Can't update avatar

rollthezee

I've never had a problem setting up an avatar, and it seems to work for everyone else, so perhaps you are still missing a step.

On the "Choose My Avatar" page, make sure you have selected the desired avatar image and it is appearing on the right hand side under the "Current (remove)" button. Click the "re-register the changes" link:

register_the_changes.gif

You will be take to another page like the one shown below. Click the "Enter the Groundspeak Forums" link on that page, and your avatar should be visible.

enter_the_forums.gif

I've never had a problem setting up an avatar, and it seems to work for everyone else, so perhaps you are still missing a step.

On the "Choose My Avatar" page, make sure you have selected the desired avatar image and it is appearing on the right hand side under the "Current (remove)" button. Click the "re-register the changes" link:

I tried your instructions, they work.

Just remember that when you 'choose photo' (by clicking on it) you have to click the 'select avatar' button to set it. That give you the 'Current (remove) button'.

Then re-register.

Well alrighty then. Kudos to cache test dummies and BlueDeuce your instructions worked. The step I was missing, which was not in the original avatar instructions posting, was simply clicking on the uploaded avatar image to get it to show up under to the "Current/remove" button. The original posting had me logging in, logging out, and a bunch of other steps that didn't work. Thanks folks. I suppose now that I have been a geocacher for two whole months ( a geocacher with an avatar mind you ) I should step up to the plate go premium.

I am also having difficulty getting an avatar to show up on my posts,and i am following the instructions to the letter,accept I am not getting the click here to register your changes option after I have chosen my photo.Everything else seems to work fine accept this missing "register link".I'm probably not holding my tongue right while I am typing or something along that lines! Any ideas?? B :)

<--------- See...no photo!

Edited by bellapacifica