Geocoinlists enough but......

Team Professor X

The order that geocoins are listed on a profile by it's graphic id # (or better yet I suspect an unseen id number that closely represent (but not completely) the ids of the graphics (icons)) is pretty much the order that they were made, or atleast submitted for approval to gc.com. I've maintained a list here, but stopped updating it when gc.com created their new trackables section as it now lists all of the icons.

http://ca.geocities.com/geocachingcanada/geocoinicons.htm

I know the icon lists in profile used to be pretty much in order but now it seems that every time I go to the trackables page with the icons they are in some new different order.

So I do not think you can go by that anymore. They seems to be moving the icons all around...there is no rhyme nor reason to it. :unsure:

Has anyone else noticed that?

The icons listing in your profiles isn't accurate anyway because it does shift and is based on when the icon was submitted as well... meaning the former PC-trackable coins that received custom icons over the last several months are not in their original order at all and some of those are the earliest trackable personals.

Also, an icon list doesn't include all the non-trackable coins, many of which are some of the oldest coins next to moun10bike.

Edited by AtlantaGal

The order that geocoins are listed on a profile by it's graphic id # (or better yet I suspect an unseen id number that closely represent (but not completely) the ids of the graphics (icons)) is pretty much the order that they were made, or atleast submitted for approval to gc.com. I've maintained a list here, but stopped updating it when gc.com created their new trackables section as it now lists all of the icons.

http://ca.geocities.com/geocachingcanada/geocoinicons.htm

I guess everyone's hitting your site Res2100 because the server won't let me in! Says you've exceeded your data transfer limit. :unsure: I hope this isn't a burden on you because I'd really like to see the list. Please don't take it down. :P

I guess everyone's hitting your site Res2100 because the server won't let me in! Says you've exceeded your data transfer limit. :blink: I hope this isn't a burden on you because I'd really like to see the list. Please don't take it down. :ph34r:

I guess I have too much stuff hosted on my yahoo site...I think the limit resets every hour, so if that message comes up just wait an hour. I just tried it and it was working.

Last time I updated the list was mid November. I liked the list, but feel it is somewhat duplicated at gc.com now. When you click on http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoin.aspx and then select All Geocoins below the map and then Click here to view all Geocoin Types, it displays a list of all the icons and coins that are listed on gc.com in alphabetical order.

Maybe I will continue my list if people find it useful...it was fun to do and see what new icons popped up every week.

Edited by res2100

The icons listing in your profiles isn't accurate anyway because it does shift and is based on when the icon was submitted as well... meaning the former PC-trackable coins that received custom icons over the last several months are not in their original order at all and some of those are the earliest trackable personals.

Also, an icon list doesn't include all the non-trackable coins, many of which are some of the oldest coins next to moun10bike.

Right... <_<, so profiles don't help anymore. I hope most of the coins are still in my head since the first geocoin in The Netherlands, November 2005. Maybe my Gmail and USforum will help to complete the story. Thanks so far :blink: