Travel bug idea

So a couple of nights ago I was trying to fall asleep and I came up with this travelbug idea.

In the summer of '08 myself and my family plan to ride our bicyles cross country. I was thinking it would be fun to drop a travel bug in Colorado where we start and race it cross country to Maine. I'd attach a tag to it stating its goal. I think that would be really fun. What do you think?

So a couple of nights ago I was trying to fall asleep and I came up with this travelbug idea.

In the summer of '08 myself and my family plan to ride our bicyles cross country. I was thinking it would be fun to drop a travel bug in Colorado where we start and race it cross country to Maine. I'd attach a tag to it stating its goal. I think that would be really fun. What do you think?

:cool: Great idea..but MY Money will be on the Travel Bug. hee hee :cool:

:cool: Great idea..but MY Money will be on the Travel Bug. hee hee :cool:

yeah probably :wub: It depends on what geocachers it hitches a ride with. I've seen some travelbugs with goal to go somewhere and first they travel thousands of miles the opposite direction. lol

:wub: Great idea..but MY Money will be on the Travel Bug. hee hee :blink:

I don't know about that. I've seen TBs move across country in one or two big jumps to reach their goal, yet I have one whose goal was only 225 miles from where it was released and it's been making its way there for nearly two years now.

Edited by briansnat

:wub: Great idea..but MY Money will be on the Travel Bug. hee hee :blink:

I don't know about that. I've seen TBs move across country in one or two big jumps to reach their goal, yet I have one whose goal was only 225 miles from where it was released and it's been making its way there for nearly two years now.

Yep, I've got two 'Homeward Bound' Travel bugs. That's where I drop a bug while traveling and it's goal is to make it back to Iowa.

Bug 1 Dropped 11/24/2005 - Flordia

Bug 2 Dropped 1/21/2006 - Ohio

Still waiting on both.