Symbology

crake

Wow, great coin!! I didn't realize at first (until spell checking) that the countries on the back were the 50 with the highest number of caches -- very neat. It looks like Argentina (45), Egypt (44), and UAE (44) were the ones that just missed and Namibia (58) and Hong Kong (59) were the last to make it.

Can't wait for these to go on sale.

Wow, great coin!! I didn't realize at first (until spell checking) that the countries on the back were the 50 with the highest number of caches -- very neat. It looks like Argentina (45), Egypt (44), and UAE (44) were the ones that just missed and Namibia (58) and Hong Kong (59) were the last to make it.

Yup - It took a while to piece that list together. Puerto Rico also just missed the cut. Lithuania just barely made it. Of course the number of caches do change, so this is a snapshot taken a few weeks ago.

I proof read all the countries and found no errors (although I had to check on a few only to find out I've been spelling them wrong for years!). I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but after 3 counts, unless I added a country I shouldn't have (typed up list and counted, as well as visually on the coin picture), I see 51 countries on the coin. Coin looks great! I can't wait till they're out!

-hybridgeek

Ok, I need one more person to verify there are 51 and I'll know I'm not crazy... but then again, maybe that's what you all want me to think.... .... ....

Chances are we counted a two-word country as two different countries. I'm looking forward to find out the final consensus on how many are listed.

-hybridgeek

Ok, I need one more person to verify there are 51 and I'll know I'm not crazy... but then again, maybe that's what you all want me to think.... .... ....

Chances are we counted a two-word country as two different countries. I'm looking forward to find out the final consensus on how many are listed.

-hybridgeek

I counted 50 and no more.

Sorry to have to disappoint you :laughing:

Here's what I see:

1. Austria

2. Australia

3. Belgium

4. Brazil

5. Canada

6. Chile

7. China

8. Croatia

9. Cyprus

10. Czech Republic

11. Denmark

12. Estonia

13. Finland

14. France

15. Germany

16. Greece

17. Hong Kong

18. Hungary

19. Iceland

20. Iraq

21. Ireland

22. Isle of Man

23. Italy

24. Japan

25. Latvia

26. Lithuania

27. Luxembourg

28. Malaysia

29. Mexico

30. Namibia

31. Netherlands

32. New Zealand

33. Norway

34. Poland

35. Portugal

36. Romania

37. Saudi Arabia

38. Singapore

39. Slovakia

40. Slovenia

41. South Africa

42. South Korea

43. Spain

44. Sweden

45. Switzerland

46. Taiwan

47. Thailand

48. Turkey

49. United Kingdom

50. United States

-hybridgeek

I counted 50 and no more.

Sorry to have to disappoint you :laughing:

I counted 50 as well (and now my vision is blurry).

The spelling and count look good. However, the center text ring of the coin states "50 countries with the most geocaches." Although listed under Country on the Geocaching hide and seek page, Hong Kong is not an independent country.

I didn't want to stir the geopolitical pot when creating this list, and there's more than one hot topic in that sea of names. So I had two options:

A: Delete the name of any region/country that is under control or whose control is contested.

B: Keep with the geocaching.com's classification.

Given the nature of the coin, I elected to go with geocaching.com's definition of "Country".

Edited by crake

The spelling and count look good. However, the center text ring of the coin states "50 countries with the most geocaches." Although listed under Country on the Geocaching hide and seek page, Hong Kong is not an independent country.

I didn't want to stir the geopolitical pot when creating this list, and there's more than one hot topic in that sea of names. So I had two options:

A: Delete the name of any region/country that is under control or whose control is contested.

B: Keep with the geocaching.com's classification.

Given the nature of the coin, I elected to go with geocaching.com's definition of "Country".

Definately the safest option Chris.

