Insert suggestions here...

kimba off track

I am working on a coin idea and have hit a wall. I have the front figured out, but could use some suggestions on the back. Please take a look at this and let me know what you think. I was thinking about writing "I see a cache in your future" or instead of "cache", how about "a FTF"? Any ideas? Thanks. The picutre on the back does not show up well, but it is a fortune teller looking into a crystal ball with a gx geo symbol in it.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/kimba_03753/ouija.jpg

Edited by kimba off track

Just thinking of some ideas outloud there.

Rotate the back of the coin 90 degrees so that it's tall instead of wide. This will give you more room to inlarge the fortune teller. Make the crystal ball as big as you can, put an ammobox in it. Would be cool if you could use translucent white over the ball to make it look more like a crystal ball but still see the ammo box through the translucent enamel.

...Anthus

Rotate the back of the coin 90 degrees so that it's tall instead of wide. This will give you more room to inlarge the fortune teller. Make the crystal ball as big as you can, put an ammobox in it. Would be cool if you could use translucent white over the ball to make it look more like a crystal ball but still see the ammo box through the translucent enamel.

...Anthus

Ohh, I like the translucent crystal ball idea. I also like the GPSr being the oracle!

...Anthus

Anther thought here -- make the oracle out of a separate piece of metal (this would mean additional die fees but you could keep the cost down with no colors and no 3D) that is magnetic and has the hole in it. Make the square coin (the board with the letters and numbers on it) magnetic also. Then one can place the oracle on the board, move it around, and see the letters through the hole. The only reason I suggest magnetic is so we don't lose the piece so easily. Although the magnetic field cannot be too strong or you won't be able to move the oracle -- thinking out loud again....

I know, it's more elaborate and involves more effort -- but I like unique and/or interactive coins. :unsure:

When I saw this, I immediately thought it would make a great puzzle coin. And the way a ouija board is set up looks to be almost ROT-13.

Random thoughts:

Make the front the ammo can but set up as a ouija board.

You could have has pictures on the four corners of the front be various icons of the types of caches we find

The back has the message spelled out - You Will Find Cache - with the GPS pointing to one of the letters (the GPS being the oracle) and the tracking information

Hovering somewhere on there (back probably) should be the Virtual ghost. Not sure if that requires Groundspeak approval for its use but since the ouija is to connect with spirits - well - the virtual icon is a ghost. :unsure:

Added:

And instead of the numbers on the front 1234567890 - make those your area coords.

Edited by GPX Navigators