Password will not sync up

TheBacks

I recently changed my password in geocaching.com, but my password in the forums will not change. I did as instructed and went directly to the forums right after changing the password so that it would update there, but I still need to use the old password. Any suggestions?

I recently changed my password in geocaching.com, but my password in the forums will not change. I did as instructed and went directly to the forums right after changing the password so that it would update there, but I still need to use the old password. Any suggestions?

I had almost the same kind of problem. I changed my name on geocaching.com a while back and it never synched up that or my pw with the forums. So if you find something out let me know. :laughing:

Jayman11

You have to use the "forums" link in the navigation bar on the left-side of the main geocaching website to make the info sync between the two sites. If you go directly to the forums via a bookmark, the info won't be sync'd.

Already tried that. I changed my password, clicked the link on the left to go to the forums, got the page with the information about registering, clicked the link at the bottom to proceed to the forums... No go. :laughing: It still will not accept my new password. I have tried this several times. Please Help!

I've been having the same problem for months. After sending several E-mails, Eventually I got this response on December 8th

Hi Chris,

This issue has been submitted as a bug to our development team. I'm afraid that there's nothing more I can do at this time.

Eric

Groundspeak Inc

Ticket Details

===================

Ticket ID: NCF-148229

Department: Geocaching

Priority: Low

Did you notice the priority level?

Maybe you will have better luck then me.

There was also another incident where a member was having a similar problem. His problem was handled quickly. See old thread here

If you first eneterd a password in geocaching.com that has uppercase and lowercase and spaces you may notice that you can skip the case and spaces when logging into geocaching.com, but not so with the forums. The password used when logging into the forums MUST be EXACTLY spelled out the way you first defined it in geocaching.com.

It worked fine for me. When you "went directly to the forums" do you mean that you clicked on the "forums" link on geocaching.com while logged in? That page is where you need to go to update the information in the forums.

Yes, it's a pain and not as intuitive. That's why we're moving off these forums into another one so we can better manage logins. I feel your pain.