Geocoin logging question

spencdo

Make your log as normal, but select the coin from your inventory before submitting. Once you have published the log, go back to the cache listing, click on your coin which now appears in the cache inventory and immediately withdraw it.

The other cool thing to do is, when you grab the trackable item back, you have to enter something into the log. I just type "123" and when done you will see your log. But wait, don't stop here. Now immediately "delete" your log. The coin will be in your inventory, but the logs will only show jumping from one cache to next, etc. Checkout this TB Reptar....

Make your log as normal, but select the coin from your inventory before submitting. Once you have published the log, go back to the cache listing, click on your coin which now appears in the cache inventory and immediately withdraw it.

The other cool thing to do is, when you grab the trackable item back, you have to enter something into the log. I just type "123" and when done you will see your log. But wait, don't stop here. Now immediately "delete" your log. The coin will be in your inventory, but the logs will only show jumping from one cache to next, etc. Checkout this TB Reptar....

Holy Buckets Over 56,000 miles on that tb!!!!! How many miles has it ridden in your car??? Wow!

I did the same thing but evidently not in the correct manner. I was logging geocaches I had previously done, on the date I did them, and immediately deleting them. A cache owner did not like that, and deleted my original log. Said I was supposed to put them in on 'post a note".

The owner probably didn't realize that you were deleting your second log, so it looked like you had "found" the cache twice. (And many owners won't allow that.) You can actually "find" a cache an unlimited amount of times and each "found it" log will increase your find count by one; deleting the log will decrease your count again, so you probably didn't notice that little anomaly while you were logging.

So for future reference, proper etiquette, if you've already found a cache and are "revisting" it to drop a coin etc., it to choose "write note" instead of "found it" from the drop down menu. If both your logs are now gone on that cache, try writing to the owner to explain what happened, I'm sure s/he will allow you to repost your original find.

jrr