How much longer til I can sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :unsure:

Pricing info:

Antiqued Bronze: $8.40

Antiqued Silver: $8.40

Combo (1 each of above): $16.00 ($8 each)

And a special geared towards those who combine orders:

4+2 Combo (2 Antiqued Bronze, 2 Antiqued Silver, 2 LE): $48.00 ($8 ea)

Here's how LE's will work. In about a week I will open reservations. 1 week later I will snapshot the reservations, and enough LE's will be ordered to cover reservations at that time. Reservations placed after that point will still be filled, but will not be eligible for LE's. Also LE's will not be reminted after that point (thus the "limited" part of the name :rolleyes: ).

So find a partner and combine your order to get your LE! You've got about a week to figure it out :huh:

Here's how LE's will work. In about a week I will open reservations. 1 week later I will snapshot the reservations, and enough LE's will be ordered to cover reservations at that time. Reservations placed after that point will still be filled, but will not be eligible for LE's. Also LE's will not be reminted after that point (thus the "limited" part of the name :rolleyes: ).

So find a partner and combine your order to get your LE! You've got about a week to figure it out :o

Is there any chance you can put this off until after Geocoinfest? I don't know about anyone else but I personally will be offline for almost a week and will likely miss the reservation period.

Hate to miss a crack at this new crake... :huh:

Is there any chance you can put this off until after Geocoinfest? I don't know about anyone else but I personally will be offline for almost a week and will likely miss the reservation period.

Hate to miss a crack at this new crake... :rolleyes:

Oh, good point. The window is open for a week, which should cover those who will be away. It'll probably be Sunday to Sunday.

Pricing info:

Here's how LE's will work. In about a week I will open reservations. 1 week later I will snapshot the reservations, and enough LE's will be ordered to cover reservations at that time. Reservations placed after that point will still be filled, but will not be eligible for LE's. Also LE's will not be reminted after that point (thus the "limited" part of the name :o ).

So find a partner and combine your order to get your LE! You've got about a week to figure it out :o

I'm glad I was helpful, and was granted an LE! My geocoin budget is spent for the year already :rolleyes: (darn new year's resolutions :huh: )

Pricing info:

Here's how LE's will work. In about a week I will open reservations. 1 week later I will snapshot the reservations, and enough LE's will be ordered to cover reservations at that time. Reservations placed after that point will still be filled, but will not be eligible for LE's. Also LE's will not be reminted after that point (thus the "limited" part of the name :( ).

So find a partner and combine your order to get your LE! You've got about a week to figure it out :)

I'm glad I was helpful, and was granted an LE! My geocoin budget is spent for the year already :huh: (darn new year's resolutions :) )

I'm glad I was granted one too! Except I didn't make that resolution! In fact mine was to get my collection started! :)

AWESOME!!! :huh: I Have My buddy so we are all set to order the "Special Combo".

Looks like I can sllep now :D

Oh by the way, Is it copper? :)

Hey Bro - what do you mean sleep now... Of course you can sleep now... :D

It's some of crake's coins :) ... not evil micro glows or compass roses! :(

Hmm... actually we don't quite have those yet so maybe sleep is still not an option, yet! :)

Edited by keewee01

Pricing info:

Here's how LE's will work. In about a week I will open reservations. 1 week later I will snapshot the reservations, and enough LE's will be ordered to cover reservations at that time. Reservations placed after that point will still be filled, but will not be eligible for LE's. Also LE's will not be reminted after that point (thus the "limited" part of the name :huh: ).

So find a partner and combine your order to get your LE! You've got about a week to figure it out :)

anyone from the uk fancy combining orders? i would be happy combining with someone from elsewhere but i expect it will be easier and cheaper on postage to keep it in the uk! :):(

I never ordered a geocoin before :lol:

but this one ..... :lol:

Well...

I have to have it! :lol:

It includes names of two countries I love the most. It is nice to see both of their names on one geocoin. And especially on such an awesome one!

Maybe one of those countries is appearing on any geocoin for the first time. Well I think. Anybody has on overview of those countries? Did all of them already appeared on a geocoin? ;)

I can hardly wait to order my set. ;)

Edited by Soncek