A coin promotion and a coin give-away

PennyPacker

When I decided to make my own coin there were several reasons behind that decision. Just having my own coin with my Geonick on it was the primary reason, a little token of my involvement and support of this sport. I also wanted to help minimize my future coin expenditures by having a trade item to bargain with, rather than a credit card! I wanted to be able to give away some coins to friends, leave some behind in caches and to activate and track some of them. Of course giving some away in these forums was a high priority because, well, everybody likes to get a free coin... right? In light of all that, my financial goal was to at least break even. 'Breaking even' has different meanings to different people here. After all the costs (most of you know what they are) I wanted to have a couple dozen coins in my hand and to have experienced the whole coin-making process which has been exciting, terrifying and educational. I'm real close to that 'breaking even' goal, so I guess I can start giving back.

But first a wannabe give-away. The next 5 Joe 6-Pack coin orders (click the link in my sig line) with 2 or more coins ordered will receive their choice of a free gold or silver coin. If you order 3 or more coins I'll throw in a Black Nickel coin instead (if you prefer) - only 25 of these made. I'll post here when the 5 free ones are gone.

<edited to add: they're gone - thanks for the orders :D >

Now for the real give-away. I've got 5 more coins (your choice of gold or silver) for the first 5 people that can tell me what name Ms. PennyPacker and I have given to our Yamaha Rhino. Post your answer here. Good luck.

Edited by PennyPacker

When I decided to make my own coin there were several reasons behind that decision. Just having my own coin with my Geonick on it was the primary reason, a little token of my involvement and support of this sport. I also wanted to help minimize my future coin expenditures by having a trade item to bargain with, rather than a credit card! I wanted to be able to give away some coins to friends, leave some behind in caches and to activate and track some of them. Of course giving some away in these forums was a high priority because, well, everybody likes to get a free coin... right? In light of all that, my financial goal was to at least break even. 'Breaking even' has different meanings to different people here. After all the costs (most of you know what they are) I wanted to have a couple dozen coins in my hand and to have experienced the whole coin-making process which has been exciting, terrifying and educational. I'm real close to that 'breaking even' goal, so I guess I can start giving back.

But first a wannabe give-away. The next 5 Joe 6-Pack coin orders (click the link in my sig line) with 2 or more coins ordered will receive their choice of a free gold or silver coin. If you order 3 or more coins I'll throw in a Black Nickel coin instead (if you prefer) - only 25 of these made. I'll post here when the 5 free ones are gone.

Now for the real give-away. I've got 5 more coins (your choice of gold or silver) for the first 5 people that can tell me what name Ms. PennyPacker and I have given to our Yamaha Rhino. Post your answer here. Good luck.

the cache cow??? :D

Well I know that I am #7 but what the heck, Cache Cow.

Okay... so I'll take the first 7 then. That took 15 minutes.... geez...

Thanks for playing :D

Everyone including Damenace and up, PM me your address and choice of coin finish.

Now I know why I never give up :lol: . Thank you PP for your generosity, PM sent.

Bother - already ordered mine! Maybe I should order some more! LOL

Well I know that I am #7 but what the heck, Cache Cow.

Okay... so I'll take the first 7 then. That took 15 minutes.... geez...

Thanks for playing :)

Everyone including Damenace and up, PM me your address and choice of coin finish.

Now I know why I never give up :) . Thank you PP for your generosity, PM sent.

I managed to miss a few cut-off contests during Christmas and was rewarded for trying, so I figured I'd do the same. :lol:

Bother - already ordered mine! Maybe I should order some more! LOL

Well... yeah you should! :) But you've got something special coming either way. :lol:

I always miss the giveaways!!! Darnit! LOL

You and me together brother....Some day I'll actually make it to one.

Thanks for doing one though....its always fun to try, but also to see people willing to do contests.

I'll be doing more contests... there will be another one later today and one tomorrow. Check back at about 5 pm pacific time.

I always miss the giveaways!!! Darnit! LOL

Here's another chance to win a gold or silver Joe coin. Of the 7 coins given away yesterday, one finish request clearly out-numbered the other. One winner had no preference. Tell me which finish was requested the most (gold or silver) and how many of the 6 remaining coins were requested in this finish. First correct answer wins.

Try to limit guesses to one per hour.

Edited by PennyPacker

:unsure: 5 for silver... I know I'm late again. :blink:

HAha... what heppened to the next compition, yesterday night?

I wanted to see if you were paying attention :o

Really... I got so wrapped up in preparing & packaging-up the final orders that I ran out of time. I thought about doing it at 11pm (pacific time - I'm sure 90% of the forums members were still here), but I had no 'thought' left.

Check back later tonight...

I wanted to see if you were paying attention :o

Really... I got so wrapped up in preparing & packaging-up the final orders that I ran out of time. I thought about doing it at 11pm (pacific time - I'm sure 90% of the forums members were still here), but I had no 'thought' left.

darn, i prolyl wont be here, unless it is at 11. o well, thanks anyways for the competitions!

I wanted to see if you were paying attention :P

darn, i prolyl wont be here, unless it is at 11. o well, thanks anyways for the competitions!

:D So... am I late, or just really early? I very much enjoy the competitions. :o

May be it was "How many requested other than silver?"?

I know this... :unsure:

I wish I had thought of that ! :blink:

How 'bout this... the first reply in this thread after 2:00am pacific time on 2-3-07 gets their choice of gold or silver. I'll even pick up the international shipping, since you guys may have an edge. To clarify, it's the time on my end that the post is reported/recorded. BTW, 2:00am is NOT after 2:00am.

Please, only losers non-winners from earlier contests. And, if you've already purchased a Joe 6-Pack coin, I'll upgrade your free coin to a LE Black Nickel coin (only 25 made) if you like.

57chevy... you're early :o

May be it was "How many requested other than silver?"?

I know this... :blink:

I wish I had thought of that ! :o

How 'bout this... the first reply in this thread after 2:00am pacific time on 2-3-07 gets their choice of gold or silver. I'll even pick up the international shipping, since you guys may have an edge. To clarify, it's the time on my end that the post is reported/recorded. BTW, 2:00am is NOT after 2:00am.

Please, only losers non-winners from earlier contests. And, if you've already purchased a Joe 6-Pack coin, I'll upgrade your free coin to a LE Black Nickel coin (only 25 made) if you like.

57chevy... you're early :unsure:

Hello!

[Postscript Edit: Rats... it said 2am Pacific Ttime, not NZDT!! Opps! :P ]

Edited by keewee01

oh, turns out i will be around tonight, so you can change your competition for a more reasonable time, and a more skill based challenge, now that i will be here. Im sure you'll have it up in a couple minutes! :)

(just kidding)

Well... I could, but then those members that thrive on skill-less and unreasonably timed contests would be left out. :) There's something for everybody here. I've got plenty more to give away... next one will be a challenge. If might help if I knew what times you're available and what topics you excel at. ;)

oh, turns out i will be around tonight, so you can change your competition for a more reasonable time, and a more skill based challenge, now that i will be here. Im sure you'll have it up in a couple minutes! :)

(just kidding)

Well... I could, but then those members that thrive on skill-less and unreasonably timed contests would be left out. ;) There's something for everybody here. I've got plenty more to give away... next one will be a challenge. If might help if I knew what times you're available and what topics you excel at. :)

hahahaha. :);)