City Nav Ver 8 vs City Nav Ver 8 NT

robert4

I have a garmin gps map 60 csx. I want to get the city nav software. I can purchase the city nav ver 8 right now with some gift cards I have been given, or I could order the nt version and have to pay. I would rather use the gift cards, but I am worried that I will be giving up some good stuff, not getting the nt version. Please tell me what yall think about the 2 versions - performance, user friendly, overall program. Thanks in advance for the informaion.

robert

I have a garmin gps map 60 csx. I want to get the city nav software. I can purchase the city nav ver 8 right now with some gift cards I have been given, or I could order the nt version and have to pay. I would rather use the gift cards, but I am worried that I will be giving up some good stuff, not getting the nt version. Please tell me what yall think about the 2 versions - performance, user friendly, overall program. Thanks in advance for the informaion.

robert

There are no extra bells and whistles. The only difference is that the NT version uses a different compression scheme, so you can get more map data in the same amount of memory. Only (possible) downside is that some have reported that the NT version is a bit sluggish on map refreshes. Take that with a grain of salt.

You can bypass the whole issue by getting the non-NT version, and a 2GB memory card.