are nearly impossibe to figure out, much less find. I am glad now that every time i log on to wabash's page, i dont see Childs Play--------------never been found.

I dont mean to be nasty, but what is the big deal of My precious, green gecko, who or what ever his name is, leaving. His caches are nearly impossibe to figure out, much less find. I am glad now that every time i log on to wabash's page, i dont see Childs Play--------------never been found.

Then don't be. You can use the ignore feature.

Then don't be. You can use the ignore feature.

Well said!

Of course then we get the cachers that wanted his caches archived now asking to adopt them. I may have never solved any of his puzzles, but I never wanted them removed!

I never gave up on the cache things weren't adding up I have made it pretty far with the cache and people do make mistakes, but I never gave up. Just a game its hard to tell people's demeaner over the computer you know what I mean

Yes, it is sad that all those caches are now gone. even though just looking at the cache pages made me cringe with worry and fear, i still read them endelessly trying to figure something out. those caches were like holy grails that someday i might be good enough to figure out. now, i can only hope that there are equal challenges to face in the future.

t c

even though i never knew him, or solved any of his caches, it is sad to see someone like that go...someone who obvously provided a lot of challenge for people.

I think I know why ...

SECOND REQUEST FOR A LINK TO A THREAD / POST ANYWHERE BY GREEN GECKO GIVING HIS REASONS, PLEASE.

And yes, if all you're repeating here is something you read or heard that we cannot access, then it's still unsubstantiated gossip. Sorry, but that's the way it works.

Sorry, actually, that's NOT the way it works, but I suspect you know that..You come dangerously close to calling a fellow cacher a liar when you talk like that. GG apparently doesn't want his forum linked to from here. Instead of talking trash, why don't you PM the cacher you dissed and ask for the link?

I think I know why ...

I have the link and still can not find where it is in the site. <_<

I suggest moving this discussion to indianageocaching.com. Obviously Groundspeak wants no negative discussion on their site.

No offense, that sight is a pain for me to read. I spent a couple of hours last night reading five pages of posts on the matter and every line of almost every post I had to scroll left, back right, scroll left back right to read it. None of the nurmerous other Forums I read have that trouble, why is yours to wide for my screen? And don't tell me to change my resolution, space requirements here keep me about six feet away from my monitor, I make it any smaller I can't read it. <_<

I suggest moving this discussion to indianageocaching.com. Obviously Groundspeak wants no negative discussion on their site.

No offense, that sight is a pain for me to read. I spent a couple of hours last night reading five pages of posts on the matter and every line of almost every post I had to scroll left, back right, scroll left back right to read it. None of the nurmerous other Forums I read have that trouble, why is yours to wide for my screen? And don't tell me to change my resolution, space requirements here keep me about six feet away from my monitor, I make it any smaller I can't read it. <_<

Doug,

The only reason this thread was started was becasue thing started becomming ugly in the "Hello Indiana CAchers" forum.

I have to agree with Blackbeard. These new IN-GEO forums are all but impossible for me to read without scrolling left for every line. I realize that you were having trouble with the old forums but they were fantastic. Is this a temporary fix or is this it?

Agreed, but the thread in the IN-GEO forums has been closed (locked).

Do not blame Doug, I started and I locked it. One side of the party has responded and it will be unlocked for the other side, if he would like to responded. Intil then it will be locked. <_<

As many are aware I have recently stepped away from local geocaching. Over the last few years I have spoken often in cryptic text and hopefully challenged you to think on your own. In parting I now speak in plain text but still hopefully challenge you to think on your own.

elog

I appreciate the support I have received from my geocaching friends!

As many are aware I have recently stepped away from local geocaching. Over the last few years I have spoken often in cryptic text and hopefully challenged you to think on your own. In parting I now speak in plain text but still hopefully challenge you to think on your own.

elog

I appreciate the support I have received from my geocaching friends!

You may be ugly, but I, for one, believe you to be an honorable little whateveryouare. They done you wrong. :rolleyes:

As it was not my position to say anything. Rank came from the reviewer. Those emails in the elog had nothing to do with Child's play as I thought another cacher did solve it. My emails were for The Hunting of Snark. There was a failure to post a email before my first and a email after my last. I have sent my precious/gg an email.

reviewer gets e-mails from some what newbies about a cache thay can't find/solve

reviewer sends cords to people he trust to check on the cache and see if it is still there and to shut the newbs up and them to solve it.

one of the trusted people e-mails mp to get him going (I would have done it to lol)

mp freeks out cause he don't know how the cords got to the trusted person.

trusted person e-mails mp sorry just poking fun

mp not happy gets rid of all his caches

Bottom line

1.what do you you expect newbs to solve a 5 star cache in a week that takes people months to solve.

2.trusted person should have not e-mailed mp to poke fun at him with the cords.

If no e-mail from trusted person we would not be talking about this.

3. what to do about this???? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by Buddaman

As it was not my position to say anything. Rank came from the reviewer. Those emails in the elog had nothing to do with Child's play as I thought another cacher did solve it. My emails were for The Hunting of Snark. There was a failure to post a email before my first and a email after my last. I have sent my precious/gg an email.

I understand the meaning of all the words above, but when you string them together into sentence fragments, they become meaningless to me, except for the last one. . What the heck are you talking about? (It's only a game). :rolleyes:

I understand the meaning of all the words above, but when you string them together into sentence fragments, they become meaningless to me, except for the last one. . What the heck are you talking about? (It's only a game). :rolleyes:

Oh, good, someone else didn't understand this... I though it was a My Precious hint for some puzzle. :huh:

I understand the meaning of all the words above, but when you string them together into sentence fragments, they become meaningless to me, except for the last one. . What the heck are you talking about? (It's only a game). :o

Hey old man did you hit the wrong quote button

I did that to make points.

it was quicker for me to do it that way :o:o:o:rolleyes:;):huh:

I understand the meaning of all the words above, but when you string them together into sentence fragments, they become meaningless to me, except for the last one. . What the heck are you talking about? (It's only a game). :o

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing, whippersnapper. You did what to make points, and what's that got to do with me?

it was quicker for me to do it that way :o:o:o:huh::):o

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing, whippersnapper. You did what to make points, and what's that got to do with me?

Oh just never mind. ;):PB)

Oh, I see. No, I did not hit the wrong quote button. Your post, Buddaman, was quite lucid. I was GCHound' sthat I couldn't make any sense of.

1. I was under the impression the cacher did solve the puzzle.

2. The posts of my emails on the elog had nothing to do with Child's play cache, they were for The Hunting of Snark. Their was two emails left off the elog page.

3. It was not my position to post the facts, that was the another cachers position.