"Crappy" Give-away!

gridlox

In reply to wyohunter's Wyoming 2007 geocoin idea a reference was made to Richard Dreyfuss's character Roy in "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" making the Devil's Tower out of mashed potatoes.

To which I replied:

That was one of my all time favorite movies. So, I'll have to get one of these coins just for that simple fact. (Devil's Tower)

50 bonus points for namimg the soap opera that was on TV as he finishing the huge sculpture in the livingroom AND 100 more for naming the product in the commercial right before the news break anouncing the fake military train crash!!

^^A litttle something to test your memory^^

First person to PM me the correct answer for both gets a "Crappy Cache" coin.

Well after 4 guesses we finally have a winner!!

CinemaBoxers were the first to give me the correct answers.

PM me your address and I'll "Drop A Load" in the mail for ya!! ;):)

The corrrect answers were...

The soap opera: Days of Our Lives

The product: Budweiser

I actually thought the soap opera was going to be the harder one to guess, but everyone got that correct. :)

Product guesses: 2 for CocaCola & 1 for Folgers Coffee (Don't ask! I ain't telling who guessed wrong ;) )

This was fun!!

As much as I love these, I can honestly say that I would never leave them in a cache.

So... with that in mind, I've decide that I want to get rid of the remaining 4 that I have available to give away much the same way as I did above!! :)

Stay tuned ... I'll post another trivia question on this post later this evening for the next "Crappy" give away. B)

Now I got to find another good trivia question B)

When I first started posting this I thought I had a good question in mind.

But I Googled a movie title to double check myself and the answer came up in the first link in the list of results. ;)

Nah.. I don't think it'll be that easy. :)

D-man :P

Edited by gridlox

OK... here it goes... Round 2

In the original 1971 release of the movie Vanishing Point starring Barry Newman, (not the "crappy" 1997 TV remake :) ) what was the year, make, & model of the car that crashed into the bulldozers at the end of the movie?

First one to post correctly gets the next Crappy Cache coin!!

Good Luck!

D-man :)

In the original 1971 release of the movie Vanishing Point starring Barry Newman, (not the "crappy" 1997 TV remake :) ) what was the year, make, & model of the car that crashed into the bulldozers at the end of the movie?

Good Luck!

1970 dodge challenger

Good Luck!

1967 Chevy Camaro

There was actually four 440 Challenger R/Ts and one 383 Challenger R/T, which was an automatic with green interior. This one was used for some exterior shots and it pulled the 1967 Camaro up to speed so the Camaro could hit the bulldozers. All chevys

-IMDB

Edited by nooks

deal was struck between 20th Century Fox and the Chrysler Corporation for the loan of several brand-new 1970 Dodge Challengers for a film (the first year for the Dodge Challenger). Director Richard C. Sarafian was approached with the question, "Can you do a movie with these cars?" which he said he could. A script was commissioned, and the result was this movie. Five cars were loaned, four were damaged beyond repair, and the fifth was stolen by a prostitute, but recovered by state police a short time later.

-more IMDB

The car featured in the film is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with a 440 cubic-inch V-8, and not a 426 Hemi V-8 (as is often believed). Five white Challengers loaned from the Chrysler Corporation were used during the filming.

yet more from IMDB

Now I want popcorn and to watch a good movie, Like Time Bandits, which I'm watching now. and I"M thinking up trivia questions

:):)

While the main car used in the movie is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, the car used in the crash scene at the end of the film is a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_Point

Congrats chaosmanor!!

PM me your address and I'll get yours in the mail on Monday as well.

Well, I see I am gonna have to be a bit more clever for you guys on the next round. :)

Maybe no more movie trivia. ;)

Round 3 - Monday Night! ;)

The car featured in the film is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with a 440 cubic-inch V-8, and not a 426 Hemi V-8 (as is often believed). Five white Challengers loaned from the Chrysler Corporation were used during the filming.

In the final crash, the 1967 Camaro explodes before hitting the road barrier.

Funny things you can find in less than 5 minutes on Google!

Edited by Fluttershy

422_67camaro.jpg

Ooohh!! VERY NICE!!!

I so miss my '69 Camaro :)B););)

& my '69 Chevelle, '69 Nova, '70 Chevelle SS, '76 Mustang II (with a tricked out 302), & even the lil '84 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z.

But I miss the Camaro the worstest! :)

Maybe one day I'll be able to get another one. ;)

I so miss my '69 Camaro :):););)

Maybe one day I'll be able to get another one. :D

D-man :D

I had a yellow '69 rally sport with houndstooth interior and hidden headlights. Had to sell it! :)

cydriver

I feel your pain! B)

I had a mild heart attack in '92 and had to liquidate mine as well to pay off "some" of the medical bills! B) That alone about put me back in the hospital. :P

I bought it for $800 in '89. Stock coupe, Brown primer, 250cid 6 banger, a Glide tranny, & stock rims.

Sold it for $3200(A Steal!!) - I'd added all Z-28 spoilers, painted it '86 Corvette Blue Pearl w/ Cadillac White Pearl Rally Stripes, gave it a tricked out 396 with an ungodly amount of chrome & braided hoses, a beefed-up TH-350 tranny, 4:11 gears out back, Centerline Street Pro mags (skinnies in the front & 60's in the rear), & a killer Pioneer sound system. Other than the tranny work & the sound system, I did all the work myself. :)

The really sad part is that we had a break-in at our storage building a few years ago and they stole everything in the building. "Including" a scrapbook I had of the transformation that included EVERY picture I had of it. :DB);)

I don't even have a single pic of it. I've tried to track it down several times, just to get to see it again (or at least a pic). But, no luck. The guy I sold it to traded it off to someone in Texas and that's the last I can find out about it.

D-man :D