How much on a 512MB card?

oOJUXEOo

You can easily load your tri state area on a 512 card.Using CN8 everything west of north dakota ,nebraksa kansan and oklahoma is right at 400mb so you still have room for custom pois and tracks as well.The easiest way to figure out is open mapsource and select the maps you want and it will tell you on the right hand side under maps how much room they will take up.

Just wondering how much of an area of Mapsource City Navigator I can fit on a 512 MB microSD card. I was probably interested in putting my tri-state area on it..

You'll have no problem. You might even fit it on the stock card. For City Nav I put everything east of TN and everything W of SD in 1g with room to spare. Presently I have topo + city nav for CA, NV, OR in under 300 meg.

Just wondering how much of an area of Mapsource City Navigator I can fit on a 512 MB microSD card. I was probably interested in putting my tri-state area on it..

I have all of Louisiana, southern Arkansas and Texas as far west as Austin and still have about 3/4 of the space available. I found some cards on line for 17.95 (san disk) A lot cheaper than local stores. I got two, and will probablly never need the second one. I will probably duplicate the data I have onto it and keep it for a back up.

City Navigator North America NT v8 is compressed compared to the regular version. Can I store New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey in this format on a 512MB card?

Those will all fit easily on a 512MB card. I use a 1GB card in my streetpilot i3 and fit the continental usa on it with about 100mb to spare for poi's.

Ray

City Navigator North America NT v8 is compressed compared to the regular version. Can I store New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey in this format on a 512MB card?

Yes, plus a lot more. All for City Navigator N. A. NT v8: NY = 34.1 MB; PA = 34.0 MB; NJ = 17.2 MB. For total of 85.5 MB. You'll notice that the 3 maps zizes don't add up to 85.5 but to 85.3, but when all 3 are loaded it is says 85.5 MB. Is probably due to rounding off when just the individaul maps are displayed for loading. Leaving you well over 400 Mb more room on your 512MB card.