Geocache or Waymarking?

davy boy

I like both. Virtuals and Locationlesses were becoming unmanageable as caches.

Creating a waymark is the equivalent of finding a locationless, and finding a waymark is the equivalent of finding a virtual, nice solution all in one.

So, it may not be everyone's thing, so what? This cache is really just a multi that allows you to log the waypoints separately, I like it.

It may get more people into Waymarking, it may get flamed, but it's there for people to do.

Is this not just another way of getting people to do Waymarking,Waymarking on Dartmoor.

My thoughts exactly when I saw this one appear.

I have no interest in Waymarking but I will do this one at some point just because it is on Dartmoor.

I don't believe you have to log your visits on Waymarking.com in order to claim the cache so I suppose it's no different than a multi except that the coordinates for the stages are not listed on the page, you have to get them from the relevent waymark page.

I hope this doesn't become a common type of cache though or else we could end up with "local" caches where you have to visit waymarks 100's of miles away in order to log the cache. At least with this one they are all on Dartmoor.

I think it's a good way to introduce Waymarking to a generally unenthusiastic Geocaching market.. if you don;t like it don't do it, but I see no harm in it.

I have to say i enjoy puzzle caches, to each his/her own, like Plymplodders I love being outdoors and walking..though in the evenings or when it's raining I love the challenge of a puzzle cache.

However much one tries every cache will never appeal to everyone so I think we need to learn to ignore the ones we don't enjoy doing and do the ones that we do.

Now come on Pete, come and find Rudolph II!!!