Carabiner [Updates on Samples]

AtwellFamily

Briannan is very excited :) by this coin design. She has tried many sports and activities and these are the only two she has stuck with for any length of time and enjoys :lol: .

If you received email please don't order twice.

BlueFront.jpgBack.jpg

OrangeFront.jpgGreenFront.jpg

Metal - Colors:

Antique Gold - Blue

Antique Silver - Green

Antique Copper - Orange

Black Nickel - Pink (for trade only, limited qty being minted)

COIN PRICE:

US$8.50 each s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds $4.25 per order.

US$22.50 ~set of 3~ s/h included (United States or Canada). Worldwide shipping adds $4.25 per order.

LE trades will be considered for Black Nickel/Pink version, please email mike@atwell.com

COIN STATS:

Size: 1.25” x 2” coin

Thickness: 3mm coin

Metal: as specified above

Trackable: Yes, www.geocaching.com

Icon: Yes, not sure on icon design yet (probably pink carabiner)

Activation codes: will be available at www.CoinCodes.com

Unique elements: 3D climber, cutout

PRE-ORDER email INFORMATION:

If you are interested in reserving, please send an email to mike@atwell.com

Subject: Carabiner

(Copy and paste this into the email)

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Quantity per metal (or specify set):

STEPS UNTIL SHIPPING:

1. Pre-Production Sample posted to forum (Jan 31, 07)

2. Received Coins in hand (Mar 1, depending on Chinese New Year shut down)

3. Invoice those with pre-orders when coins arrive

4. Ship coins once a week

For all of you playing along at home: that is 2 kids coins, 2 more to come later this year.

I thought I did this before in another thread. Maybe my brain just generated a tachyon field. Anyway, email sent for a set!

I sent email to those who have shown interest in my previous coins. You may have responded to that. If so I'll delete the duplicate order. If they are different qualities, I'll put you down for the larger! :cool:

Thanks for your order(s)!!!

Thanks for the great response. I have already sold 150 coins. I am talking to the mint about going to hard enamel or epoxy dome on the colored part on the front. Make it look more like a rounded carabiner. There will be no cost increase if I get this done.

Thanks again. :blink:

Neat. That will make them look great.

Sending you an EM to change mot order.

We have a thing for carabiners, and even a TB with one. :wub:

We'd love to have a blue one... but, why charge $4.25 for the shipping costs for only one coin to Europe? :blink:

I charge that because I send all international shipments via USPS Priority Post which cost $5.25 flat rate. I don't send it regular mail. Just worried about a small bubble mailer with limited marking getting all the way there. If you would like to have yours sent regular post I could do that. Not sure the cost right now but couls get back to you. You would accept responsiblity at the point I ship.

Another good day, now at 273. Will close orders at 300.

I have a sample of with the epoxy coming next week. Will post pictures then. If it looks good, I'll make the change.

As for trades. A number of people have requested trades an I will trade and review them this weekend. If you do not have a list on cointracking of geocoincollection or your users name on those sites is different than your geonick please send a specific offer for trade.

Thanks

edited for spelling

Edited by Atwell Family

I sent an email for 2 sets...just under the wire in time I hope.

Looks like a great design

I almost missed this one :laughing:

Just under the wire. Only 4 left. Will be placing order tomorrow for 300 in total. 50 of which are the black nickel (pink) trade only coins. I should be able to post picture tomorrow of those coins.

If you requested a trade and didn't hear from me please contact me and tell me where your trade list is or make an offer.

Lets just give these last 4 away.... :laughing:

To the first 4 different people who can answer the following. Please only answer one question, we don't want you giving all the answers away...

1. Longest streak with consecutive days of snow cover in Denver, what year and how many inches?

2. With the current snow fall, what date would the new record be set on?

3. What did I break shoveling snow during the first blizzard?

4. How many caches have I found since the first blizzard (hint, guess low, difficulty goes up when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground)?

Have fun and good luck!

To the first 4 different people who can answer the following. Please only answer one question, we don't want you giving all the answers away...

Have fun and good luck!

February 22 would be day 64, setting a new all-time record for consecutive days with snow cover in Denver.

Well??????

Have fun and good luck!

February 22 would be day 64, setting a new all-time record for consecutive days with snow cover in Denver.

Well??????

That is correct, provided we have at least 1 inch of snow on the ground every day between now and then. Where they measure is at 9 inches today. They should be mearing in my front yard, still at 18-24". I think I have your address. You are a winner!!! :laughing:

1 down 3 to go.

4. How many caches have I found since the first blizzard (hint, guess low, difficulty goes up when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground)?

One

Were you guessing low or did you look this up somehow? In any case you are correct. It was a virtual in Vail, CO. If fact I know exactly what it was when I looked it up but had the kids find it.

3 of 4. Who will be the last lucking person of the day?

1. Longest streak with consecutive days of snow cover in Denver, what year and how many inches?

Have fun and good luck!

63 days -- Nov. 26, 1983 -- Jan. 27, 1984 ... the inches are tough...at least 1" daily to qualify for the record

One

Were you guessing low or did you look this up somehow? In any case you are correct. It was a virtual in Vail, CO. If fact I know exactly what it was when I looked it up but had the kids find it.

I guess you could say I looked it up... Hope it wasn't cheating! Took a guess of when the blizzard was and then looking at your caching stats. Whoo hoo. Im a winner finally! Beautiful looking coin too.

One

I guess you could say I looked it up... Hope it wasn't cheating! Took a guess of when the blizzard was and then looking at your caching stats. Whoo hoo. Im a winner finally! Beautiful looking coin too.

Good guess on the date, I cached 2 days before the first blizzard.

Have fun and good luck!

63 days -- Nov. 26, 1983 -- Jan. 27, 1984 ... the inches are tough...at least 1" daily to qualify for the record

Make sure one of the kids gets this coin...you are a winner!!!

Edited by Atwell Family

One

Good guess on the date, I cached 2 days before the first blizzard.

Yeah, I seen what looked to be lots of caching and then none and figured that blizzard started right around then.

I have received the samples in hand and was not happy with the quality. I am not one to produce a coin that I myself would not pay for. Therefore, I have contacted another mint and am getting new molds and samples made.

This WILL NOT effect the price of the coins to you. I stated the coins price and will honor it. This will however mean a delay in getting them minted. With the up coming Chinese New Year the mint is busy getting production coins done. Therefore I will not get new samples until early March and if all is good, production completed by the end of March.

I will be sending emails to all who have ordered these coins informing them of the issues. If at any point you would like to cancel your order please do not hesitate to send me an email. I would ask for you to wait and see the new samples, I will not sell anything that is not of a good quality, as you can see from my decision to walk away from molds I have paid for as well as shipping the samples.

Thank you for your patience, you will not be disappointed.

Mike

Just got the samples today. They are of much better quality then the first mint. I will be placing order and hope to have coins by end of month. I am so pleased that I didn't sell the first ones, these are that much of an improvement.

Pictures to follow later.

Still looking for an icon. Anyone is welcome to help.

Icon help again. Would love to use the Carabiner or girl or both somehow.SPL_092.jpg

Here is the original artwrok on the climber. Should have pink cloths on and brown hair. Remember this is for my 9 year old daughter. Needs her approval to be used.

That design looks good! or would it be Too detailed to be able to use?

Icon help again. Would love to use the Carabiner or girl or both somehow.SPL_092.jpg

Here is the original artwrok on the climber. Should have pink cloths on and brown hair. Remember this is for my 9 year old daughter. Needs her approval to be used.

That design looks good! or would it be Too detailed to be able to use?

Here are the two so far at 32bits:

32climb.JPG

32climb2.JPG