Does this count as an attendence

Due to the wonders of modern technology, all those who attended Cache Bash! Destination America also appeared visually and vocally at Farewell Brum Bash and vice versa.

We all thought that this counted as a find, but what do you think?

If this was allowed, every Tom, Dick and Harry would set up webcams and video phones and rack up hundreds of events as 'finds' all done from the comfort of their armchairs, so to speak.

Definitely a no-no!

I'd beg to differ (well, a lot of people do say I'm "Different", but not directly to me;-)

If the event organisers / organizers (well, it was destination America!) decided that attendance by webcast was allowable, then you should be allowed to log both. It's also reduced you carbon footprint by attending virtually rather than travelling there ;-)

In the long run, it's your stats, if you feel that you attended both, then log them both. If you think you might get to 1000 caches but in the back of your mind think "Well, it's only 999 really", then only log one.

Due to the wonders of modern technology, all those who attended Cache Bash! Destination America also appeared visually and vocally at Farewell Brum Bash and vice versa.

We all thought that this counted as a find, but what do you think?

Muhahahha! Tony! You forgot the "tongue in cheek" smiley!

Well i must say i have had a couple of emails from cachers requesting that they can log the brum bash despite not coming and being 100 miles away in Reading!!!!!

I was mildy amused!

Perhaps we should be able to log the Reading event twice...after all photographic evidence should be available via Bob!!

May be two photos but, when you view them, it is just one picture. But you can be seen "in the round" so to speak :unsure:

oh and BTW wasn't me that sent an email to Lathama

wasn't me, either. I asked him in the chatroom :blink:

Bob

Edited by Belplasca

Perhaps we should be able to log the Reading event twice...after all photographic evidence should be available via Bob!!

May be two photos but, when you view them, it is just one picture. But you can be seen "in the round" so to speak :unsure:

oh and BTW wasn't me that sent an email to Lathama

wasn't me, either. I asked him in the chatroom :blink:

Bob

No No wasnt you

I once chatted with cachers in the USofA, Canada and Australia. Now I've got to spend the weekend claiming every cache they'd ever seen with their very own eyes. Mrs N is not going to be pleased as this will take forever.

Hang on: I've exchanged emails with cachers in Malta, Italy and France. Scrub the rest of the month, Mrs N.