Teaser Time!

gridlox

Bump. :huh:

Current status?

Back in the talented hands of the mint die makers.

Due to the intricate nature of the very detailed double-sided coin, plus the center spinner, it is taking a bit to get the dies remade to correct the errors from the first set of samples.

By having the spinner on this one it's like having 2 coins that have to be redied.

( :anicute: Well come to think of it, it's not "like having 2 coins redied", it "is" having 2 coins redied)

Add to that the fact that the alignment of them have to be correct or it the decoding doesn't work also increases the difficulty of making the dies.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we see something back on them. ;)

D-man ;)

Bump. :ph34r:

Current status?

Due to the intricate nature of the very detailed double-sided coin, plus the center spinner, it is taking a bit to get the dies remade to correct the errors from the first set of samples.

By having the spinner on this one it's like having 2 coins that have to be redied.

( :ph34r: Well come to think of it, it's not "like having 2 coins redied", it "is" having 2 coins redied)

Add to that the fact that the alignment of them have to be correct or it the decoding doesn't work also increases the difficulty of making the dies.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we see something back on them. :(

D-man :(

I had indeed missed the preview of this one the first time around. I'd love to see more.... so I'll be watching here like everyone else.

I suppose that you could cut off all of the 'please reserve me (this many)!' posts to the thread if you had indicated where and how they were going to be sold originally...... nah, probably not. :)

Scott no you didn't it's on page 1 :ph34r:

ROT13_Spinner_SneekPeek.jpg

Now comes the wait :(

First of all, I just had to get this picture posted yet again :( <- me looking up at the preview picture.

Glenn..... I *did* see it at the top of page 1. But I *did not* see it back in February (the first time around... before this thread was recently bumped). I'm glad that I didn't miss anything else here. This one looks quite beautiful... and functional too. Besides, decoders fit well into my coin collection theme of "man made objects", so I'll definitely be on the lookout for one of these. :ph34r:

Just recieved the first pics of the initial samples of the ROT13 Dragon Spinners.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!

We're working on getting a correction done to one of the dies that didn't come out the way I thought it should, so it's gonna be just a bit longer before we have some finished samples to show you guys! :yikes:

I'm so excited about how these are turning out that I just can't wait to show them off. I didn't want to show the whole coin until we have them 100% perfect...

So...

Here's your tease...

ROT13_Spinner_SneekPeek.jpg

:o:D

D-man :rolleyes:

Very Nice <_< We will want a couple of these.

Bump. :laughing:

Current status?

( <_< Well come to think of it, it's not "like having 2 coins redied", it "is" having 2 coins redied)

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we see something back on them. <_<

D-man <_<

Sounds a little nerve wracking. I can hardly wait to see the complete picture.

update on the coin please B)

:o:o The second proofs are in!! :D:D

:D:DThey look fantastic!! :D:D

Sometime this weekend I will probably will make one minor color change to the transparent coloring on the back that will enhance features done at 50% raised level to make them more visible.

With that I'll give the final approval to go to mint!! :o

I tried to take some pics of them, but couldn't get anything that looked good enough to post. :o:o

I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow when I can get outside in the daylight and post them late tomorrow or Saturday morning. :o

D-man B)

OK, OK, here's a pic of the samples!

Enjoy and drool!! :wub::drama:

DragonSpinners.jpg

They will be sent to mint the first of next week.

They will be sold on the Geowag.com website.

There is no sign up list or presales. All sales will begin when we get them "in-hand".

Price has yet to be determined. (We haven't nailed down the exact amount that will be made just yet.)

Size: 2inches. 3-D on both sides.

Let's see... have I missed anything... Oh yeah!!... Wipe your chin!! :wub::sad:

D-man :sad:

Edited by gridlox

SKKaaaaaaCHiiiiiiiiNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

that was the coolness meter busting.

Here's one fan begging you to give us the heads up so we can get one of these. A suggestion: (actually a plea) it sure would be swell if a kind-hearted Gridlox would offer to reserve one set for his most ardent fans :drama: (grovel...grovel...grovel...)

Quick question - How does the coin work? I just noticed in the picture that the only view box is on the 'N' on each coin. Does the outer alpha ring stay in place and the box move???

You line up the Alpha letter with the pointed tail (Hard to see in the pics but the other tail is rounded) and the decoded letter shows in the window. :drama:

Quick question - How does the coin work? I just noticed in the picture that the only view box is on the 'N' on each coin. Does the outer alpha ring stay in place and the box move???

You line up the Alpha letter with the pointed tail (Hard to see in the pics but the other tail is rounded) and the decoded letter shows in the window. :drama:

This is very similiar to how the Champoeg coin works. I love hte design and of course the dragons add a nice touch!

You line up the Alpha letter with the pointed tail (Hard to see in the pics but the other tail is rounded) and the decoded letter shows in the window. :D

It's been brought to my attention by someone who has seen the samples that the coin works two ways!

The decoded letter also aligns with the opposite tail!!

WELL WHATA YA KNOW!! :P Purely accidental!! :ph34r:

Funny how ones mind gets in one track of thought that you miss the obvious!! :P

Actually glad it worked out that way since it may have caused some confusion if it hadn't. :D

D-man :)