eXplorist 500 Windows Drivers?

Torgut

Hello !

I want to use my eXplorist as a NMEA Data Comm device connectet to MS AutoRoute. When I turn it on, a Windows XP notice appears saying that Magellan Explorist was found and kinda of ask for the drivers.

I don't know where I have the box, manuals and eventual CD's from the original package.

I'm not finding any reference to Windows Drivers in Magellan official website (support - product eXplorist 500).

Any ideas about this situation?

Edited by Torgut

Ok, I see what you are asking now...sorry can't help there..

I tried it with mine and it does the samething you observe, but since I am new to this device I don;t know why i would go into NMEA data mode :unsure:

You would go into NEMA mode so you can watch your position while using software as MS AutoRoute or Google Earth Plus.

When I tried to connect my Explorist 500 to my laptop, live, in NEMA mode, I got the same thing. I just let Windows install one of their drivers & everything worked great. I didn't have any special Magellan drives.

That's odd. I receive the message: "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".

Ok, finally found the drivers:

http://www.nextdestination.com.au/Pages/Do...ndName=Magellan

Amazing how Magellan fails to offer this important piece of data on its website.

Yes, but no drivers for windows xp, only vista and old 98.... Still USELESS..... Trying to find maps or upload maps to a Magellan is like pulling teeth in the dark with no painkillers. The magellan website is about as useless as a dead raccoon on the side of the highway, no drivers, no support, vague instructions, etc. The most horrible overall support I have ever seen for a product, once you buy their product, you are basically on your own.....

My solution to this....GET RID OF THE MAGELLAN AND BUY A GARMIN....

Edited by RaDDx