Anyone bought from HOBBYCACHE.com?

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This outfit is a spin-off of "Hobbytron.com"....

Search Utah's BBB site for some info on those a**-Clowns.

They WILL rip you off, they WILL deliver knock-offs, opened, and refurb items claiming they are new..

They have ZERO customer service skills.

Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere.

There are countless threads on the RC groups about this scam/crook outfit.

Am I missing somthing? A Garmen Vista Cx for $217.??... Im kind of new to geocaching and Im looking for a Vista cx but Im not sure if Im missing somthing on this. Let me know if anyone has bought through this site or not. I really do not want to get burned. Thanks for any replies.

I don't know where you got that price. I just went to the site and they said it was $299.

I don't know where weakfish got his information - he has certainly never done business with us.

We are a very small company started by two cachers who just love geocaching. All of our GPSes are new and are probably not the lowest price you will find, but not the highest either. As I said we are small and so not always able to get the big volume discounts that a major distributor may get. But we do take pride in our customer service. We are honest and hardworking. We ship all of our items the next day and sometimes the very day an order is placed. We also run the hobbycache store on eBay.

We have never had any affiliation with Hobbytron.com as was suggested - but I have never done business with that company so I do not know what that suggestion might infer.

Mainly, we opened shop to provide items for local cachers who want a last minute travel bugs, mapping software or gps brackets without the hassle of shipping and such. We do lots of business with customers in Europe for some reason.

Yes, the prices on the geocoins are high on our site. Not many of them sell and they often find their way out of our inventory and into our caches or our friends' caches as FTF prizes and such. Geocoins are such a part of caching, we mainly have them on our site for exposure, not expecting many to sell. We would rather focus on geocaching kits and the like.

We are not out to rip anyone off and do our best to make sure our customers are happy with their items and their experience. Occassionally we do get a pricebreak on GPSes from our distributor and will offer sales that last for a short time to pass on the savings. This may have been the reason for the price originally spoken of here.

If anyone still has questions about us, you are welcome to email us and we can talk about who we really are.

Thanks,

Laura@hobbycache.com

Never bought from hobbycache but I can vouch for hobbytron.com.They're not too bad with pricing and service,it's just what they sell.A lot of asian crap.200-300 dollars worth of airsoft guns and one r/c helo later(Everything crapped out on us over one six month deployment...actually in about three months),we all knew never to buy their junk again.