MOGA 2007

Brawny Bear

Just a reminder that MOGA registration is open. This event will take place March 23 - 25, 2007 at Mark Twain Lake, Indian Creek Recreation Area, in Missouri. Mark Twain Lake is located close to Monroe City, Missouri.

This is our 4th year and we are looking forward to the event. The US Army Corps of Engineers at Mark Twain Lake has donated the entire recreation area for our weekend of fun. There are plenty of hotels around the lake and there is camping at the recreation area for 1/2 price if you mention you are with MOGA.

There will be over 60 permanent caches hidden throughout the area. The USACOE will assist in hiding these caches and will maintain them long after the event. We are expecting a good crowd so it should be a weekend full of fun and fellowship.

Our main draw is the geocaching competition each year. However, you do not have to compete to come and hunt caches and enjoy one of Missouri's most scenic lakes.

For more information including how to register, please visit the website -

MOGA WEBSITE

or visit the cache page -

MOGA EVENT PAGE

Thanks for listening!

I have a question related to MOGA and Trackables. I have been watching the MOGA cache. Several people have dropped off coins and TB's. What are they doing? I have guessed that they are going to bring the coins or TB's to the event. Is that correct? How is this handled? Do you drop them in a cache while there or give them to organizers and they spread them out. I am new at this and am not quite sure how this works with an event like MOGA.

Thanks for your help.

I have a question related to MOGA and Trackables. I have been watching the MOGA cache. Several people have dropped off coins and TB's. What are they doing? I have guessed that they are going to bring the coins or TB's to the event. Is that correct? How is this handled? Do you drop them in a cache while there or give them to organizers and they spread them out. I am new at this and am not quite sure how this works with an event like MOGA.

Thanks for your help.

Good question.

Usually when people place coins or travel bugs at an event (coins in particular) they show them to people in person or spread out and allow others to log the tracking numbers so they can "discover" the coins. When that happens, their profile gets the shiny new icon of that particular coin.

Now, occasionally people will actually drop off coins and bugs in caches or give them to people to move, but that happens with less frequency.

Hope this helps.