Something for all you micro haters

wolfbait

Lol... I just noticed the general hate of micros... I'm not saying all micros are evil... just a lot of them

I can't think of many people who hate micros. There are a lot of people who hate lame, uninspired caches in unappealing areas regardless of size. It so happens that the overwhelming majority of these are micros.

I can't think of many people who hate micros. There are a lot of people who hate lame, uninspired caches in unappealing areas regardless of size. It so happens that the overwhelming majority of these are micros.

Exactly. There are countless micros that highlight something worth visiting, in an area at which a regular sized cache wouldn't work. With micros, there just tends to be a lot more "filler" that drowns out the good ones.

Lol... I just noticed the general hate of micros... I'm not saying all micros are evil... just a lot of them

Ooh ooh... I want to try...

a489e6c7-3b25-4630-8991-881cfcb2462c.jpg

:blink:

uh - thanks (I think).

I won't be using them, I am not all that fond of micros but they do have a place in our little addiction. Now make me some cool anti-lame cache icons and I would use those. Maybe even a "This is not a film can tossed in a bush from moving car icon".

Okay, I whipped this up. What do you think?

nobadmicro.png

I like it!

uh - thanks (I think).

I won't be using them, I am not all that fond of micros but they do have a place in our little addiction. Now make me some cool anti-lame cache icons and I would use those. Maybe even a "This is not a film can tossed in a bush from moving car icon".

nobadmicro.png

I like it!

Not the funniest thing ever. But dadgum close to it. :blink:

All very good icons - are they free to copy and use? If so I will contact President Hugh Mungus of the He Man Micro Haters Club of NWPA (HMMHC)and inform him of the wonderful icons that everyone has been nice enough to share :huh:

The WNY chapter of the HMMHCf9928d20-66ce-427c-b601-7c62b84f367c.jpg

Edited by bogleman

Ok, I understand the general loathing of micros...but they don't really bug me too much...like someone else already said, "Placement is key."

Now....NANO caches....forget it. I don't even see the point in hiding something the size of a new pencil eraser. :huh:

Anything that can be lost for good ON a bed of pea gravel isn't worth the search.

Anyhoo, just my 2 cents.

You know maybe the reason why people don't like micro's is that they can't find them so they hate them.. I can't seem to figure out Puzzel caches but that does mean i hate them and think that should be banned.. Micro's are just an added challenge granted micro in the woods is retarded yes, Micro's have their place in this Game.. So just get over it! if you don't like them, don't do them! simple as that.. thats what i did for the longest time with Puzzel caches, until i had someone kind of explain them to me and how to figure them out! hell i still filter out puzzle caches so i don't have to do them.. what ever thats just me...... :huh:

As clarification, I personally have no problem with micros. My sign's original intention is "This Micro was not just tossed onto a roadside from a moving car" not "Micros suck"

I'm considering making a set, maybe 4 (to make a nice square) that good-micro placers can put in their cache pages. What are the 4 worst micros? Lamp posts, hanging on a tree branch, roadside, and what? Or can you think of more?

If I have time, I can even whip 'em up tonight.

(Aside: What does a lamp post cache look like? Are they taped to them, or inside the little access panel, or what? I've never seen one)

(Aside #2: I don't mind most micros hanging on trees. I've seen some good ones and at least you don't have to bend over to pick them up. So if you can come up with enough to take that off the list, I won't mind :huh: )

Edited by Retcon

I have a "micro" out there. Its only micro cause of how I can't really put anything for trades in it. I did put a few things. But I don't care about trades or anything I put in it.

But it isn't a bison tube (and I have one i can use). It isn't a film cannister (and I could have used that) or an altoids tin (don't have one. I have a smaller mint tin I can use :huh: )

What it is is a decorative "marble" I found at a dollar store. I was looking for swag and found it instead. Its about the size of a tennis ball or baseball and because of the colour, it can and does dissapear into fallen leaves.

I hope it hangs around for a while. :P

Because it's winter and he's driving with the windows open.

Agreed. I think a better question is why is the guy on the RESTROOM sign wearing mittens? <_<

Buuut, to keep the post within the topic, and just ask a curiosity question...

Think Episode I: Is that "LEGAL"?

Meaning, does posting an image like the one in the OP on a cache page promote an agenda or am I stretching that too far?

*speling edit

Edited by The Vargman

I hate most micros.

I've seen some good ones, even have one on my favorites bookmarks. But most are bad.

If they are in a parking lot, under a lamp skirt, they are lame.

if they are thrown somewhere with no thought or effort, they are lame.

if they are in a woods, where a regular size cache should be, they are lame.

my town is probably the capital of micros, and almost all of them suck. <_<

I hate most micros.

I've seen some good ones, even have one on my favorites bookmarks. But most are bad.

If they are in a parking lot, under a lamp skirt, they are lame.

if they are thrown somewhere with no thought or effort, they are lame.

if they are in a woods, where a regular size cache should be, they are lame.

my town is probably the capital of micros, and almost all of them suck. <_<

Wow, such strong feelings. Of course, if I felt that strongly, I would merely sort out the micros and happily live with the rest.

Now make me some cool anti-lame cache icons and I would use those. Maybe even a "This is not a film can tossed in a bush from moving car icon".

nobadmicro.png

LOVE IT!!! :rolleyes:

It's good, but I think a bush and maybe some text would add a little "je ne sais quoi". :huh:

Now make me some cool anti-lame cache icons and I would use those. Maybe even a "This is not a film can tossed in a bush from moving car icon".

nobadmicro.png

LOVE IT!!! :huh:

It's good, but I think a bush and maybe some text would add a little "je ne sais quoi". :rolleyes:

You obviously missed:

thismicrodoesntsuck.png

I'm going to redo the bush eventually, and may throw the geoaching colors behind it just to see how it looks.

Here are three fighting the micro Icons I made in photoshop. Feel free to use them on your cache pages. Thanks Wolfbait.

SmallCache.jpgRegularCache.jpgLargeCache.jpg

Thanks for the label. I printed the small one on a label and wrapped around a micro container I am going to hide. :anitongue:

Loch Cache

Would like to find that one. We love to find caches that make us laugh. Most of all we like to find caches that make us laugh at ourselves.