LOADING WAYPOINTS TO CACHEMATE

Hello all! I think I've about beat this one to death. I have GSAK on my laptop and cachemate on my pocket pc. I guess I can;t use GSAK to load the files to cachemate? I can load all of the cache info(GPX) files to the memory card in my phone and read them in cachemate that way. However cachemate will only allow me to move one file at a time to the cachemate main screen. THis gets really confusing because the files on the memory card are only the GC???? file format not the actual name of the cache.

Can anyone help me out here? IS there an easier way to export waypoints? Is there a way to move all of the files to cachemate at one time not one at a time?

You also need to know that I'm not the most computer savy person out there by a long shot, so please speak slowy...lol

lost

Hello all! I think I've about beat this one to death. I have GSAK on my laptop and cachemate on my pocket pc. I guess I can;t use GSAK to load the files to cachemate? I can load all of the cache info(GPX) files to the memory card in my phone and read them in cachemate that way. However cachemate will only allow me to move one file at a time to the cachemate main screen. THis gets really confusing because the files on the memory card are only the GC???? file format not the actual name of the cache.

Can anyone help me out here? IS there an easier way to export waypoints? Is there a way to move all of the files to cachemate at one time not one at a time?

You also need to know that I'm not the most computer savy person out there by a long shot, so please speak slowy...lol

lost

Yes there is a much easier way. In GSAK option bar, click on (file), then (export) in the drop down menu, then pick (Cachemate PDB file). This will create a file to download to your PDA.

Also a good place to look is in the forums of GSAK. Just do a search in this forum and it will direct you to the proper forum.

THanks cowboy!

The only problem is I'm not running a PALM I'm running a windows based pocket pc. The file option you mentioned won't work for non palm os systems. OR at least that is what the pop up says when I click on that function.

Thanks

anyother suggestions?

lost

I'm using a Dell Axim X3 and use GPS Sonar. I can download my pocket queries straight to my PPC from Windows Explorer. Works great. It show the page(s) just as you see it on geocaching.com

Select ll the caches you want to view in gsak and export them as a gpx file.You can then open that gpx file on your phone using cachemate and it will contai all of the caches in that gpx file.You will wnt to experiment a little bit with the # of caches you have per gpx as if you try to load too many it will take a really long time for cachemate to convert them all.You can also have multiple databses in cachemate just like gsak.Its a little confusing at first but once you get used to it it becomes very easy