A coin promotion and a coin give-away

PennyPacker

Ok then... missed by a few hours!

I've got another free coin to the first person (previous non-winner) that can post a screenshot of their activated Joe coin showing the 6-pack icon. I don't think your coins (keewee01) have traversed the entire hemisphere yet, so I'll do this a few more times next week.

<corrected Coors Light spelling>

Edited by PennyPacker

I've got another free coin to the first person (previous non-winner) that can post a screenshot of their activated Joe coin showing the 6-pack icon. I don't think your coins (keewee01) have traversed the entire hemispere yet, so I'll do this a few more times next week.

darn, dont have one yet, i was hoping ot get mine through these contests

I've got another free coin to the first person (previous non-winner) that can post a screenshot of their activated Joe coin showing the 6-pack icon. I don't think your coins (keewee01) have traversed the entire hemispere yet, so I'll do this a few more times next week.

Okay Mr. Fish, because of your persistence and the fact that you're a Scout, (an Eagle Scout myself) you just got yourself a coin. Send me your address and preference of gold or silver and I'll drop it in the mail. Congrats dude!

Okay Mr. Fish, because of your persistence and the fact that you're a Scout, (an Eagle Scout myself) you just got yourself a coin. Send me your address and preference of gold or silver and I'll drop it in the mail. Congrats dude!

haha you dont have to do that. i can wait until my kind of contest shows up. THanks for your generocity though (sent you a PM)

Edited by ByrnedFish

There sure are a lot of us scouting people here! <_< Odd really... whats caching, orienteering, Waymarking, etc, etc got to do with scouting!? :anitongue:

Oh, wait... it's the orienteering, Waymarking, etc, etc. :unsure: I can remember way back when I was a scout doing what amounts to multi-caches, except it was done by way of orienteering with a compass... not with a gps. :anibad:

And you're right... my coins haven't traversed the hemisphere yet... waiting waiting waiting... :anibad:

Sorry - a little OT, but with all the Scout talk, I had to say...

Its amazing how people come into caching. We found out about it through Letterboxing. (We were avid letterboxers before we geocached!) We still LB, but there are not many of them in our area, and most of the local ones are owned by us!

A LOT of fun though, and suits the artistic folks out there.

Lots of local cachers are involved with scouts - and we have a future Scout ourselves - so we really enjoy hearing about it, and learning more.

Theres a local cacher who's a Troop Leader who is a really great person - we already have our little guy's spot 'booked' in his troop! :anitongue:

Edited by CinemaBoxers

The next give-away will be for a Mint Green Joe coin, there's only 10 of them... one was sent off in the Secret Cupid exchange, one was sent down under and one will be given away next week. It won't be an easy win though. <_<

Hmmm... :huh: keewee rushes out to check mail box... ;) Oh... It's Sunday... :P

Maybe tomorrow...

Here's a chance to win a Mint Green Joe 6-Pack coin. There were only 10 of these made. The following questions are from a Puzzle cache that I've put together that has not been submitted yet, I'm just waiting for a particular piece of swag. Unlike the cache, you only need to come up with the answers to the questions, not the actual coordinates. I listed 9 of the 10 questions. All of the answers fall into the range of 0-9, none of the answers are repeated, obviously one of those numbers will not appear as an answer. You get one entry, edits are allowed, but unedited posts take precedence. First person to get all 9 answers correct, with the oldest edit time-stamp (or no edits at all), gets the coin. If no one has answered all 9 correct by 9pm Pacific time on 2-14-07, the person with the most correct answers, oldest or no post edits, will win.

A = Number of major 1996 Presidential candidates that are left-handed.

B = Number of states you can see from the top of the Empire State Building on a clear day.

C = Klingon number that looks like a vertical fish bone.

D = Industry standard shrink rate for Polycarbonate, multiplied by 1000.

E = Number of major league baseball pitchers to pitch more than 1 perfect game.

F = Number of House of Representative members Guam sends each session to the U.S. Congress.

G = Number of U.S. Presidents born in August in the 19th century.

H = Sum of the numbers in George Washington's boot size.

I = Position in the NASCAR standings that Tony Stewart was after the 2006 Sony HD 500 race.

To quote Jeff Probst, "Wanna know what you're playing for?"

mv009001.jpg

(I wish I knew how to take a decent picture, it really is a nice looking coin.)

I'll be going by the bookmarked page I have for each question as the official answer. If there are any discrepancies in answers, my bookmark wins.

A = 3

B = 5

C = 9

D = 5

E = 0

F = 1

G = 2

H = 4

I = 8

Looks like most have already guesses this one. I had conflicting research results for D so I'll guess a different number.

<off topic-kinda>Being a designer of plastic injection molds, D was the only one I didn't have to research. You are correct though as far as a conflict, P/C usually falls into a range between .005"-.007"/inch. Mold designers have to pick one, so they've settled on .006"/inch. There... even more obscure info.