Geocacher's Top Speeeeeeddddssss!

Team_Farmers

Just a quick post after Crystal Fairy's Mazda Adventure Event Cache:

We couldn't help but notice that the top 10 winners tended to have a very high speed logged on their GPSr... or maybe it was just part of the strategy :)

Our winner, and top-speeder of the day, LOC:

97835a63-9d26-4e07-84a7-6657c8e3196b.jpg

yes, that does say 180 km/h!

Rod n Joan also gave them a good fight @ 162km/h

ee2b9bf9-bde1-47e5-8d02-7954cc3540ad.jpg

Team TGF was also a little scary @ 142 km/h

9c352e20-ae95-4e0a-9828-a354c8b78b76.jpg

Any other geocacher think they could beat them?

:):(;)

Sorry this can not be communalised to the "Top10", checking our log records from the event our top speed was even far less than 100 kmh and averaged 26 kmh for our total distance of 64,2 km for the event. We rather enjoy the surrounding than speeding along to beat other cachers for points. Cache-Fan actually took one of the longest time to complete our chosen lap, stopping along the way for cool drinks but still came in 10th.

Sorry Guys, will supply Garmin log on request.

Greetings from cache Fan

B)B);)

(Not that i approve of breaking the speed limit but hey...we are human and hopefully we dont drive like that all the time ,or too often. I DO NOT WISH TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE ABOUT THIS IN FURTHER POSTS FOR THE PC BRIGADE)

No wonder you guys took so long ! You were crawling along.... :P

See my top speed.......(Flying to Iceland that is)....

Regards,

Tox

Photo75.jpg

Looks to me as if the "outjies" have not grown out af bragging yet. Their reckless driving would have ruined my first day geocaching if fate stepped in. As I have also been on the same roads busy driving, parking on the side and crossing the road to do caching - such irresponsible and unlawfull behaviour is alarming. If stong action is not taken against this sort of behaviour then I would have to rethink my participation in Event caching. I must agree with "Brick" - disqualify the guilty.

LeonW

Edited by LeonW

I often leave my eXplorist 210 plugged in and turned on in my car for days at a time. I have the 210 set up with a custom display showing current speed, top speed (since last power up), and average speed.

One day last week I got in the car and noticed that the 210 showed a top speed of 387 MPH. I drive a sports car, but I don't think it went that fast sitting in my garage...

I took a picture of it but can't find it at the moment or I'd post it .

DconBlueZ

One day last week I got in the car and noticed that the 210 showed a top speed of 387 MPH. I drive a sports car, but I don't think it went that fast sitting in my garage...

hmmm... interesting... must be because of the accuracy jumping around... cos I don't think LOC could've reached 180km/h in their little peugot (unless it's equipped with rocket fuel :rolleyes: ), or Brick's GPSr go beyond the speed of sound (unless he's got a superman costume under his clothing, and wears red underwear over his jean pant :lol: )