Geocoins

hayndog

Hey everyone I am going to Australia in a few months and wanted to drop a geocoin in as many caches as I can find while I'm there but I have found that this would be a very expensive proposition. Does anyone know where I can buy really inexpensive Geocoins possibly in a group of 20 or 30? I have allready checked E-bay and Michigan Geocaching web sites and I just can't afford the number I would like to take with me.

Thanks,

Hayndog

Hey everyone I am going to Australia in a few months and wanted to drop a geocoin in as many caches as I can find while I'm there but I have found that this would be a very expensive proposition. Does anyone know where I can buy really inexpensive Geocoins possibly in a group of 20 or 30? I have allready checked E-bay and Michigan Geocaching web sites and I just can't afford the number I would like to take with me.

Thanks,

Hayndog

How about I activate some of my Geocoins, send them to you and you take them to OZ to place?

Cafepress.com makes it easy to create fridge magnets and buttons - I have a lovely prntr1 magnet on my fridge - if you don't want to leave wooden nickels. If you want to make your own trackables for australia I suggest you sign up at geocaching.com.au and make some 'swaggies' these are free and will allow your bug to be tracked in ALL aussie caches not just GC.com ones - travelertags.com, sigitem.com and the impossible french site geolutins.com are other fussier-but-free ways to track things.

There is no need to get too fancy to make a 'unique' sig item - something cheap from the USA like a plastic keyring or small beanie toy that isn't sold here will do the trick :) I have been buying cheap souvenire pins - about $2.50 local money, patches and $2 collectible aussie beanie babies ready for my trip to Canada!

Geoswag.com make nice geocaching pins - the postage makes them dear out here.

Look forward to seeing your logs downunder

Edited by forthferalz
Is there an easy way to find the geocoin forum. I had no idea there was such a thing but I should assume there is.

Inexpensive to me would be $3.00, expensive would be $10.00 dollars which is what they seem to sell for most of the time.

I know that I don't have anything for $3.00...but I do have a few (GC Trackable) coins in the $5.00 to $8.00 range if you are interested. Check my trade link below, for some of the fairest prices you'll find. These are not available to anyone re-selling for a profit, BTW.