1st personal geocoin

steel city babes

Great coin! :(

But I’m a bit puzzled.

A penguin (stuck?) coming out of an igloo? ;)

Penguins – southern hemisphere. Igloos – northern hemisphere.

I’m all for the inclusion of something from the southern hemisphere, but why like this?

You are correct, except that the arena (Mellon Arena) the Pittsburgh Penguins play in is referred to as "The Iglo". The fact that the penquin is stuck I'm sure has more to do with the fact that the hockey team is stuck in a small, old facility and are desperately trying to get out of it into a new arena. OK, enough of the hockey team problems.

Oops! Almost forgot to mention that I love the coin, can't wait to trade!

Edited by TMOCM

Great coin! :(

But I’m a bit puzzled.

A penguin (stuck?) coming out of an igloo? ;)

I’m all for the inclusion of something from the southern hemisphere, but why like this?

You are correct, except that the arena (Mellon Arena) the Pittsburgh Penguins play in is referred to as "The Iglo". The fact that the penquin is stuck I'm sure has more to do with the fact that the hockey team is stuck in a small, old facility and are desperately trying to get out of it into a new arena. OK, enough of the hockey team problems.

Oops! Almost forgot to mention that I love the coin, can't wait to trade!

That is so COOL!!! We'd love to trade for this coin!

Great coin! B)

But I’m a bit puzzled.

A penguin (stuck?) coming out of an igloo? B)

Okay, We just wanted to clarify our reasons behind our personal geocoin...so no one is puzzled.

WE, the Steel City Babes, are from Pittsburgh, PA. I personally came up with the idea for the design and had a designer make it happen.

The front of the coin depicts all the major professional sports teams based in Pittsburgh as YemonYime, Anthus, and TMOCM alluded to in their posts.

WE are active fans of all the major professional sports in Pittsburgh. (Football -Steelers, Hockey- Penguins, and Baseball- Pirates) We attempted to create a coin that depicted our roots here in Pittsburgh and was cache related. The "igloo" is very much symbolic of the name given to the Arena where the Penguins play hockey. Which in Pittsburgh is a hot topic considering this may be the last season the Penguins are in Pittsburgh do to the fact the "Igloo" is the oldest playing venue in the NHL and the owners are looking to move the Penguins to a city with a newer arena. I personally would be bummed :laughing: ....Love the Penguins.

The post by OROBORUS - "Very nice! Does the map depict a real cache location?"

Got us thinking about the 3 Rivers of Pittsburgh, which are very much a part of Pittsburgh's geography....as indicated in our response to OROBORUS's post... "It very well could considering we are the city with 3 rivers." I have contacted the designer at this time to update the Treasure map on the backside of the coin to hopefully represent the confluence of the 3 rivers of Pittsburgh. I got a few e-mails from pghlooking and TMOCM referencing the same point. SO stay tuned for updated artwork for the backside of the coin.

Well hopefully this puts things in perspective for those wondering where we were coming from in regards to the design.

We want to thank everyone for their kind words on the design and off course the suggestions.

Now on to the details: All I know at this time is I will be selling them personally there will be 250 of these trackable coins minted with their own icon.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a response to bvnlj’s post, (which I know you are all dying to find out B) )

Hi Trasi,

Do you have any more specifics on your "burgh" coin.... size, metals, thickness, approximate cost, and when we can expect to see them for sale?

Thanks for the Pittsburgh themed coin

Very nice

Lois jean

Please be patient I hope to have all this information posted sometime this week. Once I sign the contract (which is top priority consider the forum 'Non Authorized Anthus firefighter coins' this opened my eyes and I had a lot of questions), I will begin taking orders through my e-mail. Once the coins are in my possession, I will then send pay pal invoices to the customer's who have pre-ordered and we will go from there.

Hopefully this is a little more specific and answers some questions about the actual design.

Any additional questions please feel free to post and I will respond in a more timely manner. I didn't want to post any replies, until everyone out there, had a chance to view and make suggestions for our very 1st personal geocoin.

Thanks once again,

Steel City Babes

Trasi :laughing:

SCB#8

Will you be doing any trading?

If so I would suggest you decide ahead of time how many you will be trading and establishing those trades early. This way you will be able to trade for the coins you want for your collection.

Too many times I have not been able to establish a trade with the owner only to have them come back later wanting to trade. By then I have excepted a trade for thier coins from someone else and unable to trade with the owner of the coin.

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

steelcity2.jpg

This is the updated artwork on the coin. The back of the coin now depicts the 3 rivers of Pittsburgh.

Hopefully, sometime with in the next 24 to 48 hours, I can have the details on the coins and start the pre-ordering, trade requests, etc. I am finalizing the details with my vendor at this time. Please stay tuned.

Once again thanks.

Steel City Babes

Okay here are the details..........the moment you have all been waiting for :ph34r: OH that is me..... :ph34r:

steelcityFinal.jpg

We had a few updates on the artwork: I had the wrong date that we started geocaching and now the 3 rivers are depicted on the back of the coin.

Dimensions: 1.75 inches round

Thickness: 3.5mm

Enameling: imitation hard

Trackable: Yes

Unique Icon: Yes – steelcityicon32a.jpg

Metals: Gold – 100

Silver – 100

Black Nickel – LE – 50 (I am going to use these for prospective trades)

I have a profile on www.geocoincollection.com

All pricing in US dollars:

Price: $8.50 per coin (tax for PA residents)

Shipping and Handling:

* USA - $2.00 the first coin, $1.00 for each additional coin.

* International - S/H to be determined on individual basis.

(Sorry about this, I never shipped overseas.)

Payment type: PayPal only.

Even if you expressed interest on this post for my personal geocoin. I asking you submit requests through my profile on www.geocaching.com. This way I have all the information needed for billing and shipping.

Metal type and quantity of each metal?

Caching Name:

Street:

City:

State:

Zip:

PayPal e-mail address:

I will submit invoices through paypal once I have the coins in hand and they are ready to be shipped.

We believe we will have coins in hand by late February or early March. Chinese holiday halts production coming up for 5 days.

I have received some requests for a trade sent directly to my e-mail from my www.geocaching.com profile. I will be contacting Team Sand Dollar and Anthus shortly in regards to these trades if I missed someone or deleted someone please send another e-mail.

Thanks to all,

Trasi

Steel City Babes

:blink: