Check out my review of Sanyo eneloop batteries

vivona

While researching a solution to short NiMH rechargeable battery life in my new digital camera I tried a set of the new Sanyo eneloop batteries. They can be used with regular chargers like any other NiMH AA battery, but they will stay charged while your GPS is sitting on the shelf between outings. They claim to hold 85% of their charge after a year. That is great for occasional GPS users that want to grab and use their GPS without having to wait for the batteries to be charged. They are also great for digital cameras because they maintain a high voltage during their discharge cycle.

I wrote a review about my eneloops. Check it out at Sanyo eneloop Review .

I hope my review is helpful. :unsure:

While researching a solution to short NiMH rechargeable battery life in my new digital camera I tried a set of the new Sanyo eneloop batteries. They can be used with regular chargers like any other NiMH AA battery, but they will stay charged while your GPS is sitting on the shelf between outings. They claim to hold 85% of their charge after a year. That is great for occasional GPS users that want to grab and use their GPS without having to wait for the batteries to be charged. They are also great for digital cameras because they maintain a high voltage during their discharge cycle.

I wrote a review about my eneloops. Check it out at Sanyo eneloop Review .

I hope my review is helpful. :unsure:

Here is some info about the eneloop batteries. I hear they are pretty good, and plan to get some next tme I need to replace some of mine. Also, keep in mind a GOOD charger is THE SECRET to a good rechargable batteries long life.

http://www.sanyo.co.jp/koho/hypertext4-eng/0511/1101-2e.html

Here is a good review of chargers:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

A nice review, and a likely answer to the question I had in my mind as to why my NiMH's weren't lasting as long as I expected in my digicam.

Checking a presumption on my part: are the Sanyo Eneloops pretty much the same as the Rayovac Hybrids? (I forget at the moment the mAH rating of the hybrids, but I think it's 2000 or so.)

Checking a presumption on my part: are the Sanyo Eneloops pretty much the same as the Rayovac Hybrids? (I forget at the moment the mAH rating of the hybrids, but I think it's 2000 or so.)

The Ray-o-Vac Hybrids use a similar technology, but claim to last 9 months. I recall the package saying that they retain 80% of their power after 6 months whereas the eneloops have 85% after one year. Probably splitting hairs if you only need a few months of shelf life. The Ray-o-vacs are easier to find. The Sanyo eneloops are fairly new and are harder to find. There are several online sources, but the shipping can run the cost up too much. I found mine locally at Circuit City. The HH Gregg stores (we don't have those in FL) also carry them. Ritz Camera might have them. I'm sure they will become more available in time.