Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

I know it's not Feb 1 yet, but sign me up!

Done. :cool:

Forgot to add to my 1st post "Please use this thread, only for signing up for the contest."

John

I'm in. Dunno how good I'll do since I cleared out all of my local ones for last year's contest, but I'll give it a shot.

Dolphin also wishes to compete in this competition. If I can't spell out 2oldfarts with benchmarks that I haven't already found, I shall retire from competition! And if I get busted for digging in the lawn of the daycare center in Westfall Pa, so be it! R is for rivet! :cool:

Sign me up! Woo - Hooo!

(Just Klemmer)

Edited by Klemmer & TeddyBearMama

Is it OK for a surveyor to join in - or would I be seen to have an unfair advantage?

Is it OK for a surveyor to join in - or would I be seen to have an unfair advantage?

You're in. :blink:

If you feel that being a surveyor gives you an unfair advantage, then only hunt for those benchmarks that are in New Hampshire... :D;) Considering the number of benchmarks that we found that had been logged as not found by the USGS & NGS, I don't think there is any advantage to being a surveyor. :wub:

John

I'll be a part of it as well. Sounds like fun and the added incentive will at least get me out and about a bit more.

I'm in !

(I think there's an intersection station in the next county named "OLD FARTS HOME WATER TOWER")

Go ahead and sign me up too, please. Thanks for organizing the contest and for all I've learned from you and others here about benchmarking. I'm starting to like this better than caching.

Count me in. I'm already at a disadvantage because we'll still have snow on the ground for half the contest, but it's worth a shot. :(

Go ahead and sign me up. Hopefully I'll do better than last year's score (zero). ;)

I'd like to sign up. Maybe these are for another contest, but I had ideas for some bonus points. Greatest distance between two marks found by the same contestant. Bonus points for most # of finds. Extra points for documenting "destroyed" marks, such as BY2733, BY2735. Thanks, JeffH.

Only found a couple of benchmarks in the past, but this sounds like fun. Sign me up!

Count me in. I'm not sure I understand all of the rules but will give it a shot. I certainly won't violate a rule on purpose at least.

Ok, throw my hat in the ring please. I'm not going to win, but it'll give me an excuse to finally get out of the house (at least, if the temperatures improve some).

Well, seeing as I will be out of the country for a part of March...and got a new job that will keep me working most days, I'm still gonna throw my hat in the ring.

Now to somehow get rid of the sub zero temps and snow by March 1st......

Here is the current list of participants listed in the order they signed up.

If we have made any errors, please let us know.

John

NorthWes

rhelt100

GEO*Trailblazer1

Harry Dolphin

lostinthewuds

Klemmer

holograph

Holtie22

monkeykat

dirtfinder

TheBeanTeam

Ernmark

shorbird

BuckBrooke

cjf

GrizzFlyer

Doc Geo

chadleo10

AZcachemeister

andylphoto

Papa-Bear-NYC

firefighter4life_2006

fsubartender

rogbarn

fossillady

Firefighter Skippy

jeff.hugghins

Lizzy

wvhillbilly59

Intermountain Angler

piper28

AstroD-Team

2/3 Marine

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

Yay! Thanks for organizing this contest John & Shirley!

With or without the "dreaded PM from John", I'll give it a go!! :laughing:

Sign me up. I have to look for them all the time. Will give me extra incentive to look for more. Is this contest only for BM not searched for or can we seach for any BM, even if it was found recently.

Thanks for the contest.

Sign me up. I have to look for them all the time. Will give me extra incentive to look for more. Is this contest only for BM not searched for or can we seach for any BM, even if it was found recently.

Thanks for the contest.

It is for any benchmark that you have not found and logged on GC.com.

John

Sign me up, if I can stay out of the hospital, I might find a few <_<

Another old fart!

AKA seek & hide